• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

2015ers Chit-Chat Thread (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Occupied

HSC
N/A
nah, i'd hate doing a major work, my lazy self wouldn't help :haha:

tho in hindsight, i wish i had taken ex1 eng

would've been interesting to see how i'd go

dw brah, all g
u'll love it, it's real angelic
sao many big words, sao much deepness and history and preteniousness and depressing-ness things and pondering about your existence in life (in after the bomb anyways)

Occupied

HSC
N/A
I heard ext1 was more enjoyable than advanced
if ur school does after the bomb and u like suicides ye

it's more ~deep~ and there's less work

Edit:
im kidding, ext 1 is a more structued form of adv so depends if u like structure or not

or thats how im taught - like paridgmns paradigmns and stuff like that

Last edited:
HSC
if ur school does after the bomb and u like suicides ye

it's more ~deep~ and there's less work

Edit:
im kidding, ext 1 is a more structured form of adv so depends if u like structure or not

or thats how im taught - like paridgmns paradigmns and stuff like that
more work? No thanks

Occupied

HSC
N/A
as in, subject wise?

well, i do chem, bio, modern, eco, engrish adv and 2u maffs

wbu?
maff LOL
dat asian accent creeping in

same as u but ext eng and math and no humanities

more work? No thanks
lol shoot me now

its not that bad,compared to all the mods and AOS in adv haha
all u need for HSC is one essay and one creative i think
if it wasn't for my lack of affinity to eng... that feel when you need to google affinity to make sure u put down the right word

Last edited:

rawrliongirl

HSC
Depends on what you're studying, if you're studying Hamlet, then yeah, it might be. I'm studying the speeches and I like Module B.
i did ze poetry of Yeats the depressed old man

yeah, mod B tends to be difficult. that's why u gotta know your text well
hmm, i thought I knew knew the poems fairly well :') I think i just suck at essay writing in general :/
It's funny. A friend of mine and I used to consider ourselves pretty alright at essays up until this year. now we're just like "where did we go wrong??!"

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
i did ze poetry of Yeats the depressed old man

hmm, i thought I knew knew the poems fairly well :') I think i just suck at essay writing in general :/
It's funny. A friend of mine and I used to consider ourselves pretty alright at essays up until this year. now we're just like "where did we go wrong??!"
Uggh, hate poetry.

rawrliongirl

HSC
i managed to overcome my issue in rendering my 3D animation thingies yaaAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!1!!!11!!!
now i can relax :')

(...and probably end up procrastinating even more on my major.......... :thrust: )

rawrliongirl

HSC
Uggh, hate poetry.

yas, espesh if its written by a depressed old man who hates his own guts and frequently writes about his unrequited love for Maud Gonne.
HE EVEN STARTED GOING ON ABOUT WHETHER MOTHERS WOULD ENDURE THE PAIN OF CHILDBIRTH IF THEY COULD SEE THE DECREPIT NATURE OF THEIR CHILDREN 60 YEARS IN THE FUTURE!!!!! :mad: he drove me mad. =_="

Occupied

HSC
N/A
yas, espesh if its written by a depressed old man who hates his own guts and frequently writes about his unrequited love for Maud Gonne.
HE EVEN STARTED GOING ON ABOUT WHETHER MOTHERS WOULD ENDURE THE PAIN OF CHILDBIRTH IF THEY COULD SEE THE DECREPIT NATURE OF THEIR CHILDREN 60 YEARS IN THE FUTURE!!!!! :mad: he drove me mad. =_="
wait decrepit nature? not deceitful?
is he 60 and decrepit?

rawrliongirl

HSC
wait decrepit nature? not deceitful?
is he 60 and decrepit?
well he was talking about how ugly he was and that by ageing he felt as though he betrayed his parents.
idk my teacher used the word "decrepit" im just quoting him lel :'))

Occupied

HSC
N/A
well he was talking about how ugly he was and that by ageing he felt as though he betrayed his parents.
idk my teacher used the word "decrepit" im just quoting him lel :'))
yeah, ignore me
I was just at that stage of confusion when you don't know a word and google it and need a few minutes to make sense of that word
dude sounds like an angel

HSC
if you guys are interested, I'm going to have a hsc interactive answer/ discussion thing

Probably just for discovery. We can collectively analyse texts and attempt at responding to the questions (I got some sample paper 1s)
Also, there could be a sharing of random stuff we find and then relating them to discovery (whether this is from past AOS papers or something you've come across online)

Why am I doing this?
Well just answering questions after questions is boring and having group interaction makes you actually do stuff. There's no marking criteria/ sample answers set for these practice discovery papers so it's best to hear answers from other people. It'll be good to have discussion on how we can answer the questions which is giving feedback to whoever wrote that response. I would make a marathon thread but that isn't going to be flexible as this idea. More importantly, you can be anonymous since it doesn't state the contributor unless you specify yourself

so interested?
contact this email for more info and I'll give you an invite: mythologicalsnow@gmail.com (note this is a random spare email, not my real details)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)