• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

2015ers Chit-Chat Thread (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ekman

HSC
has no meaning and i can't connect or feel any emotion towards it
I procrastinate so much every time I try reading one, and by the end of it I feel so tired of reading, so I procrastinate even more. The pain is real :bomb: #FWP

HSC
eh, essays aren't meant to evoke pathos lol. but yes, they tend to be mechanical

creatives on the other hand
There was one essay that I found brilliant which was written by a classmate. Each paragraph had synthesis weaved in and i was shock on how anyone could have their points so neat and straightforward.

Depends, all I can get my hands on are belonging creatives but of course they have to be pretentious and depressing. Discovery could be good though

I procrastinate so much every time I try reading one, and by the end of it I feel so tired of reading, so I procrastinate even more. The pain is real :bomb: #FWP
There are few essays that i actually like.

Occupied

HSC
N/A
There was one essay that I found brilliant which was written by a classmate. Each paragraph had synthesis weaved in and i was shock on how anyone could have their points so neat and straightforward.

Depends, all I can get my hands on are belonging creatives but of course they have to be pretentious and depressing. Discovery could be good though

There are few essays that i actually like.
I'm envious lol it's a struggle for me to interpret almost all exemplars with my tiny vocabulary.
One simply does not have enough patience to copy and paste an essay into dictionary.com

HSC
I'm envious lol it's a struggle for me to interpret almost all exemplars with my tiny vocabulary.
One simply does not have enough patience to copy and paste an essay into dictionary.com
sometimes i'm like 'this is a word?'. Don't worry, sometimes i can't pronounce the long words without getting tongue-tied

sounds like mine LOL
is yours more belonging or discovery lol?

Occupied

HSC
N/A
sometimes i'm like 'this is a word?'. Don't worry, sometimes i can't pronounce the long words without getting tongue-tied
Yup, yup it's like being rejected each time. And I feel my mind can only take so many rejections before it just zones out. What even is a petrarchan sonnet?

Or more importantly, who cares?

HSC
Yup, yup it's like being rejected each time. And I feel my mind can only take so many rejections before it just zones out. What even is a petrarchan sonnet?

Or more importantly, who cares?
This is where i embarrass myself and say 'that's a word?!'
well the red squiggly lines say otherwise

Occupied

HSC
N/A
discovery ofc

but my story is set around the premise on accepting/embracing unwanted discoveries to facilitate a renewed understanding of the world (tbh, my creative was able to include multiple elements of the rubric)

but yeh, you can interpret that not accepting change in discoveries lends to a life of monotony (this is where the depression came into my story lol)

english markers :p

also, dw

as you read more exemplars and expand ur vocab, u learn to pick the more precise words to explain things
yeah, nah m8; you lost me at facilitate. tbh my brain skips over most of ur posts; if that can be considered a compliment.

This is where i embarrass myself and say 'that's a word?!'
well the red squiggly lines say otherwise
See?
See?
It's so complicated, even the dictionary doesn't know it exist. It's like having a mid-life crisis every time I read an exemplar

Do markers read the dictionary for leisure? Oh wait, opps, there isn't 'petrarchan' in the dictionary

rawrliongirl

HSC
tbh, if you know exactly what you're going to argue, your argument tends to be sustained throughout without any lapses. it's expected that you would integrate within your paragraphs; not just having analysis solely on text 1 and text 2, but also drawing parallels and differences between the texts and their representation of the concept and discussion point (this is the synthesis tbh, but can also be applied to having connecting words, and sentences that follow logically)

was the exam question difficult to interpret?
nah it was actually a really general question.
the average for the cohort was 13/20 (Low B range) which is what I got. Only a few people got A's.
Apparently Mod B is pretty hard though? that's what other people said anyway. idk.

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
nah it was actually a really general question.
the average for the cohort was 13/20 (Low B range) which is what I got. Only a few people got A's.
Apparently Mod B is pretty hard though? that's what other people said anyway. idk.
Depends on what you're studying, if you're studying Hamlet, then yeah, it might be. I'm studying the speeches and I like Module B.

HSC
discovery ofc

but my story is set around the premise on accepting/embracing unwanted discoveries to facilitate a renewed understanding of the world (tbh, my creative was able to include multiple elements of the rubric)

but yeh, you can interpret that not accepting change in discoveries lends to a life of monotony (this is where the depression came into my story lol)

english markers :p

also, dw

as you read more exemplars and expand ur vocab, u learn to pick the more precise words to explain things
You got your story planned out so I trust your method
Discovery could be anything. Discovery of the self/ identity or of belonging/ not belonging or even discovery through a physical journey
AOS always link

yeah, nah m8; you lost me at facilitate. tbh my brain skips over most of ur posts; if that can be considered a compliment.

See?
See?
It's so complicated, even the dictionary doesn't know it exist. It's like having a mid-life crisis every time I read an exemplar

Do markers read the dictionary for leisure? Oh wait, opps, there isn't 'petrarchan' in the dictionary
Hawk's vocabulary is pretty strong, sadly i can't manage
i can even make up a word and one day it will end up in the dictionary

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
Discovery could be anything. Discovery of the self/ identity or of belonging/ not belonging or even discovery through a physical journey
AOS always link

lol, definetely agree with this, hawk bro, do extension 2

Occupied

HSC
N/A
That is very rude... :angryfire:
y? It's a compliment, I'm implying hawkrider is sophisticated and classy. Such is the effect of churning out one too many crappy essays
lost as in confused not laughing

I feel~ im on a different wavelength

Occupied

HSC
N/A
k lol

for some reason, this made me lol :haha:

yeah, mod B tends to be difficult. that's why u gotta know your text well
laughing at my misery :p Mod B is the best. No related, less work, what more can you ask for?

AOS always link

Yeah, I bet his spelling's 5 stars too
-sigh-
you know ur going to struggle with HSC english when u failed primary school spelling bees

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)