2015ers Chit-Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flop21

HSC
Quick question, is an aggregate of a subject basically the final mark you achieved for that subject? So for example a person achieved a final, scaled HSC mark of 80 in English Advanced, is that basically his aggregate for that subject?
The aggregate is involved with the ATAR / UAC process I'm pretty sure. The aggregate is a mark out of 500. So each unit out of 50 is added to give 500. I'm assuming it's your final HSC mark that is used to find your aggregate.

So yeah all your HSC marks get added up, e.g. 80 + 92 + 85 + 91 + 79 = 427/100 then UAC order everyone from highest aggregate to lowest and assign the ATARs accordingly.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

HecticSandWitch

2007 fuccboi hustler king
HSC
The aggregate is involved with the ATAR / UAC process I'm pretty sure. The aggregate is a mark out of 500. So each unit out of 50 is added to give 500. I'm assuming it's your final HSC mark that is used to find your aggregate.

So yeah all your HSC marks get added up, e.g. 80 + 92 + 85 + 91 + 79 = 427/100 then UAC order everyone from highest aggregate to lowest and assign the ATARs accordingly.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
You missed the part to where they scale your final HSC marks to a mark out of 50 by UAC. It is the UAC mark/50 that gets added up /500 and then they go down from highest to lowest and assign ATARS :)

For example,
a 90 in Ext Math: 44.7/50
90 in Bio: 40.8/50
90 in Automotive: 34.4/50

FreddieLawther

HSC
I gave my Discovery Creative to my class, if one of them copies it word for word in their exam (and I use it in mine) could I get in trouble? Could I even be caught?

Flop21

HSC
You missed the part to where they scale your final HSC marks to a mark out of 50 by UAC. It is the UAC mark/50 that gets added up /500 and then they go down from highest to lowest and assign ATARS :)

For example,
a 90 in Ext Math: 44.7/50
90 in Bio: 40.8/50
90 in Automotive: 34.4/50
Oh right, I just thought yeah /50 per unit, so for a 2u subject it's /100.

Wait, are you sure about that? Because having every subject /50 doesn't make sense and wouldn't add up to 500. Isn't is /50 per unit, not subject? So Bio would be out of 100??

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
I gave my Discovery Creative to my class, if one of them copies it word for word in their exam (and I use it in mine) could I get in trouble? Could I even be caught?
Both of you could get caught,but its extremely unlikely that you'll be caught.

Flop21

HSC
Both of you could get caught,but its extremely unlikely that you'll be caught.
If they got caught they'd both get zero. But yeah highly unlikely.

BUT, I thought I heard that they sort them in school piles (obviously the marker doesn't know what school) and get marked. So wouldn't that mean if they're from the same school it could be likely to be in the same pile?

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
If they got caught they'd both get zero. But yeah highly unlikely.

BUT, I thought I heard that they sort them in school piles (obviously the marker doesn't know what school) and get marked. So wouldn't that mean if they're from the same school it could be likely to be in the same pile?
Is the HSC marker marking that whole pile or he is given selected papers from that pile? Who knows lol.

HecticSandWitch

HSC
Oh right, I just thought yeah /50 per unit, so for a 2u subject it's /100.

Wait, are you sure about that? Because having every subject /50 doesn't make sense and wouldn't add up to 500. Isn't is /50 per unit, not subject? So Bio would be out of 100??
/50 per unit, yes, sorry should have clarified. But they reduce everything so that it is first out of 50, and then will multiply by two if necessary.

But remember, you can't add up your HSC marks and try to aggregate them yourself. UAC will scale each subject individually, and it is this scaled mark that get's used, not the HSC mark you get mid december.

HecticSandWitch

HSC
Is the HSC marker marking that whole pile or he is given selected papers from that pile? Who knows lol.
Marking is done electronically and papers are randomised :) They used 's to work from a pile but now there is no order (at least that's what the teachers at my school said.)

Flop21

HSC
Are you guys able to study with noise? If not, does your family shut up when you're studying or do they not give a shit like mine?

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
Quick question, when the ATAR results are released on BOS, will there be an overload and the servers will crash? Has this happened before?

Flop21

HSC
Anyone else getting RSI? Both my shoulders + writing wrist are screwed.

Mr_Kap

HSC
Are you guys able to study with noise? If not, does your family shut up when you're studying or do they not give a shit like mine?
Nup. Noise bothers me soo much, and due to the fact the apartment i'm in is small and the television is right behind me I can't escape the noise. I just wear earphones (that stick in your ear), and put a fan noise on. It actually works, as it is like background noise.

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
Hey Kap, see how you predicted and exam mark of 80 for English? Why do you think it'll go down to 78? Won't your mark actually be scaled up?

Mr_Kap

HSC
Hey Kap, see how you predicted and exam mark of 80 for English? Why do you think it'll go down to 78? Won't your mark actually be scaled up?
Examination mark is the the raw mark already scaled. It is NOT the raw mark. Examination Mark + Moderated Assessment Mark = HSC Mark.
I reckon my HSC mark will go down (in chem and english and biology) because my moderated assessment mark will be slightly lower because of my ranks.

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
Examination mark is the the raw mark already scaled. It is NOT the raw mark. Examination Mark + Moderated Assessment Mark = HSC Mark.
I reckon my HSC mark will go down (in chem and english and biology) because my moderated assessment mark will be slightly lower because of my ranks.
Ohhh okay, so what do you expect your raw mark to be for English?

leehuan

HSC
What is studying? Is that the thing I'm meant to do for my English exam on Monday week?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)