• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

2015ers Chit-Chat Thread (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

astroman

HSC
is aiming to write 1200 words mod A + ~900 word creative + answer 15marks worth of short responses achievable in a 2hr test?

teridax

HSC
N/A
feeling utterly screwed for my half yearlies lol

know cramming won't work for maths, but for content based subjects such legal studies and economics - how do you cram effectively?

like, say you need 3-4 days to study for those above subjects, what would you do to get all the info inscribed into your short-term memory?

@el-manu, from what i've gathered, you memorised the bio syllabus in a few days :haha:

Drsoccerball

HSC
Way of memorising shit:
Record yourself saying it and play it over and over
Write it 4092348 times

Ekman

HSC
Ok. Let's set out our goals..

My Aim: To cram 2 and 3 unit Maths, Biology, Physics, Write an English Speech and Chemistry...and get 90+ percent in all of them (apart from english and physics....80+)

Biology exam on friday, English speech on thursday, Mathematics 2 unit test next tuesday, Mathematics 3 unit next Wednesday, Physics test next monday, Chemistry test next thursday..
How much have you done so far?

teridax

HSC
N/A
our school does haha
wait, were you given the question beforehand?

also, if that's your time for writing the mod A essay - then you should cut down the word count

Last edited:

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
is aiming to write 1200 words mod A + ~900 word creative + answer 15marks worth of short responses achievable in a 2hr test?
This very largely depends on your writing speed. For starters, test yourself under timed conditions using pre-prepared questions/past exam questions/questions given to you by teachers.

In terms of time allocation. I would personally do it as following
40 minutes for short responses
35 minutes for creative
45 minutes for Mod A essay

If you can't hit that, i suggest altering your module A essay to reduce the word count so you can write it in a shorter time. Or create/plan to use a "substitute paragraph" which is shorter than one of your original paragraphs, allowing you to replace an original paragraph with a shorter one in the circumstance that you are running out of time.

rawrliongirl

HSC
ok... i was relatively chilled throughout the day but....NOW THE ANXIETY IS STARTING TO KICK IN WHEN I REALISE HOW MUCH SHIT I HAVEN'T GONE OVER AND DON'T REMEMBER.
IM SO SCREWED

teridax

HSC
N/A
ok... i was relatively chilled throughout the day but....NOW THE ANXIETY IS STARTING TO KICK IN WHEN I REALISE HOW MUCH SHIT I HAVEN'T GONE OVER AND DON'T REMEMBER.
IM SO SCREWED
when are your exams

astroman

HSC
IM SO SCREWED
haha f33ls your not alone, study hard, study smart. RELAX we'll all be fine.

peace.

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
IM SO SCREWED
Take a few deep breaths
Plan out how you are going to improve in the short time you have
Put things into perspective and think of what you do know and how to use that to get marks on questions that you would usually just skip.
Put your plan into action
Anxiety legit helps nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)