• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

2015ers Chit-Chat Thread (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ekman

HSC
ok... i was relatively chilled throughout the day but....NOW THE ANXIETY IS STARTING TO KICK IN WHEN I REALISE HOW MUCH SHIT I HAVEN'T GONE OVER AND DON'T REMEMBER.
IM SO SCREWED
Believe me, I get the same feeling as well. Best way to avoid it is to watch a good movie or anything else that can take your mind off exams, because the worst thing that can happen to you is not falling asleep because you are worried or anxious about exams, which leads you to become tired the next morning and eventually, screwing up your exams because you weren't ready physically. Best thing to do is to relax and chillout...

rawrliongirl

HSC
when are your exams
THEY START TOMORROW LOOOOOOOL

these next 3 days are gonna kill me because

English first up and i dont remember any quotes
bio on tuesday and i still havent finished study notes or done practice questions GAH
modern history on wednesday...OH SHIT

i think i've lost it

i have maffs on friday but its ok, and the week after i have chem but i have like 4 days to prep so all good (I HOPE)

rawrliongirl

HSC
Believe me, I get the same feeling as well. Best way to avoid it is to watch a good movie or anything else that can take your mind off exams, because the worst thing that can happen to you is not falling asleep because you are worried about exams, which leads you to become tired and eventually screw up your exams. Best thing to do is to relax and chillout...
i totally would watch a movie but i have so much stuff i have to do for english tomorrow OOPS D:

astroman

HSC

bio on tuesday and i still havent finished study notes or done practice questions GAH

i think i've lost it

i have maffs on friday but its ok, and the week after i have chem but i have like 4 days to prep so all good (I HOPE)
if you don't remember quotes, make em up and make them sound relevant.

rawrliongirl

HSC
Take a few deep breaths
Plan out how you are going to improve in the short time you have
Put things into perspective and think of what you do know and how to use that to get marks on questions that you would usually just skip.
Put your plan into action
Anxiety legit helps nothing

THANKSS
i shall try to plan something (not that i ever follow my plans)

Ekman

HSC

i think i've lost it

If the only problem for English is remembering quotes, then it shouldn't be a big issue to stress over. Bio on the other hand... if you are able to complete some past papers and practice questions after your English exams (same goes for modern history as well), you should be fine.

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A

i think i've lost it

For english, you have 4 hours. I'd say 1:30 is the latest you should be looking to sleep provided that you know literally no quotes

4 hours is a lot in terms of day before cramming. I memorized my entire Mod C essay in around 5 (word for word)

Spend the next 3-4 hours memorizing quotes/remembering words as triggers so you can remember said quotes in the exam. Go over them again tomorrow morning.

You should be fine, just be efficient and don't lose your head. The second you do is the second that you are actually screwed

rawrliongirl

HSC
If the only problem for English is remembering quotes, then it shouldn't be a big issue to stress over. Bio on the other hand... if you are able to complete some past papers and practice questions after your English exams (same goes for modern history as well), you should be fine.

ya i guess ill just read over some quotes for a few hours later tonight and tomorrow morning.
bio i need to finish going over the syllabus stuff again to ensure i remember it and ill do past papers tomorrow (i have a book with tons of questions)
modern history i will have to go over WWI tomorrow, and Germany on Tues i guess.

the thing is, i ALWAYS plan out what I want to do, but i never get it done oh rgwosdnbdjk D:

rawrliongirl

HSC
For english, you have 4 hours. I'd say 1:30 is the latest you should be looking to sleep provided that you know literally no quotes

4 hours is a lot in terms of day before cramming. I memorized my entire Mod C essay in around 5 (word for word)

Spend the next 3-4 hours memorizing quotes/remembering words as triggers so you can remember said quotes in the exam. Go over them again tomorrow morning.

You should be fine, just be efficient and don't lose your head. The second you do is the second that you are actually screwed

thanksss!
you give me some hope

Ekman

HSC
ya i guess ill just read over some quotes for a few hours later tonight and tomorrow morning.
bio i need to finish going over the syllabus stuff again to ensure i remember it and ill do past papers tomorrow (i have a book with tons of questions)
modern history i will have to go over WWI tomorrow, and Germany on Tues i guess.

the thing is, i ALWAYS plan out what I want to do, but i never get it done oh rgwosdnbdjk D:
Im assuming you have a lot of distractions? Just shut them off and focus completely on your study, believe me it will not only give you a confidence boost but as katsumi said, you can do a lot in 4 hours...

astroman

HSC
Get off BoS and start studying.

Hope and results are two different things. I can only give you one of them
no actually you could get severe plastic surgery, a sex change and makeover and take the test for her

teridax

HSC
N/A
srsly rawliongirl, just cram quotes and make brief thesis statements and do mental planing on how to adapt your knowledge to questions

you'd be surprised at what profound shit you come up with in the exam

astroman

HSC
srsly rawliongirl, just cram quotes and make brief thesis statements and do mental planing on how to adapt your knowledge to questions

you'd be surprised at what profound shit you come up with in the exam
rawliongirl are you worried about ur aos essay or mod a?

rawrliongirl

HSC
rawliongirl are you worried about ur aos essay or mod a?
aos essay, i believe that is all we are doing for the half yearlies. that and short answer questions.

its just life of pi has so much shit to remember and so do my related texts D:

Ekman

HSC
So how is study, or should I say cramming, going guys?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)