2015ers Chit-Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
HSC
yep, personalised timetables come out for us, week 2 on a Wednesday. Should be sent on your student online account. lol, I only activated mine a month ago

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
halp guise

i feel indecisive atm, my school has organised a movie night at school this upcoming term, where our advanced english cohort has to watch the kenneth branagh film adaption in order to broaden our understanding of the play. apparently it's really good, but it goes for 4 hours (wtf). i feel like that if i watch it, it'll eat away my study time for my other subs :( on the other hand, my grasp of the intricacies of the text is somewhat superficial, so this film could help. then again, i probs need to delve into the text myself to extrapolate the key bits that encapsulates the play as a whole

so, it comes down to...

to watch or not to watch?
See what the rest of the cohort is doing

If they all go along then you won't be disadvantaged

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
halp guise

i feel indecisive atm, my school has organised a movie night at school this upcoming term, where our advanced english cohort has to watch the kenneth branagh film adaption in order to broaden our understanding of the play. apparently it's really good, but it goes for 4 hours (wtf). i feel like that if i watch it, it'll eat away my study time for my other subs :( on the other hand, my grasp of the intricacies of the text is somewhat superficial, so this film could help. then again, i probs need to delve into the text myself to extrapolate the key bits that encapsulates the play as a whole

so, it comes down to...

Some might say it's only 4 hours it won't hurt, but I say just don't watch the movie. If you don't understand a part of the play, then look up the movie clip of it and it'll help you understand it. Like what I did for the Great Gatsby, I didn't understand some of the things that were happening in the book so I looked up movie clips or if there wasn't, I'd fast forward through the official movie to the part I don't understand.

HSC
halp guise

so, it comes down to...

Watch it because if you don't, everyone else will have that little bit of extra help. If everyone is, you should too because that means 4 hrs is taken away from them as well.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
halp guise

so, it comes down to...

I'd only watch at the movie at school if it has breaks...otherwise watch parts at home later on.

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
I couldn't sleep for about 40mins yesterday, I was thinking about how the HSC is getting closer and closer and that this part of the year is where things get real as we have our trials. I can't wait until this is all over...

astroman

HSC
I couldn't sleep for about 40mins yesterday, I was thinking about how the HSC is getting closer and closer and that this part of the year is where things get real as we have our trials. I can't wait until this is all over...
do u have trials this term or next term?

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
I heard somewhere that questions for Maths are repeated every 5 years, from what chapters are these questions? Does anyone know?

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
I heard somewhere that questions for Maths are repeated every 5 years, from what chapters are these questions? Does anyone know?
I don't think they mean that the exact same question is repeated, rather the style of the question and methods used to answer it, with minor tweaks to it

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
I don't think they mean that the exact same question is repeated, rather the style of the question and methods used to answer it, with minor tweaks to it
Yeah that's what I meant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)