2015ers Chit-Chat Thread (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanU_Not

HSC
Hi all...
Can you get a 95+ atar without doing any extensions? I dropped Maths extension at the end of prelim and english extension halfway... I had the mark to continue but wanted to focus on my other subjects and also my school has a reputation for making really hard 2 unit exams. I thought I'd focus on those... But i really want an atar of at least 97 but ill be happy with 95... :)
Are you worried because of the scaling? I'm not 100% sure how the ATAR thing works exactly, so someone edit me if I'm wrong lol, but from what I've heard it's generally easier to do well in higher-scaling subjects because stupid mistakes are taken into less account whereas in a low-scaling subject, most individuals will score around the same mark and a stupid mistake will affect you more?

Therese98

HSC
Like heaven and rainbows and all things good rolled in chocolate and happiness

In a subject
I agree wholeheartedly. It is the best subject anyone ever thought up. I am incredibly excited to be doing it all year! Hurray for Extension 2!

rawrliongirl

HSC
Is it possible to get over 85 for my ATAR with general maths? Or will it scale me down really really really badly? I don't exactly need over 85, but it would be nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rawrliongirl

HSC
So my bunny was watching Adventure Time with me...I think she likes it ^.^ :p

duhdevitt

HSC
Is it possible to get over 85 for my ATAR with general maths? Or will it scale me down really really really badly? I don't exactly need over 85, but it would be nice.

any subject combo= any atar
if you put in hard work, so yes, Goos luck :), I know you'll do great

rexona <3

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad

Its possible Drifting95 has done it...

If you do well at it then it wouldn't impact you...

freyamignot

HSC
Definately don't worry too much about doing 2 majors, I have about five people in my year doing 4 major works, and many more doing three. I am doing 2, I think its a good amount personally. Besides, VA is wonderful!

matchalolz

HSC

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad

studded

HSC
We had our senior retreat this week. I was anticipating the worst, but I am so appreciative of the experience. It was honestly such a terrific experience, and it's already one of my favourite moments in -or rather outside of- school.

J280

HSC

You can definitely achieve 85+. But like most people you're gonna have to work hard and do well to get it :)

rawrliongirl

HSC
Wazzup homies, finally got my new timetable last Thursday...hellooo study periods! I've been v productive over these past two weeks, and hoping to keep it that way. I now have a new found appreciation for these: http://www.officeworks.com.au/shop/...inder-display-book-assorted-3-pack-jbbnddbas3 #organisednotes
Haha I got my new timetable on Friday but it's practically the same. It looks so empty though without sport. I've got so many early finishes even with 12 units.
HEHE I've not been productive at all these past two weeks. Wow I really need to change my ways...but we haven't started the year 12 course in most of my subs so I couldn't really make notes or anything anyway [emoji16]

stevos565

HSC
Thanks! It's a double after school so I'm stuck there until 5.30pm :0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)