2015ers Chit-Chat Thread (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rawrliongirl

HSC
You clearly enjoy learning the bolded, so I suggest maybe do like 30 minutes of maths/english/science, and then reward yourself with 30 minutes of MH/multimedia. Repeat that process over like ~3 hours of study each day. That way, you're not bored easily and still spreading time for all your subjects.

And I think, you need to ask yourself: why can't you focus? Is it a lack of motivation? Do you need to change your habits?
Thanks.
I have no idea. lack of motivation is a contributing factor, however I actually can't stay concentrated for very long at all with most things. I seem to get bored of stuff really easily/quickly. Even watching movies or TV my mind ends up wandering and I end up on my phone or doing something else - even if it is a movie that I actually like!

Flop21

HSC
what topics is every1 doing in 2u maff?
Just started year 12 this term - so just finished probability and did prelim revision and now doing Geometrical applications of differentiation.

OL_O

HSC
N/A
Just started year 12 this term - so just finished probability and did prelim revision and now doing Geometrical applications of differentiation.
Hello new here we finished coordinate methods in geo and applications of geometrical properties and have just started series and sequences, relatively easy topics

DLMisme

HSC
Trying to do my English assignment while babysitting my 2 year old sister... It's far more difficult than I first thought.

aanthnnyyy

HSC
We have to register right?!, I forgot !!! Is it too late ?!

HiFiWiFi

HSC
Hey guys, just a quick question. I'm a little unsure about what to do with powers after trig functions.
eg, is sin^2(x) (sin(x))^2

turntaker

HSC
Hey guys, just a quick question. I'm a little unsure about what to do with powers after trig functions.
eg, is sin^2(x) (sin(x))^2
sin^2(x) = [(sin(x)]^2

if that was your question.. if not Idk what you mean. You just leave them as powers you can't really do much. You can replace them with other trig identities if you are solving triq equations or proofs but I can't think of anything else

Axio

=o
HSC
any tips for someone who is very easily distracted when studying/ doing hw?
I literally can't stay focused for more than 5 minutes unless it's modern history or multimedia where i would gladly work for hours.
I don't just get distracted by electronic items, i get distracted by things on my desk, noises, random thoughts, my wall, staring into space, pens, rubbers, anything.
I can't focus.
Sometimes I can't even read a page of writing without nearly falling asleep or finding something else to do.
For this I sometimes find putting my phone and laptop at the other end of the house helps so I'm less likely to 'just quickly check something or take a break'.

If you struggle to focus maybe try doing history or multimedia homework first so you are actually doing work then try moving onto your other subjects.

Fiction

HSC
lol do people bring their parents inside the actual lecture? orrr? and would they have to register or whatever if they do
uh I don't see how people bringing parents is related to me seeing my maths teacher so I have no idea C:
From what I saw though, anyone could go into the actual lecture hall - it wasn't like there were people supervising the doors.

turntaker

HSC
All my sub's aren't rote learning. I wish I had one which involved rote learning

turntaker

HSC
lol, that's a misguided view

sure, subjects like the histories, S & C, business, legal, etc. require rote

but others like economics, whilst being possible to memorise, won't help in the long run - it's better to understand
Hawk. Where are you up to in chem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)