2015ers Chit-Chat Thread (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ekman

HSC
The ext 1 teachers didn't go over and fix up before the actual test? You might still get marks for working out in the 2nd part, just incorrect subbing?
Well the question asked to prove that the area of an inverse function was 4u^2 /3. However everybody proved that it was 4u^3 /3. The second part asked about the related rates of the change in area as u changes, hence using part I. All I did was use the correct identity for area (4u^3 / 3) to answer part ii.

The teachers will most likely award marks to people who used the correct identity and the identity in part I

HSC
Hello best friends
O, hi there!

Well the question asked to prove that the area of an inverse function was 4u^2 /3. However everybody proved that it was 4u^3 /3. The second part asked about the related rates of the change in area as u changes, hence using part I. All I did was use the correct identity for area (4u^3 / 3) to answer part ii.

The teachers will most likely award marks to people who used the correct identity and the identity in part I
ah, that's a fault on them. Pretty unfair because of that

astroman

HSC
guys what are the central concepts of the elective: representing people and politics.

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
guys what are the central concepts of the elective: representing people and politics.
It's basically people and politics ...

Unless you're talking about the concepts that branch off from these such as power, etc. ?

Are you doing Auden?

astroman

HSC
It's basically people and politics ...

Unless you're talking about the concepts that branch off from these such as power, etc. ?

Are you doing Auden?
yes doing Auden, is there a list somewhere of the main things in this module that must be fulfilled? I think this might be it,
• In this elective, students explore and evaluate various representations of people and politics in their prescribed text and other related texts of their own choosing. They consider the ways in which texts represent individual, shared or competing political perspectives, ideas, events or situations. Students analyse representations of people’s political motivations and actions, as well as the impact political acts*may have on individual lives or society more broadly. In their responding and composing, students develop their understanding of how the relationship between various textual forms, media of production and language choices influences and shapes meaning.

teridax

HSC
N/A
yes doing Auden, is there a list somewhere of the main things in this module that must be fulfilled? I think this might be it,
• In this elective, students explore and evaluate various representations of people and politics in their prescribed text and other related texts of their own choosing. They consider the ways in which texts represent individual, shared or competing political perspectives, ideas, events or situations. Students analyse representations of people’s political motivations and actions, as well as the impact political acts*may have on individual lives or society more broadly. In their responding and composing, students develop their understanding of how the relationship between various textual forms, media of production and language choices influences and shapes meaning.
perhaps have a glance at this: http://community.boredofstudies.org/7/english-advanced/321953/crobats-guide-hsc-english-advanced.html#post6598451

although things like a composer's personal agenda is embedded within the module anyhow, so if you wanna find discussion points to your texts, unfortunately you'd have to find them yourself. it's not like discovery or mod A or B where you can be like "omg, here are the themes!" - in mod C you probably have to consider your text and actually think

teridax

HSC
N/A
crobats guide is about the old module c
well no, that is completely wrong...

it's the same premise - how composers utilises certain representations to deliver meaning to the audience

the only difference is the electives, but even then, you can adapt the ideas to people and politics. and it's not even that hard to consider what the central ideas are for the elective; just break down the key words and you will eventually distil what you need to argue. yeah, it looks really simplistic, but you'd be surprised at how philosophical the module is

(inb4hamletisthemostphilosophicaltext)

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
Im actually planning on going tomorrow, is it any good?

inb4bosmeatatcareersexpo
It was alright, but there were not as many freebies as I was hoping for there to be :/

It was really crowded - I went on Thursday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)