2015ers Chit-Chat Thread (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
HSC
Well the way I define is: "According to Le Chatlier's Principle, a chemical system in equilibrium will shift in order to minimise a disturbance of *Insert whatever disturbance had occurred in the question*."

So I guess your definition is good, but I tailor mine such that it answers the question as well
I think I know what you mean...
e.g. concentration of product is increased
according to Le Chatelier's principle a system at equilibrium when disrupted will favour the reaction that minimises the disturbance of added product ??
please help, and thanks!

Fiction

HSC
I think I know what you mean...
e.g. concentration of product is increased

please help, and thanks!
Good enough of a definition :) LCP is just something you can just attach with a generic definition then move onto answering the question/ be more specific. For example; in accordance with Le Chatelier's Principle, if a system is at equilibrium and encounters a disturbance then it will shift in the direction which minimises said disturbance. Therefore if concentration is increased, then the system will wish to decrease the concentration hence shifting to the right/left.

As you can see, all I did was just put in a generic definition then explain the change that will occur. There's not really much else to it.

teridax

HSC
N/A
speaking of chem

i've always wondered

why do ppl say it's mostly rote learning - even tho i don't do the sub

like, what can be understood in chem lol

InteGrand

HSC
N/A
speaking of chem

i've always wondered

Not much, which is why it's rote learning.

Drsoccerball

HSC
speaking of chem

i've always wondered

You have to sort of understand some concepts and rote learn the rest...

Mr_Kap

HSC
agreed

off the top of my head, you need to understand galvanic cells, properties of LDPE and HDPE, nature of acids and bases, equilibrium, titrations, melting and boiling points for alkanol and alkanoic acids, properties of ozone and oxygen and conditions in the haber process

and the rest of chem just requires rote lol
Properties of LDPE and HDPE can be memorised.
conditions in the haber process can be memorised.
properties of ozone and oxygen, again, can be memorised.
melting and boiling points for alkanol and alkanoic acids can be memorised.

The only understanding is like Le Chatelier and equillibriums, Titrations, Galvanic Cells, knowing which monomers make up a given diagram of a polymer, and the random calculations, and nature of acids and bases.

Thjv

HSC
speaking of chem

i've always wondered

not to generalise every subject, but arguably, most subjects are mostly rote learning

even HSC maths involves rote learning in the form of grinding past papers

Flop21

HSC
not to generalise every subject, but arguably, most subjects are mostly rote learning

You gotta rote learn the formulas.

Ekman

HSC

You gotta rote learn the formulas.
Nah HSC Maths is more than just roting formulas, you rote the methods of solving questions. There is hardly any diversity in questions in 2u maths, because the examiners cant make it too hard, hence the reason why I believe that 2u maths is probably the only maths I know that requires rote learning methods of solving questions. That's why I believe that when people refer to maths as a skills subject, I believe they are referring to 3u or 4u maths because it requires thinking rather than rote learning methods in order to solve generic questions.

teridax

HSC
N/A
Nah HSC Maths is more than just roting formulas, you rote the methods of solving questions. There is hardly any diversity in questions in 2u maths, because the examiners cant make it too hard, hence the reason why I believe that 2u maths is probably the only maths I know that requires rote learning methods of solving questions. That's why I believe that when people refer to maths as a skills subject, I believe they are referring to 3u or 4u maths because it requires thinking rather than rote learning methods in order to solve generic questions.
So would it then be prudent to rote learn the solutions of common questions for 2u maths?

Ekman

HSC
So would it then be prudent to rote learn the solutions of common questions for 2u maths?
Most definitely. I remember memorising the solutions to those finance questions that require series and repayments. I also memorised when there was 2 rates going on at the same time. Reason why I memorised for 2u was because I noticed a remarkable similarity of questions between trial papers. The only types of questions I remember where the financial questions, they would always ask the same repayment scheme a certain person has in order to repay debts, they would only change the rate and the duration of when the loan was to be repaid. However once I got into 4u maths, I noticed that each question was different, hence this memorising skill would not work as each question required thinking.

Flop21

HSC
Most definitely. I remember memorising the solutions to those finance questions that require series and repayments. I also memorised when there was 2 rates going on at the same time. Reason why I memorised for 2u was because I noticed a remarkable similarity of questions between trial papers. The only types of questions I remember where the financial questions, they would always ask the same repayment scheme a certain person has in order to repay debts, they would only change the rate and the duration of when the loan was to be repaid. However once I got into 4u maths, I noticed that each question was different, hence this memorising skill would not work as each question required thinking.
I HATE those finance questions. I actually don't know how to do them yet... been putting it off. Maybe I'll try figuring it out today. I don't know why I hate them so much, it's just like my brain shuts down when it hears them.

Sien

将来: NEET
HSC
I HATE those finance questions. I actually don't know how to do them yet... been putting it off. Maybe I'll try figuring it out today. I don't know why I hate them so much, it's just like my brain shuts down when it hears them.
are you ok with sequence and series? It's just that

Flop21

HSC
''Pride comes before the fall" ~ Powderfinger, Up and Down and Back Again
Omg. I actually did come first, hahaha. My teacher gave me the wrong mark. So I actually got 94/100.

Drsoccerball

HSC
Questions for that topic are so repitive such that theres only 3-4 types of that question

Chris_S

HSC
Can't wait to go to USYD and UTS Open Day to fill up my pencil case with more pens!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)