2015ers Chit-Chat Thread (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sien

将来: NEET
HSC
is it too late to drop a subject rn? If we realise halfway through the holidays that we want to drop something do we have to end up doing it anyways just coz no more school?
Assuming you finished your trials, you literally have 3hrs left that subject. At least try to sit for the exam, or you just wasted 2 yrs man

matchalolz

HSC
assuming that you have completed your trials and received your results, it's probably redundant to drop a subject at this rate. you have less than two months till paper 1 begins so you may as well keep it. what were you thinking of dropping though?
maths extension 1 because I still need to learn one topic from scratch and fix up another one I'm failing miserably in. It may count (since one of my exams is 100% worth external) but really, is all the stress worth it? I'd prioritise mental health over marks any day
idk, now that I look at the raw marks database and consider how little study I did yet the mark I achieved I'm not as strongly inclined to drop.
It's just that all my other subjects are in the b6 range so I was really questioning the need to do one extra unit

Assuming you finished your trials, you literally have 3hrs left that subject. At least try to sit for the exam, or you just wasted 2 yrs man
*wastes 3 hours of exam time*
*wastes all the time preparing for it*

I guess you're right, but either way for me it won't feel like a waste coz if i drop, 3u massively helped me with 2u

Ekman

HSC
Am I the only one that is getting more nervous everyday before the hsc?

matchalolz

HSC
Lol look at you with your rational thinking and coolheadedness, who do you think you are?!?!? You should be stressed out of your brain!!!! /s
Of course I'm stressed. Any sane student would be stressed. Why do you think I would be so worried about dropping a subject/whether it will impact my performance in other subjects? I care a lot about getting good marks but if I end up screwing myself over mentally/emotionally my marks (which I'm mostly happy about rn) would just plummet.

To be honest, I'd rather spend my time studying than arguing with illogical people who like to pick fights. Although, it's extremely difficult to read people over the internet and I have no idea what your intention is

HecticSandWitch

2007 fuccboi hustler king
HSC
Of course I'm stressed. Any sane student would be stressed. Why do you think I would be so worried about dropping a subject/whether it will impact my performance in other subjects? I care a lot about getting good marks but if I end up screwing myself over mentally/emotionally my marks (which I'm mostly happy about rn) would just plummet.

To be honest, I'd rather spend my time studying than arguing with illogical people who like to pick fights. Although, it's extremely difficult to read people over the internet and I have no idea what your intention is
Oh my goodness I'm so sorry I was being sarcastic, hence the '/s', and was mocking the attitude that a lot of students seem to have that study is the be all and end all, only for them to crash and burn before the HSC starts and end up getting mediocre marks anyway. I was commending you on how rational you were by putting your mental health first over something as, what is in the grand scheme of things, irrelevant as the HSC!

HecticSandWitch

2007 fuccboi hustler king
HSC
Cheers Bro. Not 100% sure if I'm going to take the offer tho because hoping for an atar in the 98+ range, and I should get sports bonus points and shiz, would be able to make one of the sydney unis which are so much easier to get to. That being said it's good to have options!

rawrliongirl

HSC
Am I the only one that is getting more nervous everyday before the hsc?
Is it weird that I'm not? I'm usually the biggest stress head, and not just about school things, but about pretty much everything in life.
I thought I'd be dying right now, but to me it doesn't even feel like the HSC is a month away.
I think I used up all my stress in year 9 to about halfway through this year... :/

Edit: Accurate pictorial representation of me right now...
View attachment 32390

Ekman

HSC
Is it weird that I'm not? I'm usually the biggest stress head, and not just about school things, but about pretty much everything in life.
I thought I'd be dying right now, but to me it doesn't even feel like the HSC is a month away.
I think I used up all my stress in year 9 to about halfway through this year... :/

Edit: Accurate pictorial representation of me right now...
View attachment 32390
Actually that was me last week, till I saw the calendar :newburn:

matchalolz

HSC
Oh my goodness I'm so sorry I was being sarcastic, hence the '/s', and was mocking the attitude that a lot of students seem to have that study is the be all and end all, only for them to crash and burn before the HSC starts and end up getting mediocre marks anyway. I was commending you on how rational you were by putting your mental health first over something as, what is in the grand scheme of things, irrelevant as the HSC!
Haha no worries, I didn't realise the '/s' too! I definitely agree with you on that one and I've been working a lot on my thinking and putting things in perspective. Congrats on your offer below :)

rawrliongirl

HSC
Actually that was me last week, till I saw the calendar :newburn:
ahaha. idk man, I feel like there's something wrong with me coz I should be bloody stressed. Like, I'm not even prepared. I still haven't finished all my notes or anything... D:

Sien

将来: NEET
HSC
Cheers Bro. Not 100% sure if I'm going to take the offer tho because hoping for an atar in the 98+ range, and I should get sports bonus points and shiz, would be able to make one of the sydney unis which are so much easier to get to. That being said it's good to have options!
I thought bonus points don't apply for law and Med

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Ekman

HSC
ahaha. idk man, I feel like there's something wrong with me coz I should be bloody stressed. Like, I'm not even prepared. I still haven't finished all my notes or anything... D:
Well all you can do is keeping one foot in front of the other and continue with work.

Chris_S

HSC
Has anyone done the 2015 NEAP Chemistry trial? Thoughts? As I am doing it now and having mixed feelings about it :|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)