2015ers Chit-Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ekman

HSC
Hey guys, how's the bos bonfire planning going?

Flop21

HSC
Hey guys, how's the bos bonfire planning going?
It's illegal it's not going to happen unless it happens illegally, and I doubt they'd wanna plan something illegal haha. Unless it's like at a campsite or something...

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
You guys could organise a "camping" session where you happen to have a bonfire and everyone happens to have all their notes....

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
It's illegal it's not going to happen unless it happens illegally, and I doubt they'd wanna plan something illegal haha. Unless it's like at a campsite or something...
If it's illegal it's a no go unless someone wants to host it on their property.

I can put together a Post HSC meet quite easily though. We usually have one around December but there's no limit to how many there can be.

Ununoctium

Che barba
HSC
Nice work Hectic. Which points did you get? DoE? What's your predicted atar? Would you stay at a college?

I've done all my college interviews at usyd, unsw and monash - I have two offers so far. so that's nice... :p

What are you guys all doing thus far post HSC...

Flop21

HSC
Ay boiz got my three elite athlete bonus points for UNSW now all I need is dat 96.7 atar and HecticSandwitch is doing law at New South.
Congratulations Hectic :D Weren't you aiming to do something overseas if I recall correctly??

(betting you'll get that ATAR for sure).

Flop21

HSC
Nice work Hectic. Which points did you get? DoE? What's your predicted atar? Would you stay at a college?

I've done all my college interviews at usyd, unsw and monash - I have two offers so far. so that's nice... :p

When do you have to pay for the colleges?

Village has just demanded the deposit, cleaning fees, and the right to deduct rent payments from my bank account lol. Also rent starts from the 15th of Jan, is this similar to the colleges? I don't understand why they want me there nearly 2 months before uni starts (other than to get more rent money off me).

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad

Village has just demanded the deposit, cleaning fees, and the right to deduct rent payments from my bank account lol. Also rent starts from the 15th of Jan, is this similar to the colleges? I don't understand why they want me there nearly 2 months before uni starts (other than to get more rent money off me).
I'm pretty sure that isn't the same for the colleges, it may actually be cheaper rent wise for you to go to college, and then stay home during the holidays or something?

Flop21

HSC
I'm pretty sure that isn't the same for the colleges, it may actually be cheaper rent wise for you to go to college, and then stay home during the holidays or something?
Hmmm yeah that's what I was thinking, they advertise themselves as cheaper but then get you to pay more. It's 48 weeks. I'll go do some research.

FlyingKanga

The optimistic pessimist.
HSC
What do you guys think of software engineering at MQ? Obviously UNSW would be better but if you don't get the required ATAR, would it be a good option to choose Macquarie second?

Flop21

HSC
What do you guys think of software engineering at MQ? Obviously UNSW would be better but if you don't get the required ATAR, would it be a good option to choose Macquarie second?
Wondering this too, but wondering out of all the unis what's second best (for computer science/software engineering). Particularly UOW vs USYD computer science. I've heard USYD isn't near as good as UNSW. But obviously USYD is a top uni.

HecticSandWitch

2007 fuccboi hustler king
HSC

I got the points for representing my state at national level for the sport section of the EAP form. Predicted ATAR by skool is mid 98's to low 99's but I personally think I'll get something closer to a 97, but should (fingers crossed) get 96.7! And haven't really thought about moving to a college or anything, I guess I'll just go through first year living with my rents and see how it all goes.

And congrats on your college offers!!!

What sport do you play?
I play athletics ahahahah.

Congratulations Hectic :D Weren't you aiming to do something overseas if I recall correctly??

(betting you'll get that ATAR for sure).
Yeah my aim is PPE@Oxford but that's a bit of a pipe dream if I'm honest because even if by some miracle I make it in I don't have 200k over three years to spend on fees and accomodation lel. And god I really hope so! It's all done now and I'm happy with how much work I put in throughout the year, so touch wood it pays off :)

Ununoctium

Che barba
HSC

So for UNSW, we have to submit a "fee in advance" of $1000 to secure the room. We have to move in (and begin paying weekly fees) on the 20th of February. We vacate on the 26th of November. It's a 40 week contract at $525.50 a week, so quite expensive, but apparently really worth it. And there are scholarships and opportunities for work within the college.

UNSW Village sounds a lot like UniLodge to me. I think you pay about $4000 less than the colleges all up. But college fees include food, utilities etc. So idk :\.

Macquarie Uni is a really good place. Do consider it if you can't get in to earlier preferences.

I got the points for representing my state at national level for the sport section of the EAP form. Predicted ATAR by skool is mid 98's to low 99's but I personally think I'll get something closer to a 97, but should (fingers crossed) get 96.7! And haven't really thought about moving to a college or anything, I guess I'll just go through first year living with my rents and see how it all goes.
Maybe we'll be a part of the same cohort :D!? Which degree are you hoping to pair with laws?

leehuan

HSC
And then you got me. Just catch a train and a bus twice every day.

Ununoctium

Che barba
HSC
I don't live in Sydney, so I don't really have much of a choice but to seek accommodation.

leehuan

HSC
I suppose that reason is valid. But even then I have some friends going to UoW and catching a 1hr train ride every day instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)