• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

2016ers Chit-Chat Thread (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
Nah, ahaha I'm not interested in the medical field at all. It's just my mum is convinced that if I don't become an engineer, doctor or dentist I will end up homeless leleel
tfw when wanting to become a lawyer is no longer good enough
It's always the mum that is the pessimist...

Law is really interesting tbh, I think its a great career choice.

Yup, for the "lols" as well!
Hahaha, half the people that do the UMAT probably do it for the "lols".

Paradoxica

-insert title here-
HSC
What do you actually want to be?(dont say not a brickie lelel)

my dad doesnt care though, he just says do whatever you want to do, just make sure that you excel at whatever it is.

my mum though..lol
i wanted to do computer science at one point (still might actually, combined with law. have to go learn to be good at 3u/ 4u? maths though)
so she did some 'research' and was like nah theres no jobs in computer science, only in software engineering. so just become an engineer
your mum doesn't understand the growing importance of the technological world. Go do CS if you want to. The world needs more people in technological development.

Well, the world also needs more ethicists and philosophers, but that's what I'm here for.

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
your mum doesn't understand the growing importance of the technological world. Go do CS if you want to. The world needs more people in technological development.

Well, the world also needs more ethicists and philosophers, but that's what I'm here for.
Ahaha, tbh I'm not even really interested in it for technological development. I have no desire to create anything, or really add anything to the world. I love programming purely because it amuses me and I find it stimulating, and I feel similarly about law.

Paradoxica

-insert title here-
HSC
Ahaha, tbh I'm not even really interested in it for technological development. I have no desire to create anything, or really add anything to the world. I love programming purely because it amuses me and I find it stimulating, and I feel similarly about law.
The same can be said for me and mathematics. I find it amusing, relaxing, enjoyable, frustrating, easy and hard, so I'm going to take use of that and make it my means of survival.

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
The same can be said for me and mathematics. I find it amusing, relaxing, enjoyable, frustrating, easy and hard, so I'm going to take use of that and make it my means of survival.
Well, I'm not so deeply passionate about any field to want to do it for my entire life. Rather, my underlying motivation for everything comes from my competitiveness. Really my goal in life is to play in the big kids pool ahaha

Paradoxica

-insert title here-
HSC
Well, I'm not so deeply passionate about any field to want to do it for my entire life. Rather, my underlying motivation for everything comes from my competitiveness. Really my goal in life is to play in the big kids pool ahaha
don't let that be your only motivation. otherwise, you'll eventually reach a point where you can compete no more and have some kind of identity crisis. first hand experience. (also which is why I'm not competitive and don't care particularly well for my HSC)

turntaker

HSC
What do you actually want to be?(dont say not a brickie lelel)

my dad doesnt care though, he just says do whatever you want to do, just make sure that you excel at whatever it is.

my mum though..lol
i wanted to do computer science at one point (still might actually, combined with law. have to go learn to be good at 3u/ 4u? maths though)
so she did some 'research' and was like nah theres no jobs in computer science, only in software engineering. so just become an engineer
The last sentence...

Comp sci/software engo are literally the same in the industry.

Just because one has engineering in the name doesn't make it any better than comp sci.

Parent logic/10

Last edited:

Kolmias

HSC
Social Justice & Spirituality portfolio meeting today. Dumbass religious zealot Year 11 suggested that all non-Catholics should be expelled. College captain said that was illegal

Last edited:

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
don't let that be your only motivation. otherwise, you'll eventually reach a point where you can compete no more and have some kind of identity crisis. first hand experience. (also which is why I'm not competitive and don't care particularly well for my HSC)
eh well, its worked for me so far lol
plus i tend to keep things in perspective anyways
no point be a successful skeleton lol

mrstripedshades

HSC
im the same tbh really not motivated for any particular field atm and my marks definitely suffer, if Im motivated I would actually work hard and study but really have not been caring tht hard. (though honestly I still am thinking at this point people overblow the HSC and you dont have to try THAT hard) I have some ideas though and will probably try to get money to make them reality

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
im the same tbh really not motivated for any particular field atm and my marks definitely suffer, if Im motivated I would actually work hard and study but really have not been caring tht hard. (though honestly I still am thinking at this point people overblow the HSC and you dont have to try THAT hard) I have some ideas though and will probably try to get money to make them reality
see for me I've never really had an issue with this, like when I decide I want to do something, in a way it's like I'm competing against my self - what I think I'm capable of versus what I am actually capable of.

Paradoxica

-insert title here-
HSC
That being said, imo knowledge in and of itself in a vacuum is useless
It is only be applying the knowledge that it is actually worth having
You'd better keep that opinion to yourself. >:

I'm going to watch your posts carefully from now on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)