• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

2016ers Chit-Chat Thread (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paradoxica

-insert title here-
HSC
Not too bad man.

Nah I'm not on the server no more, Sy decided to close it as no one was really on it anymore (this was like a year ago man). Last time I spoke to him about it he said that there should be a backup and that we may get it back up and running again in the future. I'm sure your horses will still be there.
Is this minecraft or?...

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
Invite me along if you decide to restore the server... I'm an occasional player...
Definitely, I'm keen on getting back into it, maybe not at the moment since its an important year.

It's always good to play on a server with others so we'll see if we can restore the server down the track, it will be enjoyable!

turntaker

HSC
Definitely, I'm keen on getting back into it, maybe not at the moment since its an important year.

It's always good to play on a server with others so we'll see if we can restore the server down the track, it will be enjoyable!
After hsc when its uni holidays too. :D
We can have a massive server.

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
you're just moving goalposts here. I do not intend to do anything useful. If I discover "useful" results, it will have been my need for the knowledge, the insatiable thirst to know more about the nature of mathematics, that could ever lead to something useful.

it's how the 18th century mathematicians worked, it's how I will work.

also, stop shifting flagpoles, you're not winning any of these discussions by doing so.
It's not really about winning or losing lol
that being said, by definition if you say that you have no intention of your knowledge being useful, does that not imply that the knowledge itself is useless (excepting happenstance where you discover something accidentally/unknowingly?

btw i dont, nor want you to bear any enmity lol. i apologise if i offended you, i'm merely interested in your world view. you are a curiosity tbh

Paradoxica

-insert title here-
HSC
It's not really about winning or losing lol
that being said, by definition if you say that you have no intention of your knowledge being useful, does that not imply that the knowledge itself is useless (excepting happenstance where you discover something accidentally/unknowingly?

btw i dont, nor want you to bear any enmity lol. i apologise if i offended you, i'm merely interested in your world view. you are a curiosity tbh
You can be curious, as long as you aren't condescending, patronising, or imposing.

Although to be fair, I do struggle with that as well (A LOT)

Anyway, we each have our individual experiences and opinions on the world, and I can respect that, for the most part.

I cannot respect it when it is clearly incorrect, or you try to impose that belief on everyone you possibly can. Or both.

-further comment has been terminated by the philosophical policing body-

mcchicken

madman in a box
HSC
Yeah where have you been anyway?

I'm on the piano rn lol
just been working heaps and trying to remain in contact with mates and then most weekends I'm with bae and idk just not home a lot to stalk bos erryday (but I miss it haha)

I meant the past 6 weeks as a whole not rn :p but cool, I wish I could play

When does uni start for you?

leehuan

HSC
Oh gd work.. no not going there

Well it holds for the past 6 weeks as well :p piano! But I'm intending to do 6th grade now.

29 Feb. Heard it starts on 22 Feb for you guys?

mcchicken

madman in a box
HSC
Oh gd work.. no not going there

Well it holds for the past 6 weeks as well :p piano! But I'm intending to do 6th grade now.

29 Feb. Heard it starts on 22 Feb for you guys?
Oh mad

Yeah my first day is Monday :) I'm pretty chuffed, got all 4 units onto two days with breaks to eat/chill/study during the day as well.

3 of my units look pretty interesting as well so I'm v excited! Mr Mcchicken is so sick to death of me talking about uni lol all he says is "stfu I can't wait until you hate it" lol

leehuan

HSC
Oh mad

Yeah my first day is Monday :) I'm pretty chuffed, got all 4 units onto two days with breaks to eat/chill/study during the day as well.

3 of my units look pretty interesting as well so I'm v excited! Mr Mcchicken is so sick to death of me talking about uni lol all he says is "stfu I can't wait until you hate it" lol
My timetable is probably hiding somewhere in the UNSW timetables thread.

LOL soon we will all hate it but it's called not hating it for as long as possible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)