• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

2016ers Chit-Chat Thread (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
I just completed your interesting survey because you speak the truth and I'm bored.

What is the purpose of that survey?

To see if there is a correlation between unnecessary complicating mathematical procedures with an increase in mathematics studied.

squar00t

HSC
N/A
This squar00t guy talks like a walking essay haha

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
What do you mean???
I feel hurt
Sorry, I'm experimenting with wielding negative energy and it is incredibly draining as most observed.

Forgive me MilkyCat_ (and leehuan) for have I sinned,

On Sunday, 20th of March 2016, around 20:17, I let my mind wander away from the important short-term memories while I made that confident post "Hi, how are you? Are you as mindless as the other fools I've talked to?"

Have mercy on me.

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
What do you mean???

Sorry, I'm experimenting with wielding negative energy and it is incredibly draining as most observed.

On Sunday, 20th of March 2016, around 20:17, I let my mind wander away from the important short-term memories while I made that confident post "Hi, how are you? Are you as mindless as the other fools I've talked to?"

Have mercy on me.
All is forgiven child.

ml125

HSC
All girls schools I picture just to be like full of lesbians and I want to go there.
Try my school hahaha you probably won't find anything. Do a bit of digging and you might tho. A few girls I know are bi but that's pretty much it lol.

...probably because I go to a catholic school .-.

Ellztrap

HSC
Uni Grad
Try my school hahaha you probably won't find anything. Do a bit of digging and you might tho. A few girls I know are bi but that's pretty much it lol.

...probably because I go to a catholic school .-.
If you try hard enough there's always one.
Maybe they just don't know it yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MilkyCat_

HSC
What do you mean???

Have mercy on me.
you are forgiven young root

squar00t

HSC
N/A
To see if there is a correlation between unnecessary complicating mathematical procedures with an increase in mathematics studied.
It depends on what they study and their aptitude on mental arithmetic. There is a common misconception that if you undertake math in tertiary education then you are proficient in mental arithmetic. I know people who are horrible in doing basic arithmetic but can delve into extremely abstract concepts and un-pack them successfully.

I suggest adding an option to choose what kind of math they learnt or what area is most focused on.

leehuan

HSC
On the note of BLIT's survey

I'm not sure if it applies to everyone but for me, I also have some mental arithmetic tricks

19*40=20*40-19
Fibonacci numbers I can recite off by heart up to 0 1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89
25 times tables are quite easy up to 25*40
Can square root any integer perfect square up to 301^2

leehuan

HSC
I think r00t is leehuans alt
And you wonder why sometimes I don't reply to you. Hate to sound rude but too often you're being a nuisance despite at times you have a point (e.g. arrogance leaking out of me).

squar00t

HSC
N/A
On the note of BLIT's survey

I'm not sure if it applies to everyone but for me, I also have some mental arithmetic tricks

1) 19*40=20*40-19
2) Fibonacci numbers I can recite off by heart up to 0 1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89
3) 25 times tables are quite easy up to 25*40
4) Can square root any integer perfect square up to 301^2
I see no application of 2)

Does 3) involve the ideas of calculating percentages?

What is the approx. time taken to compute any square in 4)?

leehuan

HSC
2 is a dud.

It depends, if it's a 3 digit number only about 5 seconds, 4 digit maybe 10, 6 digit probably 35

I do take about a minute on a five digit one though, especially if the square ends in the number six.

Adding large numbers is like Fn, not really significant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)