• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

2016ers Chit-Chat Thread (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrstripedshades

HSC
Lol my maths was damn average as always :/ honestly find the HSC prac papers easier when i was doing them. There was so much shapes and shit, my worst enemy in maths by far fml I swear my teachers love geo

Still think I did okay though and that with some silly errors, it was generally a normal test, I was kinda shocked that people thought it was that hard. The multiple choice was so damn easy too.

Also if theres any chem fam online that can quickly tell me if my answer for this would be okay.

Justify anhydrous sodium carbonate as a primary standard :

Anhydrous sodium carbonate is a weak base that is soluble, equipping it to be a good primary standard. It also has a relatively high molar mass, minimising any errors in calculation or weighing. It does not change on exposure to the atmosphere as it is anhydrous and not deliquescent, hence it does not contain any extra water or absorb any water from the air. This stability also assists in it being weighed accurately, hence being a good primary standard to test. It's also available very pure. All this together justifies its use as a primary standard.

Sien

将来: NEET
HSC
Everyone is freaking out with their exams, I drama and chill in bed
Descendants of the sun is quality drama
Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Sien

将来: NEET
HSC
How so?

Was there content you hadn't coverd yet?

I think Bestintheworld found their bio test super easy, mine was hard.
I found my bio test meh but i had lots of silly mistakes. Final mark was alright
Then the cohort avg is just dropkickery
Lol don't want to get dragged down

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
I found my bio test meh but i had lots of silly mistakes. Final mark was alright
Then the cohort avg is just dropkickery
Lol don't want to get dragged down

As long as you're in the higher range it doesn't matter so much

jenandeeb

HSC
How so?

Yeah there was heaps of content which we didn't cover, and so many useless questions which didn't even follow the dot points...it was a really weird paper, it felt like my teacher just got random questions from random past papers and put them all together. Multiple choice was really good though, don't think I got lower than 18/20

Shuuya

HSC
Lol my maths was damn average as always :/ honestly find the HSC prac papers easier when i was doing them. There was so much shapes and shit, my worst enemy in maths by far fml I swear my teachers love geo

Still think I did okay though and that with some silly errors, it was generally a normal test, I was kinda shocked that people thought it was that hard. The multiple choice was so damn easy too.

Also if theres any chem fam online that can quickly tell me if my answer for this would be okay.

Anhydrous sodium carbonate is a weak base that is soluble, equipping it to be a good primary standard. It also has a relatively high molar mass, minimising any errors in calculation or weighing. It does not change on exposure to the atmosphere as it is anhydrous and not deliquescent, hence it does not contain any extra water or absorb any water from the air. This stability also assists in it being weighed accurately, hence being a good primary standard to test. It's also available very pure. All this together justifies its use as a primary standard.
Your answer looks great! :D Maybe just add the fact that it is found in solid form (but that's already inferred from your answer)

StudiousStudent

HSC
Our school has a policy that all students should receive their results no later than two weeks from the date of the test/submission.

I sent an email to two teachers asking whether that had been changed to three weeks, seeing as it's been 2.5 weeks. And if not, what's the hold up? (Obviously I worded it more politely).

One replied saying results haven't been sent out yet because some students didn't sit the test on the day, and they've yet to sit it - and teachers are required to send results out all at once.

So I'm gonna put a firecracker up those two kids bosoms tomorrow. How inconsiderate are they?! They've been at school since so why haven't they sat it. Our school is too generous.

The second teacher said pretty much the same, but added 'don't worry :)'
Now, should I read into that and celebrate? Lol

Bestintheworld

HSC
How so?

My exam was so easy that if I get anything below 95%, I will be the most disappointed person in the planet :p well maybe not that much ahaha

So far I know I have lost 2 marks and thats from multiple choice

Last edited:

StudiousStudent

HSC
My exam was so easy that if I get anything below 95%, I will be the most disappointed person in the planet :p well maybe not that much ahaha

So far I know I have lost 2 marks and thats from multiple choice
I'd be surprised if you didn't get above 95% after finding it to be that easy :]

mrstripedshades

HSC
Your answer looks great! :D Maybe just add the fact that it is found in solid form (but that's already inferred from your answer)
thanks. This should be damn easy lol

also can you get marks deducted for small improvisations (ones that can look impromptu) from the transcript of your speech. I've rarely stuck entirely to it often improvising on the day, cutting out some lines, adding in a witty line or small part of the introduction such as a " good morning " or something at the end. I usually didn't include them in my transcripts tbh...

Last edited:

leehuan

HSC
Far out - how does one enjoy mathematics?

I've spent literally 6 hours looking at numbers and omg, Its changed my personality.

Between that and waiting for my slack teachers to email me my half yearly results (come on - the first one was almost 3 weeks ago..), I feel like smashing something.

I'm going to bed until it's dinner time. I might cry myself to sleep.
Maths was so much fun during the HSC though

leehuan

HSC

Weak base - Not important
Soluble - Yes correct but not the main thing examiners will look for
Molar mass - I don't fully remember but I think that's really good how you mentioned that
No impact of water - Excellent, this is the big one
Stability and accuracy in measurements - Excellent
Pure - Excellent

Bestintheworld

HSC
I am stress free now!! Finally the end of the term. Unfortunately I cannot take any breaks :( still gotta lift my maths game up and do some UMAT and stay ahead in the sciences. Oh god.

leehuan

HSC
I have now broken both my glasses... Gonna being going to school with Duct-Tape around my glasses, so shifty. Or I could go blind and be like: "I no do any work I no see"
I don't remember the full story.

But I wasn't even angry. I literally just wanted to take my glasses off and clean them. And when the glasses came off my face suddenly there was a huge crack through the middle part which lies on my nose. I was like wtf.

And then someone took an ugly photo of me without glasses. I was like ...ew when he posted that on my Facebook for my birthday.

And cause I had no sticky tape available, I basically had no glasses for the day. Thankfully I didn't trip over anything. But when I finally got both blu-tac AND sticky tape as seperate alternatives, neither of them worked.

One day without glasses is -_-

UnbiasedProductivity

The lurker.
HSC
I don't remember the full story.

But I wasn't even angry. I literally just wanted to take my glasses off and clean them. And when the glasses came off my face suddenly there was a huge crack through the middle part which lies on my nose. I was like wtf.

And then someone took an ugly photo of me without glasses. I was like ...ew when he posted that on my Facebook for my birthday.

And cause I had no sticky tape available, I basically had no glasses for the day. Thankfully I didn't trip over anything. But when I finally got both blu-tac AND sticky tape as seperate alternatives, neither of them worked.

One day without glasses is -_-
I broke mine due to a frisbee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)