• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

2016ers Chit-Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paradoxica

-insert title here-
HSC
To all those people talking about parents, talking back, etc...

Asian parenting culture is mostly about acting like your kid understands nothing about the world and excluding them from your own personal life, and if you attempt to step into their world, Dunning-Kruger kicks in. Your parents assume that the only way to understand the world is through experience, but we are all born with the capacity to empathise and relate from any perspective, and that is exactly what they want to stamp out of you because that is perceived as weakness, even though that is (literally) the only reason that human society even sticks together through this wonderful and miserable journey we call life.

This cultural bubble is going to burst sooner or later, akin to an economic bubble. Tragedy of the commons, really.

*beep boop bleep*

EXISTENTIAL MODE ACTIVATED

leehuan

HSC

Asian parenting culture is mostly about acting like your kid understands nothing about the world and excluding them from your own personal life, and if you attempt to step into their world, Dunning-Kruger kicks in. Your parents assume that the only way to understand the world is through experience, but we are all born with the capacity to empathise and relate from any perspective, and that is exactly what they want to stamp out of you because that is perceived as weakness, even though that is (literally) the only reason that human society even sticks together through this wonderful and miserable journey we call life.

This cultural bubble is going to burst sooner or later, akin to an economic bubble. Tragedy of the commons, really.

*beep boop bleep*

Or you can have an angelic mum like mine.

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
Considering gate crashing the neighbours party coz i feel like gabbering.
Thought?

Shuuya

HSC
Considering gate crashing the neighbours party coz i feel like gabbering.
Thought?
Why not :lol: I did an entire assignment back in yr 10 about what to do about gatecrashers, so I hope your neighbours aren't so well informed

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
I dont even think it will be gatecrashing as we know each other and i dont think they'll mind.
Tempting....but i have tutor tomorrow :(

Sien

将来: NEET
HSC

*beep boop bleep*

Can someone tldr i don't understand my English is terrible tonight

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

AppleTea

HSC
Can someone tldr i don't understand my English is terrible tonight

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
tldr asian parents are shit cunts oiii
but tbh it sounds like ppl were just saying their parents didnt like them swearing in their house and thats fair if i have kids those cunts arent allowed to swear

Shuuya

HSC
Tfw you've had 6 weeks to read an English text but you've left it to the last week and now there's two days left to read it :lol:

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
I remember the first time I said "get fucked" to my dad in year 6 when we were arguing lol he got angry but after that he didn't care
We had family over and me and my brother were playing soccer in the backyard. I was like 10 and he was 6 and my uncle started helping my brother.
Out of frustration i said "you're a fucking cheat". Everyone went silent.
My dad took me to my room, belted the shit out of me, grounded me for a week, made me read a book for the rest of the day in my room and i wasnt allowed to go soccer for the season.
Never swore again
Tfw you've had 6 weeks to read an English text but you've left it to the last week and now there's two days left to read it :lol:
LOL, feels i was meant to read King richard, but left it.
Was meant to do it today but i did maffs instead XDD

Green Yoda

Hi Φ
HSC
We had family over and me and my brother were playing soccer in the backyard. I was like 10 and he was 6 and my uncle started helping my brother.
Out of frustration i said "you're a fucking cheat". Everyone went silent.
My dad took me to my room, belted the shit out of me, grounded me for a week, made me read a book for the rest of the day in my room and i wasnt allowed to go soccer for the season.
Never swore again
LMAO curry parents for dayzz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)