2016ers Chit-Chat Thread (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
Sien + wll, hows the studying?
Oh! I didn't see this until today </3 Thanks for caring!

Umh, from today, I have 11 days to study. And I really only need to brush up my Human Resources + cram a lot of practice essays. Otherwise, everything is all good on my end :) Most of the content became second nature to me. Just a little nervous @____@;!

I believe Sien has her 2U exam this Wednesday?

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
you wont realise it until next year when you have half yearlies coming up.
Luckily for me this time last year ...I only had a math test and an english test, and the rest were assignments for my other subjects.

My only advice is to study really hard now. From now, literally read ahead in physics (using the student's guide to hsc physics) and memorise the dot points that need memorising, and try to understand the other stuff. It is essential you try to UNDERSTAND motors and generators (whenever you do that) as much as possible. Start to get a feel for calculation questions from now, by doing past trial questions and past HSC questions. Plus, Fizzy_Cyst will be uploading his physics lessons if you need some extra teaching as well.

Anyone doing biology you may as well read through and start to learn the other core topics over the christmas break. Its just memorising, nothing that tricky - apart from a little bit in Blueprint of Life, but Ahmad Shah Revised and Edited and Perfected notes are perfect and will do the trick. I learnt nothing in class yet still managed to get 89% in CSSA trial just by studying these notes. I can't stress how important it is to learn ahead. I did none of this and I'm finding dot points in the syllabus NOW, that i never knew even existed...lol. Plus, soon you will get overwhelmed with everything you have to memorise and it becomes too much, (What i am feeling now).

Maths, start doing pre 2009 HSC questions (leave 2009-2015 for under exam conditions leading up to trials and HSC). Textbook questions are pretty meh, and only do them for the basics and when you first learn concepts. Find past trials (there are tonnes), and do the questions you can from them. I made the mistake of thinking, "I only know a few topics why should i do practice exams", but it is worth doin the questions you can.

English I'm doing pretty crap in, but my only advice would be to write up your essays as soon as possible (as soon as you start learning the content), and get teachers/tutors to edit the shit out of them. I was still writing essays in the week leading up to english an it just makes it more stressful. Highly recommend cheking out CROBAT's guide (if you do advanced english). Also, practice writing fast in 40 minutes, as I could only write around 1000 words, and that was a massive hindrance to me when I knew if i could write faster i could of had longer essays.

Chemistry. Ahamd Shah Idil revised edited and perfected have you covered here. beast notes, like a textbook. Make sure not to abondon calcuation and leave them for later, try to understand the chemical equations and calculations as they can not be rote learnt. Feel free to memorise the other content though. This thread has some useful info, but the student's guide to HSC chemistry is not as excellent as he makes it out to be. Still use it though but it has errors and is a bit too concise. http://community.boredofstudies.org...sc-chemistry-resources-help-get-band-6-a.html

I know everyone says it but you don't want to go into next year not knowing what you just learnt this term. SO PAY ATTENTION IN CLASS. I literally did nothing in class (apart from mindlessly copy the smartboard/whiteboard), and i knew nothing come half-yearlies. Was stressing out so much, was lucky I had easy exams and ended up getting around 94% to 95% in all subject (apart from english).

Basically ---> Keep studyin everynight even if it is not too serious, just dont fall behind. Don't be afraid to not do the homework you have been set at school if it is not going to help you. Like no point wasting your time doing things that arent going to benefit you, so if the hwk is not directly relevant, dont do it. Next year you will regret the time you have RIGHT NOW, so even though you still feel like "nothing counts" (my year 11 mentality of why i did no hwk and didnt pay attention in class..lol), you need to make the most of your time.

Sorry for the rant. :)
The thing is, I let that realisation hit me back in Term 4 Year 10 for my Accelerated class. Now its not as exciting /shrugs

justem

'Alpha' female ;)
HSC
hello friends good luck on your journey , if you have any questions or queries about your hsc life i would be more than happy to help you all out!

just remember; it does come to an end :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)