2016ers Chit-Chat Thread (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sien

将来: NEET
HSC
Can someone please explain this. Is it possible to get marked down twice? Lets say if I answered question 2 before question 1 and I got question 2 wrong but I used the answer in question 2 to work out my answer for question 1. If I have followed all the process and have valid process for question 1 but its wrong due to question 2, can I get marked down for question 1 as well? Considering I already got marked down for question 2. (hope its not too confusing)
This is hurting my head reading this lmao
So tldr
You answered q2 first then q1
You screwed up q2 but you used q2's answer for q1. But you did the correct working out for q1?
Should be able to land a mark or 2 but yes you would most definitely get marked down due to wrong answers, you shouldnt do that in the future tbh there's a reason why q are in chronological order

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Bestintheworld

HSC
This is hurting my head reading this lmao
So tldr
You answered q2 first then q1
You screwed up q2 but you used q2's answer for q1. But you did the correct working out for q1?
Should be able to land a mark or 2 but yes you would most definitely get marked down due to wrong answers, you shouldnt do that in the future tbh there's a reason why q are in chronological order

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
You are right lol I was just in a rush while answering the questions and anxiety got the best of me.

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
You are right lol I was just in a rush while answering the questions and anxiety got the best of me.
Depends what subject and the teacher marking.

Even then though, if you have the wrong answer generally you are definitely going to lose at least one mark

leehuan

HSC
CFPE (correct from previous error) is common. But like pointed above there is a reason why questions are sequenced in a specific order.

Guy_332

HSC
So basically I have been bludging and not doing jack s**t in my HSC for chemistry (ranked 22/22), physics (ranked 16/22) and EXT 1 maths (ranked 10/15). I am really low ranked in all those subjects but doing OK in standard english (40 / 115) and business studies (20 / 48) and fortunately doing really well in mathematics (ranked 3 out of 45).
Im about to sit my HSC half yearlies for which I will most probably keep the low rank for chem, drop ranks in physics to maybe 20, drop the english rank to about 60, hopefully raise my rank for Business to top 5, keep my top 3 rank in mathematics and definitely drop my extension rank to last. All these predictions are based on my preparation for these exams and are a personal evaluation.
Based on all that information what can i still hope for ATAR wise? I have had a complete mind shift in prepping for these half yearlies and am totally willing to put 1000% effort into my work and studies but would love some sort of indication so I know what to aim for.
Thanks you heaps for reading my story and hope for some replies. =D

Bestintheworld

HSC
^ you might need to give your school rank. Although I am not an expert in ATAR calculations, someone should be able to help you.

leehuan

HSC
School rank is like 130's
If you put in enough effort into half yearly exams and continue it throughout then you can aim for 99.95. Just come 1st in the course in every subject you do.

(Not saying that that's easily done at all but it's not impossible)

Guy_332

HSC
I only put effort in for 2 subjects Business studies and Mathematics and flopped everything else

Guy_332

HSC
Realistically what do your end of year ranks look like assuming you work hard from here on out?
Right now I'd say late 80s-90ish?
ok so lets say i finish the HSC trials with these stats; (keeping in mind thats its all hypothetical)
English Standard; 20 / 115
Business Studies; 4 / 48
Mathematics; 3/45
EXT 1 maths; 6/15
Physics; 11/22
Chem; 14/22
What do you reckon?

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
ok so lets say i finish trial with these stats;
English Standard; 20 / 115
Business Studies; 4 / 48
Mathematics; 3/45
EXT 1 maths; 6/15
Physics; 11/22
Chem; 14/22
What do you reckon?
low to mid 90s i think

for a more accurate estimate
use this website http://www.topscores.info/select-nsw.php
use da count per school and subject
search for your school
and get a feel (or an average lele) of how many b6/e4 your school gets in each subject per year
that will be roughly the rank you should be to get a b6/e4
if you can tell us that, we can probs a bit more precise

Last edited:

Bestintheworld

HSC
low to mid 90s i think

for a more accurate estimate
use this website http://www.topscores.info/select-nsw.php
use da count per school and subject
search for your school
and get a feel (or an average lele) of how many b6/e4 your school gets in each subject per year
that will be roughly the rank you should be to get a b6/e4
if you can tell us that, we can probs a bit more precise
I don't know if that really works either. I really believe that how hard you work will determine where you get to. For example my school only got 3 b6s last year lol mind you I love my school, we have awesome teachers it's just that the students don't work hard coz most of them don't really care. But I really believe that if you work hard no matter which school you are from any ATAR is possible really.

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
I don't know if that really works either. I really believe that how hard you work will determine where you get to. For example my school only got 3 b6s last year lol mind you I love my school, we have awesome teachers it's just that the students don't work hard coz most of them don't really care. But I really believe that if you work hard no matter which school you are from any ATAR is possible really.
Yeah, it doesn't really hold up to lower ranked schools unfortunately - I think there tends to be a lot more variation year to year

I reckon a rank 130 school could be consistent enough to give a decent picture

Yeah ofc, if you work hard its possible to get 99.95 in any school

HSC
N/A
Yeah, it doesn't really hold up to lower ranked schools unfortunately - I think there tends to be a lot more variation year to year

I reckon a rank 130 school could be consistent enough to give a decent picture

Yeah ofc, if you work hard its possible to get 99.95 in any school
Y aren't u aiming for 99.95? Curious lol

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
Y aren't u aiming for 99.95? Curious lol
There are $10,000/year scholarships at UNSW and USYD that are automatically granted if you get 99.90 or above
I decided I wanted to get them, so I made my goal 99.90 lol
I couldn't really see a purpose in particularly gunning for 99.95 other than its the highest you can get.

Bestintheworld

HSC
There are $10,000/year scholarships at UNSW and USYD that are automatically granted if you get 99.90 or above
I couldn't really see a purpose in particularly gunning for 99.95 other than its the highest you can get.
but you will probably end up getting 99.95 anyways lol

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
Oh cool thats what im aiming for as well.
Soon as i saw those scientia scholarships i was like yep thats my aim

leehuan

HSC
Nailgun is right though. I did briefly read up on the Scientia Scholarship that UNSW offers. But obviously I'm not like him and chose to not care.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)