2016ers Chit-Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

leehuan

HSC
Admittedly, I was upset about my school rank dropping heaps compared to where it was in the past.

But the system is a bit weird. I think school ranks are based off success rates, which are just band 6 count / number of exams sat

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
Admittedly, I was upset about my school rank dropping heaps compared to where it was in the past.

But the system is a bit weird. I think school ranks are based off success rates, which are just band 6 count / number of exams sat
yeah thats why private schools have inflated rankings lel, from what ive heard they encourage (very heavily) students to only do subjects that they will defs get band 6 in even if that b6 wont scale that well, which is why you have so many kids doing general maths and languages. consequently they get a high percentage of b6s whilst might not being actually that good
that being said, there are heaps of tremendously talented kids in private schooling so goes both ways

leehuan

HSC
yeah thats why private schools have inflated rankings lel, from what ive heard they encourage (very heavily) students to only do subjects that they will defs get band 6 in even if that b6 wont scale that well, which is why you have so many kids doing general maths and languages. consequently they get a high percentage of b6s whilst might not being actually that good
that being said, there are heaps of tremendously talented kids in private schooling so goes both ways
I've gone to accept that school ranks are a bit biased due to how it works tbh.

Quite recently actually. Just after having a chat about it at the academic assembly of our school last month.

InteGrand

HSC
N/A
Why don't the unofficial school ranks get based on ATAR instead (e.g. median ATAR)? With the Band 6 system, school A could have 100% band 6's in the form of a 90 mark from every paper, whilst school B could have less than 100% Band 6 rate but with a much higher ATAR median, yet School A would be ranked higher than school B.

Ekman

HSC
Why should I care? I don't have any reason to care about ANYTHING he says, after the way he's been treating some people I know.

Don't you dare get involved in this. Call me a child for what I say, but I will not in ANY WAY, take ANYTHING HE SAYS, as ANY FORM OF A LIGHT HEARTED JOKE WHEN HE IS USUALLY FOR REAL.

I'm sorry if I am elitist. But I will never allow his opinions on me to take advantage of me. And for the record, he is NEVER joking anymore in my eyes, for such topics. He will downright spit something out in an attempt to aggravate people such as me. And yes, I will admit, I walk right into it.
Looks like we have got haya 2.0 over here

leehuan

HSC
When you're not good enough to be Leehaun :(
I copied off so many of Paradoxica's answers...

The time frame was way too little for me to do all of them (though I actually could process a method to say the least D: )

Should've come 9th, not 3rd

But I mean, I got busted 1st head to head round

leehuan

HSC
Why don't the unofficial school ranks get based on ATAR instead (e.g. median ATAR)? With the Band 6 system, school A could have 100% band 6's in the form of a 90 mark from every paper, whilst school B could have less than 100% Band 6 rate but with a much higher ATAR median, yet School A would be ranked higher than school B.
Gotta send that question to the people who determine the ranks

Drsoccerball

HSC
I copied off so many of Paradoxica's answers...

The time frame was way too little for me to do all of them (though I actually could process a method to say the least D: )

Should've come 9th, not 3rd

But I mean, I got busted 1st head to head round
Lel wasnt talking about the bee...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)