2016ers Chit-Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ekman

HSC
Is that the Sydney Morning Herald?
But how are you going to gain access to the atars of each school. Unless you ask each school to submit it to the company that calculates the ranks (which will be a complete unnecessary hassle), there is no way you can gain access to them. Whereas with band 6's, bostes publishes the distinguished achievers list which can easily be used to calculate the number of band 6's and rank schools accordingly.

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
Why don't the unofficial school ranks get based on ATAR instead (e.g. median ATAR)? With the Band 6 system, school A could have 100% band 6's in the form of a 90 mark from every paper, whilst school B could have less than 100% Band 6 rate but with a much higher ATAR median, yet School A would be ranked higher than school B.
As in the SMH ranks, or those released by third party websites?
I think it's due to a lack of data released by bostes

It would be a much more accurate system though

edit: basically what ekman said

Ekman

HSC
Where can I get one of these
He has to say it to you in person before he can give you a signed poster. Otherwise there is no other place you can get them. They are too rare.

Drsoccerball

HSC
Oh god ahaha fake account or the real leehuan ?:eek: Sorry Lee, I usually dont roast people but you've been speaking as if you're the smartest person in the world... Just remember just this year there were more than 1000 people who beat your atar and they're only in NSW... Compare yourself with them and see the difference... Porcupinetree got 99.90 Atar and the only time he said it was on the post your atar thread and Ive never ever heard him brag about it..In your eyes you're probably the best but in all of our eyes by making the comments you have made you have certainly fallen to the lowest of the low... :/ Mods ban me idc I stand for justice.

Ekman

HSC
Oh god ahaha fake account or the real leehuan ?:eek: Sorry Lee, I usually dont roast people but you've been speaking as if you're the smartest person in the world... Just remember just this year there were more than 1000 people who beat your atar and they're only in NSW... Compare yourself with them and see the difference... Porcupinetree got 99.90 Atar and the only time he said it was on the post your atar thread and Ive never ever heard him brag about it..In your eyes you're probably the best but in all of our eyes by making the comments you have made you have certainly fallen to the lowest of the low... :/ Mods ban me idc I stand for justice.
That is because I brag about it for him :tongue:

leehuan

HSC
Normally I don't even try to sink down this low. But sometimes, some people call for a bad change.

I'm just sick of one person to the point I'm unable to simply control what I say and act like I should be unaffected when someone is trying to make me explode and legitimately rampage.

Also I wear glasses but I ain't blind. I know who troll accounts are.

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
Guys stop with the shittalking in the school forums before i start handing out infractions.

Take it to NS if you have to. If not do it privately.

The purpose of the 2016'ers thread is for HSC related discussion, not your personal grudges and trifles.

Drsoccerball

HSC
I end this roast with a final quote I made that you should memorise and recite every day before you go to sleep. It may take a whole life time to establish a good reputation; but as you have seen Leehuan it takes 1 night to ruin one.

BandSixFix

Disillusioned
HSC
yeah thats why private schools have inflated rankings lel, from what ive heard they encourage (very heavily) students to only do subjects that they will defs get band 6 in even if that b6 wont scale that well, which is why you have so many kids doing general maths and languages. consequently they get a high percentage of b6s whilst might not being actually that good
that being said, there are heaps of tremendously talented kids in private schooling so goes both ways
Same with selective schools lol - I don't think James Ruse even offers 1/2 my subs cept Eco/Modern

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
Same with selective schools lol - I don't think James Ruse even offers 1/2 my subs cept Eco/Modern
They don't have business and legal iirc

its kinda the opposite though lol
they only offer 'harder' better scaling subjects so everyone gets better atars but theoretically less band 6s --> this actually deflates the ranking
whereas a private school will encourage easier subjects so a higher proportion of band 6s but lower atars --> inflated ranking

Flop21

HSC
imagine doing biology, but by distance ed :punch: (bio being the one punching)

I am living on the hope that the HSC course will be better, and that the review at the end of each topic will help me write down notes for bio.
easyyyyy

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
Guys stop with the shittalking in the school forums before i start handing out infractions.

Take it to NS if you have to. If not do it privately.

The purpose of the 2016'ers thread is for HSC related discussion, not your personal grudges and trifles.
Aww, you ruined the fun
Jks dont kill me [emoji23]

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
LOLOLOL sounds a bit exaggerated D: I'm sure they have Legal Studies! But I do know some selective friends who legitimately didn't know what General Maths or Standard English was, and was actually puzzled and I had to explain it to them LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)