2016ers Chit-Chat Thread (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shuuya

HSC
My cousin keeps confusing me with another cousin who is in year 5 .... :/

StudiousStudent

HSC
This is a sentence worded nothing like the one I'm editing, but it's the same style:

New South Wales and Victoria are whatever. both are blah blah.

In the actual sentence I wrote, the teacher either circled my first full stop, or put a comma (I can't tell). She also capitalised B for Both (which I forgot to do).

Do you think she circled my full stop to show me why she capitalised the B - or - should my full stop be a comma, and should Both be capitalised after a comma?

Random, I know. I can't ask her because this essay is due the first day back at school.

Last edited:

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
This is a sentence worded nothing like the one I'm editing, but it's the same style:

In the actual sentence I wrote, the teacher either circled my first full stop, or put a comma (I can't tell). She also capitalised B for Both (which I forgot to do).

Do you think she circled my full stop to show me why she capitalised the B - or - should my full stop me a comma, and should Both be capitalised after a comma?

Random, I know. I can't ask her because this essay is due the first day back at school.
Both should not be capitalised after a comma lol
I'm pretty sure she was signifying it was a new sentence by circling the full stop, and hence you needed to capitalise the first word of that sentence, Both.

StudiousStudent

HSC
Thank you Nail.

I've been agonising because the mark was curved like a comma, but wasn't a full circle. I was thinking to myself, I'm pretty sure both isn't a pronoun, lol.

jenandeeb

HSC

Do you think she circled my full stop to show me why she capitalised the B - or - should my full stop me a comma, and should Both be capitalised after a comma?

Pretty sure she would have circled the full stop to show that the B was supposed to be capitalised. Plus, putting a comma in that sentence isn't quite fitting and the B shouldn't have to be capitalised after it. :)

Bestintheworld

HSC
Been so unproductive for the last 3 days. I have 1 more day to redeem this unproductiveness. Still haven't finished revising 1 subject lol

StudiousStudent

HSC
Been so unproductive for the last 3 days. I have 1 more day to redeem this unproductiveness. Still haven't finished revising 1 subject lol
You're not alone. I had grand plans for this break, but I've accomplished the bare minimum.

I've spent most of today trying to bring my margins into alignment in word, because they've been printing off balance. Omg, I've wasted so much ink :(

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
Tfw my year 7 essay is more coherent than the batman v superman plotline

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
My writing speed is really holding me back lol
I didn't realize I'd gotten this slow

900ish words in 45 mins
:O

didnt write an entire paragraph lol
gonna have to remodel my essay into 3 paragraphs with both texts in each

ml125

HSC
My writing speed is really holding me back lol
I didn't realize I'd gotten this slow

900ish words in 45 mins
:O

didnt write an entire paragraph lol
gonna have to remodel my essay into 3 paragraphs with both texts in each
How do you usually set your essays out?

I usually do mine in the 3 paragraphs w/ both texts format anyway lol

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
How do you usually set your essays out?

I usually do mine in the 3 paragraphs w/ both texts format anyway lol
That's what I usually do as well lol
but crobat recommended AB AB structure because you can show similarities and differences clearer

oh well
3 paragraphs is more sophisticated anyways

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)