2016ers Chit-Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

leehuan

HSC
we were meant to have integration too but our teacher was lenient :p with that said, he'll include it in next test
Ah lol lucky

But for the most part I found integration easier than geom appns of calc (yes this is from a 2U student's perspective, not after all of my time spent on the integration marathon)

leehuan

HSC
Yeah sorry thats what I meant. Point 13 in the syllabus
Yeah further trig usually relates to the MX1 prelim trig component.

But that's interesting. You guys did trig before logs?

scottrb24

HSC
Yeah further trig usually relates to the MX1 prelim trig component.

But that's interesting. You guys did trig before logs?
Yeah we haven't done logarithms "per se". Our teacher has just taught us the basics when they are used with other types of questions - haven't covered the actual content of it.

leehuan

HSC
Interesting. But yeah that I understand; I'm just amused by the change in topic order.

Also, are you guys working at a fast pace? Cause that's also a ton of topics

scottrb24

HSC
Interesting. But yeah that I understand; I'm just amused by the change in topic order.

Also, are you guys working at a fast pace? Cause that's also a ton of topics
I'd say we are. There's only one 2U class at our school, and half our class does 3U too.

parad0xica

HSC
N/A
The reason why it annoys me is because they're overdoing it and I just don't feel comfortable when they over do it

You may have different opinions to mine but I'm happy to hear it. Telling me to respect other peoples values will take a while and I don't think I can respect their values
Does anyone know a word to describe this specific feeling in this type of situation?

If you are brave enough to say it someone's face, then you will learn this lesson real quick! :)

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
im so god damn nervous for phys.

Anyone want to give me some final tips on how to kill it? Lee? Nail?

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC

Answer the questions in a logical structured fashion

Don't be afraid to use dot point to separate ideas/marks

If need be draw diagrams

If they ask you to draw a diagram but don't give you enough space to do it neatly, than ask for spare paper

Triple check calculations

Make sure you use a ruler for everything

Draw gradient triangles

Show substitution

Use lowest sig figs in question for answer

Always write over the lines (assuming you legit know what you're talking about correct info < more correct info)

If they want 2 things (i.e. 2 similarities) and you definitely know 3, then put three just in case

and trust your gut and intuition

leehuan

HSC

I was going to give you tips but..seems like Nailgun has everything under control here...

Also fyi I didn't really at half yearly point but for the trials and real things I tended to answer way more than whatever space they gave me. Overanswering doesn't lose marks unless it's extraneous and/or it creates a contradiction

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
thanks brah, but what do you mean by always write over the lines? As in don't write extra in the margins?

I've tried to train myself to only answer the question explicitly and dont add extra, but for tomorrow, do you guys reckon its worth just vomiting everything for the sake of getting marks?

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
thanks brah, but what do you mean by always write over the lines? As in don't write extra in the margins?

I've tried to train myself to only answer the question explicitly and dont add extra, but for tomorrow, do you guys reckon its worth just vomiting everything for the sake of getting marks?
I don't mean vomit, I mean answer the question explicitly in as much detail as you can, like outline everything every time you mention a law show the formula, like make it explicit but still long if you feel

Vomitting is a waste of time and space, especially in physics
just answer the question, but make sure you cover as many bases as possible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)