2016ers Chit-Chat Thread (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
That was my essay for EE1 25 marks haha :3 My Advanced ones usually sit around ~1200 but it varies depending on how much bs I can think up if I have a decent amount of time left lol
Yeah, I was thinking that like 1800 is crazy for Advanced! No wonder :) 1200 is still impressive, I can only really hit 1000 usually but it gets the job done :D

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
So is the memorising route the only way to go in english?
I honestly find this method the best for me personally BECAUSE I pause to adapt to the question rather than just spew it all out quickly.

Its been shown in my results for my trials, I got a 15/15 for AOS (because I remembered it word for word) but in my Modules, I was only able to get a 16/20 for some essays that I had gotten an 18/20 for previously because I didn't rote learn. I basically under performed when I didn't undertake the usual method.

So I'll be rote-learning my essays - not because I don't understand the content I'm writing, because my on-the-spot writing is trash when I'm under pressure in an exam situation.

Last edited:

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
I honestly find this method the best for me personally BECAUSE I pause to adapt to the question rather than just spew it all out quickly.

Its been shown in my results for my trials, I got a 15/15 for AOS (because I remembered it word for word) but in my Modules, I was only able to get a 16/20 for some essays that I had gotten an 18/20 for previously because I didn't rote learn. I basically under performed when I didn't undertake the usual method.

So I'll be rote-learning my essays - not because I don't understand the content I'm writing, because my on-the-spot writing is trash when I'm under pressure in an exam situation.
Writtenloveletters

Didn't you say you memorise paragraphs as well (I remember having a convo about this in this thread somewhere)

MilkyCat_

HSC
Got all trials back now and they were a combination of CSSA and independent

English 80% idk rank
Maths 99% 1st
Chemistry 87% 1st
Physics 90% 1st
Pdhpe 92% 2nd

KingOfActing

lukewarm mess
HSC
I am literally burning out so quickly right now because of all these composition major works I don't know how I'm even still doing them

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
Writtenloveletters

Didn't you say you memorise paragraphs as well (I remember having a convo about this in this thread somewhere)
Memorise the whole essay basically is what I said LOL. So I will try remember all 1000 words of my AOS essay, 1000 for Mod A and so on...

mrstripedshades

HSC
the uts atar cutoff are weird af... Bachelor of business WITH science or engineering is lower than just it by itself. the fuck.

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
It's about the demand of the course.
I thought dual degrees were based on the minimum atar of both of the subjects. E.g. Engineering has like 91 ATAR at UNSW but 95 ATAR for advanced maths degree so the dual degree atar is 95.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)