2016ers Chit-Chat Thread (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kittyrules

I'm your density
HSC
my LOTE was the same, though its a cacafl or w/e the abbreviation is.

You definitely didnt have enough time to finish in listening time, but like all my exams I had plenty of time in the end

and im legit skipping binomial question at first, usually I run out of time and for binomial question I doubt i'll finish it but rather snag a couple marks. I'm fine with projectiles and everything else, can be fked over by Circle geo sometimes but did geo in practice papers, trials and 2u good so hopefully it will be fine.

Btw how do you guys approach ext exam? MC first or???

And do we have to write the entire alternate segment theorem?

I was really nervous at beginning of 2u, and messed up MC, but 11 calmed me down and did great in the rest of the paper. Will do q11 first I think, never done it like that but w/e XD
for german the listening was soooo slow which was good ^^

Yeah i always struggle with binomial too, and will skip it unless its a 'find the coefficient of the x^5 term' sort of thing. Whyyy did we learn it a week before end of school??

I do the MC first because sometimes i get so wrapped up in questions i won't have time for it at the end. So id rather not miss 10 marks just because of that. Its also the first thing i check if i have time, so if i am panicked and make stupid mistakes at least I check that.

If theres no awful motion questions where you use d/dx1/2 v^2 and evil binomial proofs it should be okayyy......

mrstripedshades

HSC
for german the listening was soooo slow which was good ^^

Yeah i always struggle with binomial too, and will skip it unless its a 'find the coefficient of the x^5 term' sort of thing. Whyyy did we learn it a week before end of school??

I do the MC first because sometimes i get so wrapped up in questions i won't have time for it at the end. So id rather not miss 10 marks just because of that. Its also the first thing i check if i have time, so if i am panicked and make stupid mistakes at least I check that.

If theres no awful motion questions where you use d/dx1/2 v^2 and evil binomial proofs it should be okayyy......
Haha, I'm actually really comfortable with those type of motion questions lol, they are probably my favourite in terms of free marks for me in harder questions. Also hoping that the 3d trig is ez.

Kittyrules

I'm your density
HSC
Anyone still studying for 3u?
should be... but ended up playing the piano whoopss

random thought i had while playing: how do you play well drunk??
at parties theres often a piano and there'll always be that person who can smash anything out even if they're smashed. i can seem too i just lose track of my fingers :(

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
holy fk 3u was aids hopefully i can scrape an e4
High e3 pls

E4 would be a gift from the gods

But nah not happening L O L

At this rate, if I get an E3, I will be extremely proud of myself - especially after that ass whooping from 3U. I would be lucky to even get 45/70

Last edited:

mrstripedshades

HSC
At this rate, if I get an E3, I will be extremely proud of myself - especially after that ass whooping from 3U. I would be lucky to even get 50/70
same lmao... ran out of time so badly.

could do the binomials actually they were really easy imo but fucking low marks lol

I'm pretty sure I got full marks in Q11, unless I made a REALLY silly mistake, which now im having second thoughts about if i did. But for multi choice, I actually got 8/10 correct, higher than my 2u lmao. I swear I just guessed some based off already knew them (e.g. that tan x one)

for q8, no matter what I couldnt get an answer other than C, but i knew it wasnt c so just went bit lower and B, apparently it was right??

I just want a 45/70 honestly I would be over the moon, means 22/45 in the rest of the paper.

Last edited:

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
same lmao... ran out of time so badly.

could do the binomials actually they were really easy imo but fucking low marks lol

I'm pretty sure I got full marks in Q11, unless I made a REALLY silly mistake, which now im having second thoughts about if i did. But for multi choice, I actually got 8/10 correct, higher than my 2u lmao. I swear I just guessed some based off already knew them (e.g. that tan x one)

for q8, no matter what I couldnt get an answer other than C, but i knew it wasnt c so just went bit lower and B, apparently it was right??

I just want a 45/70 honestly I would be over the moon, means 22/45 in the rest of the paper.
LOL same! I got to do the binomials. But on the brighter side, despite them being low marks, at least you have +1 ~ 4 more marks than without doing the binomials!

I would be extremely happy with a 45/70 :) In fact, a broader goal is a high E3 would be great!

But anyways, we throw that aside and make sure we both improve greatly in time for Physics :D

mrstripedshades

HSC
LOL same! I got to do the binomials. But on the brighter side, despite them being low marks, at least you have +1 ~ 4 more marks than without doing the binomials!

I would be extremely happy with a 45/70 :) In fact, a broader goal is a high E3 would be great!

But anyways, we throw that aside and make sure we both improve greatly in time for Physics :D
ya. got sor tomorrow though, need to memorise Islam quotes, hopefully its a significant person essay and I'm just gonna do Al Ghazali.

Honestly burnt as today, probably just gonna read some old notes and go to sleep early and wake up a hour or two before going to school.

And I just realised I messed up one of the easiest marks possible, I was really short on time for Q 14 I think It was? The one with induction. The question about the expansion, I just wrote down the line and in my head factorised it, and thats what I got. But obviously you were meant to expand instead... Lmao

trecex1

HSC
Does everyone genuinely think it was easier than previous years? Some people are saying it was brutal though carrot says it was really easy. Personally would've done a lot better in last years paper than this year.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
should be... but ended up playing the piano whoopss

random thought i had while playing: how do you play well drunk??
at parties theres often a piano and there'll always be that person who can smash anything out even if they're smashed. i can seem too i just lose track of my fingers :(
I swear I know people who play Better. Drunk

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
Does everyone genuinely think it was easier than previous years? Some people are saying it was brutal though carrot says it was really easy. Personally would've done a lot better in last years paper than this year.
Nope. I thought it was hard AF. And so do a lot of the 3U/2U kids in my cohort - even the top 3U/2U kid who was ranked 5th and even smashed trials thought so. 4U kids found it relatively fine (but the top 3 4U students said it was a good paper for them).

mrstripedshades

HSC
No? I always leave probability in fraction form lol
ohk. Same lol, was just looking at some answers.

then im good so far.

I dont really even remmeber later sections of test but know i fucke them up hard and will be lucky to get high single digits.

SO far I've passed the test based off of MC, Q11 &12.
Got 8/10, 15/15, and 12/15 (myb 13 if lenient marking)

:) hopefully I get an E3! any idea about cut offs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)