2018ers Chit-Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

Frostguard

HSC
Re: Roll Call: Class of 2018

Are people getting a lot of homework? This time last year we got heaps and it was compulsory
not really tbh, im doing 13 units and i dont have that much hw lol i think its because its not assessment season for me yet but probably around week 7+ onwards where my assesments come piling in ooh yeah baby week 9 and 10 is the first lot

this thread is more active than me lol

PikyoK

HSC

Are people getting a lot of homework? This time last year we got heaps and it was compulsory
Not really. To be honest, the amount of homework I have is the same as Year 11. Not very stressful. :D :awesome:

Last edited:

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC

not really tbh, im doing 13 units and i dont have that much hw lol i think its because its not assessment season for me yet but probably around week 7+ onwards where my assesments come piling in ooh yeah baby week 9 and 10 is the first lot

this thread is more active than me lol
To be honest, the amount of homework I have is the same as Year 11. Not really stressful. :D :awesome:
Oh wow lucky we were getting 5+ pages of english homework a lesson, same as physics

planetblue

HSC
Eh, the lessons are much more structured now. More homework for Ad. English than any other subject. Technically we're getting a lot of homework because my god, there's a lot of note taking to be done.

spaghettii

HSC
Uni Grad

Beginning to get quite a bit.

Maths is just revision since the 2U class I moved to is still covering Prelim content. English not heaps. Legal there's a lot of notetaking. Society I've gotta do research and start planning my PIP topic and art is just thinking of ideas for my BOW.

supR

Trials are the best
HSC
Uni Grad

3u/4u - We are going through circle geo atm (although we have done all other prelim content + integration and geo app of derivative) - cambridge has a lot of q’s for homework - Finished curve sketching and doing complex atm, not a tonne of hwk

Physics is just weekly homework sheets and stuff, chem is a bunch of sheets but they are all easy

English is small homework but really useful stuff - Eco no hwk lol coz the teacher just idk doesn’t give any

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
For anyone doing 4u I recommend learning harder 3u now such as inequalities so you have more time to practice. Usually schools do that last however it's the hardest 4u topic so it's good to do it early.

supR

Trials are the best
HSC
Uni Grad
For anyone doing 4u I recommend learning harder 3u now such as inequalities so you have more time to practice. Usually schools do that last however it's the hardest 4u topic so it's good to do it early.
I like this idea, thanks man! Gonna put this into practice

A Leaf

HSC

Nope, not really. Maths is about 1-2 exercises a lesson but that's alright. My teachers have just been saying that they don't wanna give us too much homework because they want us to use as much time possible to study, revise and go at things our own pace.

boredofstudiesuser1

HSC

Nope, not really. Maths is about 1-2 exercises a lesson but that's alright. My teachers have just been saying that they don't wanna give us too much homework because they want us to use as much time possible to study, revise and go at things our own pace.
I wish.

I-love-books

HSC
Hey guys
At my school since we were pretty behind in 3u (due to old teacher) so now our new teacher had decided to finish the whole hsc 3u course this term and start all 4u next yr in term 1. I guess it could give us an advantage as we aren’t gonna be learning two different units at once. What do you guys think??

supR

Trials are the best
HSC
Uni Grad
Yoyo,

The Excel SUCCESS ONE past paper books are usually $37.95 each, but are currently $20! This is a massive sale, I just wish I waited before buying mine :(
Thought I'd let you guys know about it as these books are recommended pretty often.
https://www.pascalpress.com.au/excel/

boredsatan

HSC
Is reading through the solutions of practise exams over and over again an effective way to revise for exams?

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Hey guys
At my school since we were pretty behind in 3u (due to old teacher) so now our new teacher had decided to finish the whole hsc 3u course this term and start all 4u next yr in term 1. I guess it could give us an advantage as we aren’t gonna be learning two different units at once. What do you guys think??
Terrible idea. 4U should be learned earlier so more time to practice as it's MUCH harder than 3u and if you finish 3u in one term you must be rushing pretty hard.

Is reading through the solutions of practise exams over and over again an effective way to revise for exams?
It's good to do the exam yourself and review your answers based on what the solutions say. Usually the sample answers aren't good.

supR

Trials are the best
HSC
Uni Grad
"Usually the sample answers aren't good."
What do you mean?
Same answers can have too little information or too much information which can distort the way you should be answering questions.

It can be helpful to get teacher feedback as well

PikyoK

HSC
Same answers can have too little information or too much information which can distort the way you should be answering questions.

It can be helpful to get teacher feedback as well

Yeah. That's true

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)