2020 HSC+ ATAR results discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
i was looking at the honour roll and i was wondering, is it possible for a student to receive an atar above 90 without having any band 6's? like theyre not mentioned but they got an atar above 90? idk if im making sense but yeah im just curious
Yeah my friend got a 96 with no band 6s.

HSC
would u guys choose usyd bachelor of science or unsw bachelor of adv science with honours? idk whether to take the L and forget about Sydney and just go to unsw lmao

Directrix

Forklift Certified
HSC
guys question, how come marks don’t reflect atar? I got 4 b6s however my atar is lower than some people who got 2-3... is it because I got them in humanities subjects or...?
Yep, like I put 89 for the Big 4 (Maths E2, Chem Phys and English) 97.XX so yeah there’s people with potentially less B6 that scored higher

queenb_3

HSC
Uni Grad
Hello!
Can someone please explain how the UNSW access scheme works? Do we need to lodge an application, or is it automatic, and how many points are awarded based on the disadvantage suffered? Thank you!!

Fabrizio

HSC
gotcha that makes sense...feels bad though haha
How? A band 6 in society and culture and physics aren't the same. Imo those types of subjects still scale to well and encourage people choosing them because they are far easier then others and let's be honest, they are completely useless. Same with languages.

Kyufruit

HSC
How? A band 6 in society and culture and physics aren't the same. Imo those types of subjects still scale to well and encourage people choosing them because they are far easier then others and let's be honest, they are completely useless. Same with languages.
Do languages scale well?

beetree1

HSC
bump
Hello!
Can someone please explain how the UNSW access scheme works? Do we need to lodge an application, or is it automatic, and how many points are awarded based on the disadvantage suffered? Thank you!!

jojosiwa123

HSC
:/ tbh each to their own I guess, I don’t think it’s fair to say they’re useless you just don’t care about them similarly to how most standard maths students would think calculus is useless

jojosiwa123

HSC
Hello!
yeah I’m wondering this too... how are our points added (not just for unsw but other unis too) like do they do it automatically?

Fabrizio

HSC
:/ tbh each to their own I guess, I don’t think it’s fair to say they’re useless you just don’t care about them similarly to how most standard maths students would think calculus is useless
Yeah useless was the wrong word.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
yeah I’m wondering this too... how are our points added (not just for unsw but other unis too) like do they do it automatically?
Hello!

You'll have to have lodged an EAS application with UAC. (Can also refer to https://www.unsw.edu.au/access-scheme).

Point's given will vary person to person, and will between 1-10 points given depending on the extent that UAC deemed an individual to have been impacted.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
At least with languages, they are typically not deliberately incorrectly taught unlike some parts of the Physics course due to the HSC syllabus requirements. Also, the ability to speak and write another language is considered more useful in the employment market.

Plus, I believe that Classic Greek is probably one of the hardest HSC courses available.

Time&moretime

HSC
Are there any disadvantages of buying your HSC paper from NESA? Could it result in a lower examination mark? Anyone with a personal experience to this? :blink2:

saksham21

HSC
Are there any disadvantages of buying your HSC paper from NESA? Could it result in a lower examination mark? Anyone with a personal experience to this? :blink2:
i called nesa the day we got hsc back and they said that your mark can be reduced if you get a raw marks report, cause that comes with a results check. but they said that the chances of a mistake being found are also extremely low

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)