• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

2023 HSC chat (3 Viewers)

Zara_m21

HSC
In Module C Paper 2 for the creative part, are they allowed to restrict you in writing a discursive piece with a reflection only? or will they provide other options (eg. imaginative)
You get also get a 20 mark imaginative / discursive etc with no reflection (im pretty sure it hppned once)
If they do that im walking straught out

Cathode_RT

HSC
You get also get a 20 mark imaginative / discursive etc with no reflection (im pretty sure it hppned once)
If they do that im walking straught out
wdym thats so free tho, cuz if your tight on time your more likely to get a higher mark if its just 1 question rather than an imaginative and reflection

Unovan

ATAR loading...
HSC
What sort of analysis do you guys have prepared for module c reflections? My trial had an 8 marker on how your stylistic hocies were influenced by prescribed texts and i somehow managed to get 7/8 with thet most bs I've ever written, I literally only had themes from the texts and no way is that going to work again in the hsc

My texts are metamorphosis and PoliticsAndTheEnglishLanguage

carrotsss

HSC
What sort of analysis do you guys have prepared for module c reflections? My trial had an 8 marker on how your stylistic hocies were influenced by prescribed texts and i somehow managed to get 7/8 with thet most bs I've ever written, I literally only had themes from the texts and no way is that going to work again in the hsc

My texts are metamorphosis and PoliticsAndTheEnglishLanguage
My teacher told us the ideal structure is:
- A broad intro about the intent of your piece + link to question
- An analysis of how your piece was influenced by one/two of your mentor text, pretty much just technique in their text -> techniques in yours
- More broad analysis of your piece without the mentor text
- Sophisticated conclusion ideally with a literary quote that sums up your piece (can be made up, I forgot the name of my critic so I wrote a random name and my teacher never noticed, realistically there are so many quotes in the world it’s believable)

levisacks

HSC
If i do standard English, do you reckon it is risky to copy someone's creative piece from advanced?

carrotsss

HSC
If i do standard English, do you reckon it is risky to copy someone's creative piece from advanced?
if you copy someone elses it will be a massive pain to memorise and you wont rlly know how to adapt it to a question as well as ur own creative

its not risky in the sense that youll get in trouble for it(theyre not gonna check for plagiarism on a written piece), its just not the most effective strategy

ms_grape_taco

HSC
unseens SUPER SUPER easy (not rlly but its doable), just go do past unseen papers and review the solutions and see what they try to recommend/push. I honestly found some english hsc vids on unseen kinda helpful. Understand the mark breakdown, how much time to allocate etc.
do you have any video recommendations?

ms_grape_taco

HSC
also is it better to have a shorter essay (for mod a ) that you will definitely finish with some time to plan vs. having a more indepth essay as it talks about more techniques but risk taking time off other sections?

brigettehu

HSC
also is it better to have a shorter essay (for mod a ) that you will definitely finish with some time to plan vs. having a more indepth essay as it talks about more techniques but risk taking time off other sections?
more techniques doesnt mean a good essay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)