2023 HSC chat (2 Viewers)

vvert2023

HSC
Thoughts on this thesis:

Texts rely on the portrayal of relatable ideas pertaining to collective human experiences to enrich and expand the reader's perception of the world through this portrayal enabling the construction of ideas that explores paradoxes, anomalies and inconsistencies thus providing an understandable base to challenge assumptions and prompt reconsideration.

Then the text related one:
To a great extent, Orwell in his dystopian novel... is able to ignite ideas relating to collective human experiences regarding the fulfilment of needs in his display of how oppressive systems that curtail the fulfilment natural and basic human needs create a brutal and unliveable society. He enriches the audience's knowledge of the world thereafter in establishing a meta-fictive address of his context that creates an imperative upon the audience to protect the inherent human needs of any individual in embracing the desire to connect as an agent that enables this fulfilment of all of Abraham Maslow's hierarchy of needs (i explain these in the paragraph that follows the intro). The character of Winston, although relatable to the audience as being the most distinctly human character, is presented as a persecuted anomaly within the oppressive Oceania that therefore addresses Orwell's context meta-fictively to establish this aforementioned imperative that prompts the expansion of the audience's knowledge of the world to protect the inherent human needs of any individual as they live in "a time when thought is free…when truth exists.”

I ended up getting down 11 quotes in 5.75 pages and was able to make good links to my thesis and the question constantly, maybe forgot a couple times. Only issue is my 2nd para was half a page long but had a good link and 3 quotes. Thoughts everyone?

carrotsss

HSC
Thoughts on this thesis:

Texts rely on the portrayal of relatable ideas pertaining to collective human experiences to enrich and expand the reader's perception of the world through this portrayal enabling the construction of ideas that explores paradoxes, anomalies and inconsistencies thus providing an understandable base to challenge assumptions and prompt reconsideration.

To a great extent, Orwell in his dystopian novel... is able to ignite ideas relating to collective human experiences regarding the fulfilment of needs in his display of how oppressive systems that curtail the fulfilment natural and basic human needs create a brutal and unliveable society. He enriches the audience's knowledge of the world thereafter in establishing a meta-fictive address of his context that creates an imperative upon the audience to protect the inherent human needs of any individual in embracing the desire to connect as an agent that enables this fulfilment of all of Abraham Maslow's hierarchy of needs (i explain these in the paragraph that follows the intro). The character of Winston, although relatable to the audience as being the most distinctly human character, is presented as a persecuted anomaly within the oppressive Oceania that therefore addresses Orwell's context meta-fictively to establish this aforementioned imperative that prompts the expansion of the audience's knowledge of the world to protect the inherent human needs of any individual as they live in "a time when thought is free…when truth exists.”

I ended up getting down 11 quotes in 5.75 pages and was able to make good links to my thesis and the question constantly, maybe forgot a couple times. Only issue is my 2nd para was half a page long but had a good link and 3 quotes. Thoughts everyone?
why are you talking about Orwell we are done with him forever now

breadcrumbs

HSC
is anyone else like extremely exhausted rn?

like I’m still getting work done and being decently productive because it’s the last stretch but I feel like I could collapse at any moment I’m so tired
i took a nap after paper 1 until 5pm i was genuinely so tired after and now we gotta study for paper 2 😭 😭

qldbulls

HSC
Thoughts on this thesis:

Brother you are fine unless you need 20/20 I can't see almost 6 pages with quotes, decent language and analysis getting anything less than 17.

No surprises

HSC
For the people who's doing English tmrw(standard and advanced), don't be too panic about the mod c bc I do EAL/D and we did that part today. It is possible they will give you a choice(choose 1 yourself from imaginative/dis/pers)
I thought that's impossible cuz 2022 had this type of writing, but yeah we got the choice this year as well so don't be too panic.

HSC
For the people who's doing English tmrw(standard and advanced), don't be too panic about the mod c bc I do EAL/D and we did that part today. It is possible they will give you a choice(choose 1 yourself from imaginative/dis/pers)
I thought that's impossible cuz 2022 had this type of writing, but yeah we got the choice this year as well so don't be too panic.
is there actually a link between the questions of each of the papers?

efrgwjkn4g

HSC
does anyone have any quotes from pacinos 'looking for richard' about the pursuit of power

SASH_06_X

HSC
is anyone else like extremely exhausted rn?

like I’m still getting work done and being decently productive because it’s the last stretch but I feel like I could collapse at any moment I’m so tired
yh i just wanna sleep and never wake up again im exhausted with a capital E

carrotsss

HSC
does anyone have any quotes from pacinos 'looking for richard' about the pursuit of power
The oversimplification of his motives “I’m not the king and I want to be the king and I want to be the king. It’s that simple” validates his ambition to an audience who value egalitarianism and praise the Great American Dream.

Kimball’s empathetic declaration “he’s let the pursuit of power totally corrupt him” frames Richard as a victim of his own ambition, reflecting a greater psychoanalytic understanding of man’s innate lust for power, labelling it unavoidable.

Unovan

ATAR loading...
HSC
The oversimplification of his motives “I’m not the king and I want to be the king and I want to be the king. It’s that simple” validates his ambition to an audience who value egalitarianism and praise the Great American Dream.

Kimball’s empathetic declaration “he’s let the pursuit of power totally corrupt him” frames Richard as a victim of his own ambition, reflecting a greater psychoanalytic understanding of man’s innate lust for power, labelling it unavoidable.
fr the best quotes

also do you think not making power its own paragraph but instead intertwining it into Providence/religion (para 1) and gender dyanmics (para 2) is a decent idea? it's not too late to change because I have power, religion and gender paragraphs all memorised but idk I just feel like mixing power into those two works best.

amy.q18

HSC
tomorrow is gonna be hell, gonna look and feel sleep-deprived
love how nesa is like mental health this and wellbeing that and then proceeds to hand out paper 2 with 3 writing tasks to be completed within 2 hours.

carrotsss

HSC
fr the best quotes

also do you think not making power its own paragraph but instead intertwining it into Providence/religion (para 1) and gender dyanmics (para 2) is a decent idea? it's not too late to change because I have power, religion and gender paragraphs all memorised but idk I just feel like mixing power into those two works best.
I’m sorry I’m not reading that I don’t need to mess with my memory of my own essay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)