• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

2023 HSC chat (3 Viewers)

carrotsss

HSC
oh yeah I forgot about FANG firing a bunch of employees but yeah thats really horrible and very bad job security damn
bad job security is a stretch, i guarantee 99% of those people who got fired immediately found another job somewhere else with marginally less pay, there’s a reason they pay so much these people are in high demand. one thing a lot of people do is get experience in FAANG for a few years for employability then just settle into a chill job with a bit less pay and enjoy life

Interdice

HSC
same bro, thanks that really does motivate me.
I am currently learning extension 1 for computer science as well and ive done some python. Any resources you use for data structures and algorithms?
I tried leraning data strucutres and algorithms before, but I'm in an intrresting position. I can only answer teh easiest programming questions. reddit recomended this book

There is also a worksheet
Highly recomended on reddit.

I'm not an expert, you should page someone with more programming experiance. Best of luck to you

year10studentpreparin

HSC
bad job security is a stretch, i guarantee 99% of those people who got fired immediately found another job somewhere else with marginally less pay, there’s a reason they pay so much these people are in high demand. one thing a lot of people do is get experience in FAANG for a few years for employability then just settle into a chill job with a bit less pay and enjoy life
cant u just work offshore e.g like in australia then work for a US company anyway?

year10studentpreparin

HSC
I tried leraning data strucutres and algorithms before, but I'm in an intrresting position. I can only answer teh easiest programming questions. reddit recomended this book

There is also a worksheet
Highly recomended on reddit.

I'm not an expert, you should page someone with more programming experiance. Best of luck to you
thanks bro, seems liek you know what ur talking about tbh but ill check it out both the book and docs

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)