2023 HSC chat (9 Viewers)

sumum

HSC
Also I didn't know this but IDeA program has expanded and now includes cyber sec so I guess IDeA is becoming a cadetship program with multiple courses.
Hey man, I mentioned you one one of my threads (I think my only one) Can you pplease answer some of the questions on there? Its regarding the UtS IDeA course for Computer Science. I have been looking for someone who is currently doing it for ages and I came across you. Can you please look at that thread and if you can answer some of those questions? Thank you!

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
Hey man, I mentioned you one one of my threads (I think my only one) Can you pplease answer some of the questions on there? Its regarding the UtS IDeA course for Computer Science. I have been looking for someone who is currently doing it for ages and I came across you. Can you please look at that thread and if you can answer some of those questions? Thank you!
you might need to do some digging but @dav53521 and I were discussing this prior recently in some thread on BoS --maybe try searching for IDeA in the search bar

I'll have a quick look and edit this post if I find it
EDIT idk somewhere around here https://boredofstudies.org/threads/2023-hsc-chat.401549/page-123#post-7479345

Interdice

HSC
To people who previoulsy done the HSC.

For mathematics advanced, chemistry, Physics and software design and development and Economics is the entire paper stapled or seperate parts?

Interdice

HSC
Iirc Mcq is a separate booklet then short answer is a separate booklet I think 😵💫
Yeah I see what you mean. There is a cover booklet with mcs inside and there is the actual paper stapled inside thx

Interdice

HSC
What subject do you think reflects a student's intelligence more? Like the intelligence they were born with

English or Math?

Also do ur teachers say ur getting low bands as a shitty motivater? My english teacher told my entire class that we're all gonna get band 3s. Except for a few students. Apparently most students get band 4s, and so will I.

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
To people who previoulsy done the HSC.

For mathematics advanced, chemistry, Physics and software design and development and Economics is the entire paper stapled or seperate parts?
ngl just have a look at the most recent hsc paper for them.... and then you'll be able to tell

Interdice

HSC
I believe everyone has a different level of natural talent depending on the subject/learning area. Maths and english are completely different skills. A student skilled in English is more likely to have natural talent in creativity, comprehension and emotional intelligence while a student naturally talented in Maths is more likely to have natural proficiency in problem solving, pattern recognition, artihmetic etc. stuff on the more logical side.
Either way I think hard work is far more valuable than natural talent, but a certain amount of natural talent is needed to support one's hard work.
Nah. Natural talent all the way.

I will never be as smart as a Ruse kid. Maybe if I work hard, a NSB kid, but never Ruse. Those guys are insanely smart.

I studied my ass off for english, wrote practice essays, wrote study paragraphs, and got slightly below average. FOR ENGLISH FUCKING STANDARD

Comparitevly I did three times less work for math extension and advanced. My Extension mark was in the 40th percentile, whilist my advance mark was in the 95th percentile. Extension wasn't ideal, but my projected atar is like 75, so idgaf about teh difference between 90 atar or 94 atar for 1 unit. My study behaviour for Math was kinda gross. I stopped doing homework, and started sleeping in class halfway through and never remembered to bring any study material. And I don't do any tutoring. I mean I'm not very good at math, but I'm better than most my class.

I didn't study for Physics and I got above average. Like I never did homeowrk and learnt most the content a week before the exam. My mark wasn't very good, but my teacher says band 4 at least, and all I need is a 75 atar so again idgaf.

There is this guy at my school who's friends with all the nerds, probably studies way more than me, and wrecks me in English, but I beat him in Physics and Mathematics with way less effort. He acutally does all the work and worksheets, and I talk with my friends.

Natural talent 100 percent

Last edited:

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
Nah. Natural talent all the way.

I will never be as smart as a Ruse kid. Maybe if I work hard, a NSB kid, but never Ruse. Those guys are insanely smart.

I studied my ass off for english, wrote practice essays, wrote study paragraphs, and got slightly below average. FOR ENGLISH FUCKING STANDARD

Comparitevly I did three times less work for math extension and advanced. My Extension mark was in the 40th percentile, whilist my advance mark was in the 95th percentile. Extension wasn't ideal, but my projected atar is like 75, so idgaf about teh difference between 90 atar or 94 atar for 1 unit. My study behaviour for Math was kinda gross. I stopped doing homework, and started sleeping in class halfway through and never remembered to bring any study material. And I don't do any tutoring. I mean I'm not very good at math, but I'm better than most my class.

I didn't study for Physics and I got above average. Like I never did homeowrk and learnt most the content a week before the exam. My mark wasn't very good, but my teacher says band 4 at least, and all I need is a 75 atar so again idgaf.

There is this guy at my school who's friends with all the nerds, probably studies way more than me, and wrecks me in English, but I beat him in Physics and Mathematics with way less effort. He acutally does all the work and worksheets, and I talk with my friends.

Natural talent 100 percent
yet hard work and proper focussed study will get you good marks too - yes you can be naturally good at doing tests and working under pressure (I consider myself to not get too stressed during exams) but without the prep I would be doing shitass all day - and I'm a somewhat smart guy

I think you're kinda wrong, although I do see where you're coming from

Interdice

HSC
ngl just have a look at the most recent hsc paper for them.... and then you'll be able to tell
I wanna make sure. I hate managing different writing booklets not stapled. They made us do it for the prelims

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)