2024 HSC Chat (6 Viewers)

souli

HSC
omg languages are so cool, i would have done korean or japanese if i had the option but i had other priorities bahaha, they're more like hobbies on my side

what language are you doing? i mean, languages typically don't have many past papers, but you could always redo them or redo questions you got incorrect
i wish i could learn another language tbh, but my school doesn't offer..
i'm doing modern greek continuers; apparently the syllabus changed in '09 so I can only go back until then :D
honestly though, speaking at home probably counts for a bit of study too so i'm not too stressed abt it, but I'm kinda in that 'omg am I doing enough, nah I'm fine, I'll procrastinate' mindset

HazzRat

H̊ͯaͤz͠z̬̼iẻͩ̊͏̖͈̪
HSC
I know you guys have suspected this for a long time. But I’m finally coming out of the closet…

as a trigonometry hater. 📐🖕

And yes I still use a unit triangle to derive my trig identities. There’s nothing wrong with that:oops:

souli

HSC
I know you guys have suspected this for a long time. But I’m finally coming out of the closet…

as a trigonometry hater. 📐🖕

And yes I still use a unit triangle to derive my trig identities. There’s nothing wrong with that:oops:
no way!!!! trigonometry is my favourite component, it's infinitely better than doing logarithms and all that stuff. And definitely better than probability. We had an exam this year (our yearly prelim) that was 50% probability and 50% trig.. the trig section was definitely better than the probability.
i like trig because you know exactly WHY you're solving and what you're solving to find rather than just punching a bunch of number in your calculator to find the gradient of a line.

HazzRat

H̊ͯaͤz͠z̬̼iẻͩ̊͏̖͈̪
HSC
Don't you love it when 2 mark HSC questions are made redundant cause of the new calculators:
Hsc markers intending you to use four lines of working out
tyhregwfrgethr.PNG
Nope lol here's my answer
Image.jpg

HazzRat

H̊ͯaͤz͠z̬̼iẻͩ̊͏̖͈̪
HSC
hod on what calculator is that?? can we bring that into the exam?
Not only is it a beauty of a calculator but it’s nesa approved. The other new feature I use a lot is being able to plug a function into the calculator, and being able to type in different x values to get a result instead of having to manually plug in each one. Anyway, here it is: https://www.officeworks.com.au/shop/officeworks/p/casio-fx-8200au-scientific-calculator-black-casfx8200?istCompanyId=0403b0ba-0671-498f-aeb7-e2ff71b61924&istFeedId=ea709c9a-279e-40be-951f-2668243ec753&istItemId=rapxrptpw&istBid=t&cm_mmc=Google:SEM:Always_on:RP|Office|Ed:Teacher+Resources||||PMAX|&s_kwcid=AL!12073!3!!!!x!!&&&gclid=CjwKCAjwysipBhBXEiwApJOcu6yfYc3grW6r811QwXfEkDw5TWX7cxzU1AGZ2QbX_TXFlO6kA8vGzxoCdX4QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

souli

HSC
MWAH thank you!!
You don't know how life changing this is gonna be for me lol

agrainofsand

HSC
Howdy All! 👋🏻

Considering there's just over a week until Term 4 begins, I thought it'd be nice to get all the 2024'ers together, just to see how everyone's holding up before Year 12 content is engraved into our brains! I also find it somewhat funny that a 2024 HSC Chat hasn't been made, yet a 2025 HSC Chat has.

I know that the 2023'ers are yet to do their HSC and we technically aren't Year 12s until they finish, but from what I've heard, most schools are starting Year 12 content from Day 1 rather than waiting till Week 5.

So, in saying that, here's an early toast to the 2024'ers!!!

Feel free to say whatever's on your mind!
YOU GUYS HAVE GOT THIS! GIVE THIS YEAR YOUR ALL GOOD LUCK CLASS OF 24 <3333

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)