• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

2024 HSC Chat (4 Viewers)

Chiprr

Somewhat Active Member
HSC
whats everyone heres atar goal and how close are yall to act achieving it. idk what mine is rn coz i havent unlocked my whole potential yet
My goal is a 97 and my school gives us ATAR projections and my last one was a 96.15. I'll get another one at the start of next term which will have 3 assessment marks for all of my subjects which should be more accurate, but trials will be the best representation. The course I want is a 97 selection rank and I'm eligible for a few.

enchantedivory27

HSC
I hope for at least 82 to get into my course but applied for early entry so hope to get an offer from that then less stress for externals

rosieohposie

HSC
Is this for mod A? Anyone else doing hagseed and The Tempest? I genuinely hated them both. Does anyone find themselves enjoying the English texts?
i did tempest/hagseed last year... sorry to my english teacher but it they were the texts i was the least interested in by FAR i have no idea how i scraped by in that module tbh

thelittlepotatofrog

HSC
ive got an assessment on the reasons for the collapse of communsim its gonna be the death of me istg

anyone else doing cold war for modern?

K2Trappy

HSC
I may get a 0 for english wtf, I submitted my mod c assignment and I was checking AI checkers after and now some of them say my discursive is ai written which is bs cause we had to write it in exam condition during class in a writing portfolio and refine it at home (that's not the worry cause the portfolio will fix it), but apparently my reflection is ai generated, idk how that's possible, and I'm scared cause there's no in class component for reflection

bellysmelly

HSC
I may get a 0 for english wtf, I submitted my mod c assignment and I was checking AI checkers after and now some of them say my discursive is ai written which is bs cause we had to write it in exam condition during class in a writing portfolio and refine it at home (that's not the worry cause the portfolio will fix it), but apparently my reflection is ai generated, idk how that's possible, and I'm scared cause there's no in class component for reflection
AI checkers aren't completely accurate ur teacher cant give u a 0 just on the basis of some random ai checker

K2Trappy

HSC
AI checkers aren't completely accurate ur teacher cant give u a 0 just on the basis of some random ai checker
Ill argue till I die if they say they're giving me 0 based on turnitin ai detector, cause I tried on a bunch and they all say different things, how can I possibly even use ai for a reflection doesn't even make sense tf would u tell the ai to write

thelittlepotatofrog

HSC
Ill argue till I die if they say they're giving me 0 based on turnitin ai detector, cause I tried on a bunch and they all say different things, how can I possibly even use ai for a reflection doesn't even make sense tf would u tell the ai to write
my teachers said that they don't use the turnitin ai checker anymore bc its known to be unreliable, hopefully ur teachers have heard the same

ajtho777

HSC
Hey all,

For an investigating science depth study, I have to survey society (as many as possible) on the belief that extraterrestrial life exists given the current evidence and the vastness of the universe.

It would mean the most if you could please complete the following survey: https://forms.gle/vB4vjE6q4JPMCbva8 . It only takes 5 minutes tops.

Thanks to everybody in advance!

bellysmelly

HSC
Hey all,

For an investigating science depth study, I have to survey society (as many as possible) on the belief that extraterrestrial life exists given the current evidence and the vastness of the universe.

It would mean the most if you could please complete the following survey: https://forms.gle/vB4vjE6q4JPMCbva8 . It only takes 5 minutes tops.

Thanks to everybody in advance!
hey u repeated one of the questions

bellysmelly

HSC
like its so dumb none of them have been proven to be accurate

thelittlepotatofrog

HSC
ive got an assessment on the reasons for the collapse of communsim its gonna be the death of me istg

anyone else doing cold war for modern?
I'm gonna actually lose my mind, the question is evaluate the reasons for the collapse of communism in eastern Europe and the soviet union and my notes are 3000+ words and unfinished and the essay can only be 1750 words and its due Monday 😭 send help fr

shirousa

HSC
I'm gonna actually lose my mind, the question is evaluate the reasons for the collapse of communism in eastern Europe and the soviet union and my notes are 3000+ words and unfinished and the essay can only be 1750 words and its due Monday 😭 send help fr
good luck

youraverageangel

HSC
N/A
OMGG THE SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME 4 ENGLISH AAAAAH
nd I had to dumb down my essay, which mind you i was very proud of, so the stupid checked would believe that i had written it
but i did allat before submitting it, so i felt really bad it felt like cutting out chunks of my soul 😭😭😭

Gods_Spear

HSC
OMGG THE SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME 4 ENGLISH AAAAAH
nd I had to dumb down my essay, which mind you i was very proud of, so the stupid checked would believe that i had written it
but i did allat before submitting it, so i felt really bad it felt like cutting out chunks of my soul 😭😭😭
If you use google docs can't the teachers just see your version history, see that it wasn't copied and pasted in and was instead slowly worked on?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)