• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

2024 HSC Chat (16 Viewers)

appleali

HSC
i also have a very vague story outline as well that i can adapt pretty easily of a kid running away due to (insert thing that relates to stimulus or question) then realizing she will ok
this is goated do you have any more ideas that are very versatile and can be adapted

appleali

HSC
this is the way. have essay prepared to fall back on but still know how to adapt and dont be afraid to alter big parts of it if u think it will work
for my essays i am memorised but for mod c i will also memorise but also can freeball

appleali

HSC
i am cooked for mod c rn. everything else im fine except maybe short answer. for mod c i only have a imaginitive and thats pretty bad, basically if its discursive im cooked
literally in the same position
ive got goated essays tried and tested in the trials
but my mod c... i have a few pieces and dont know if they are good...
and short answer ive been grinding but idk if in getting better
pop a cheeky inshallah :angel:

Solarised

HSC
HELLO DEAR SOLARISED
WHAT IS YOUR APPROACH TO MODULE C THE CRAFT OF WRITING AND WHAT ARE SOME IDEAS THAT YOU HAVE
REGARDS
Thank you for the very nice intro and for module C I would recommend writing a narrative based upon an idea that is timeless, it has to have a key idea that is pronounced through each part of the text. For example, for my narrative I wrote upon the loss of a loved one and how its significance affectws the flow and nature of life creating a journey for the character who tries to uncover the meaning of mortality an living and how they interconnect to each other.

lyingsalsa

HSC
Thank you for the very nice intro and for module C I would recommend writing a narrative based upon an idea that is timeless, it has to have a key idea that is pronounced through each part of the text. For example, for my narrative I wrote upon the loss of a loved one and how its significance affecting the flow and nature of life creating a journey for the character who tries to uncover the meaning of mortality an living and how they interconnect to each other.
welp, thats my problem, dont have a key idea

TheLastHope

HSC
How do you get good marks in a discursive? cause since its not imaginative, you can't really use show not tell and figurative language can you?, and isn't that what mainly gets you the marks for imaginative?

sainzsgf

HSC
business rn im going thru the syllbus and making sure i genuinely understand each heading. Then I'm going to start memorising the actual syllabus points and their order etc. I've also been doing a few past papers and a lot of essays to get ready. I can say ive perfected the art of fabricating statistics
literally me too, walked intro trials with no prepared case studies and pulled through with a 19/20 for my essay 😭

hscccc

HSC
How do you get good marks in a discursive? cause since its not imaginative, you can't really use show not tell and figurative language can you?, and isn't that what mainly gets you the marks for imaginative?
you can use some figurative language and descriptions in ur discursive - ive seen a cool one in a sample that was a hybrid style. You still want to be using metaphors, similes, rhetorical qs, experimentation with words and positioning, differed sentence structure, deliberate punctuation, anecdotes, personal voice and prononouns etc. Its just more of a discussion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 11, Guests: 5)