• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

2024 HSC Chat (16 Viewers)

sainzsgf

HSC
how the hell do people do this. i did a decent amount and still got like 15
i try and do 3 case studies per paragraph and make sure their all succinct with each other so that when i reference different things in the paragraph i can integrate them back and forth without dropping it one sentnece and not referring back to it, from feedback ive gotten, my teacher has said this makes for a more cohesive response, which means u can hit the a range marks, my advice would be just to spend like a good 5 minutes for planning out your response and where u can stick the case studies examples in, you could even steal them from the short answer or multiple choice, just refer to an actual business that may use that example.

statisics don't even have to be exact just make them sound realistic, like apple making $600 billion in net profit sounds ridiculous, and the hsc markers will see right through it, it'd help to use smaller businesses as examples bc the hsc markers know their shit when it comes to apple, qantas, and mcdonalds, so its harder for them to see through the fake example and then this also makes ur response not look exactly like the last 10 responses they've just marked lmao

lyingsalsa

HSC
i try and do 3 case studies per paragraph and make sure their all succinct with each other so that when i reference different things in the paragraph i can integrate them back and forth without dropping it one sentnece and not referring back to it, from feedback ive gotten, my teacher has said this makes for a more concise response, which means u can hit the a range marks, my advice would be just to spend like a good 5 minutes for planning out your response and where u can stick the case studies examples in, you could even steal them from the short answer or multiple choice, just refer to an actual business that may use that example.

statisics don't even have to be exact just make them sound realistic, like apple making $600 billion in net profit sounds ridiculous, and the hsc markers will see right through it, it'd help to use smaller businesses as examples bc the hsc markers know their shit when it comes to apple, qantas, and mcdonalds, so its harder for them to see through the fake example and then this also makes ur response not look exactly like the last 10 responses they've just marked lmao
yea this guy who used to go to my school did hsc a few years ago and blitzed bisos. apparently you dont need actual stats but you should make them sound realistic so that the marker doesnt subconsciously bias against you. but im not taking his word for it

User.sk

HSC
i also have a very vague story outline as well that i can adapt pretty easily of a kid running away due to (insert thing that relates to stimulus or question) then realizing she will ok
ill trade u, i have a reflection scaffold that realtes to the prescribed texts or mod c/b/a

et1cs

HSC
omg i watched the wall street journal’s yt series and i found out that haidilao was that restaurant with the dancing waiters
😭 that’s gonna be my go to case study

StudyNotesTips

HSC
N/A
do you guys think its possible to cook in the hsc with 6 days worth of study cause if i'll be honest i haven't been studying as much as i should..

It's definitely possible to do well in your HSC with six days of focused study, but it will require a strategic approach. Here are some tips to maximize your effectiveness in that limited time:
  1. Prioritize Topics: Identify which subjects or topics you're less confident in and prioritize those. Focus on high-weight content that is likely to appear in the exam.
  2. Create a Study Schedule: Break down your study time into manageable chunks. For example, allocate specific blocks of time for each subject and stick to that schedule to cover all areas.
  3. Practice Past Papers: Familiarize yourself with the exam format and question types by practicing past HSC papers. This can help you identify patterns in questioning and improve your time management during the actual exam.
  4. Active Revision Techniques: Use active recall methods, such as flashcards or teaching the material to someone else, to reinforce your memory. This technique is often more effective than passive reading.
  5. Seek Help: If there are concepts you find challenging, don’t hesitate to ask teachers, classmates, or tutors for clarification. Engaging with others can help solidify your understanding.
  6. Stay Healthy: Make sure to get enough rest, eat well, and take breaks to avoid burnout. A clear mind will help you retain information better.
While six days isn't ideal, many students have successfully turned around their study habits in a short time. Focused effort and smart strategies can lead to a successful outcome. Just stay motivated and positive! 😀💪

keyboardsmash

HSC
It's definitely possible to do well in your HSC with six days of focused study, but it will require a strategic approach. Here are some tips to maximize your effectiveness in that limited time:
  1. Prioritize Topics: Identify which subjects or topics you're less confident in and prioritize those. Focus on high-weight content that is likely to appear in the exam.
  2. Create a Study Schedule: Break down your study time into manageable chunks. For example, allocate specific blocks of time for each subject and stick to that schedule to cover all areas.
  3. Practice Past Papers: Familiarize yourself with the exam format and question types by practicing past HSC papers. This can help you identify patterns in questioning and improve your time management during the actual exam.
  4. Active Revision Techniques: Use active recall methods, such as flashcards or teaching the material to someone else, to reinforce your memory. This technique is often more effective than passive reading.
  5. Seek Help: If there are concepts you find challenging, don’t hesitate to ask teachers, classmates, or tutors for clarification. Engaging with others can help solidify your understanding.
  6. Stay Healthy: Make sure to get enough rest, eat well, and take breaks to avoid burnout. A clear mind will help you retain information better.
While six days isn't ideal, many students have successfully turned around their study habits in a short time. Focused effort and smart strategies can lead to a successful outcome. Just stay motivated and positive! 😀💪
i get that you're trying to be helpful and everything but people on here are here to get personal responses from real people, if i really wanted a chatgpt response i would go to chatgpt

StudyNotesTips

HSC
N/A
i get that you're trying to be helpful and everything but people on here are here to get personal responses from real people, if i really wanted a chatgpt response i would go to chatgpt
Not all of my responses are 'chatgpt responses'. Though some of my responses may sound 'chatgpt-ish' due to it becoming such a popular AI engine in the last year. If for example, we were in 2022, no one would've questioned this but I get where you are coming from and I apologise

keyboardsmash

HSC
Not all of my responses are 'chatgpt responses'. Though some of my responses may sound 'chatgpt-ish' due to it becoming such a popular AI engine in the last year. If for example, we were in 2022, no one would've questioned this but I get where you are coming from and I apologise
i appreciate the apology but "not all" is the key point i'm trying to get across. the fact that there are chatgpt responses is what i feel majority, if not all people on here, don't want

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 11, Guests: 5)