• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

2024 HSC Chat (17 Viewers)

Solarised

HSC
Omg that’s so interesting

mine was about back to basics of Millenia ago with Aristotle, who was actually a normal guy whose wife gave him chores to do, then his philosophy Eudaimonia about the surreal was like going to Taylor Swift. Then wrote about the concert, and how the big production and lights were great but if we go back to the “basics” of connection then we can get the real Eudaimonia. And a bit on finding people that “get” you which was messy but got there haha
Damn if you didn't get 20/20 for that then that's unfair

hante

HSC
Underrated subject frrr love it
Theory is meh like I didn’t know I was doing some business studies when I picked this :/ anyway project was fun
fr i literally slept through half the theory but the major was epic despite being stressful af lol

HSC
ok wait i think it was time saving inventions... back to basics... less convenient life...
Bro i cooked for Mod C fr, i yapped abt returning to nature (back to basics type shit) using some of my ext english trickle down from Intersecting Worlds. Plus talked abt tech, and Elon's Robot. I was happy with it fr, didnt write enuf pages tho.

Plus was anyone else's examiners chill asf, like I legit could've whipped out my phone and they wouldn't have a gave a shit.

qhdjshci

HSC
What are the max marks you can get for not answering the question fully in English? Like for Mod B, I mentioned textual integrity a few times but I don't think my quotes chosen supported the idea of textual integrity super well. Also, do you guys think scaling will be better this year (in comparison to previous years)?

minjihypeboy

HSC
What are the max marks you can get for not answering the question fully in English? Like for Mod B, I mentioned textual integrity a few times but I don't think my quotes chosen supported the idea of textual integrity super well. Also, do you guys think scaling will be better this year (in comparison to previous years)?
well there were other parts of the q u also had to address so if its only textual integrity u didn't mention then should be alright

scaling may or may not be better cuz it was only the mod c that threw everyone off so unless 80% of the grade just saw that and gave up then idk

Alex Marucci

HSC
It depends- one of my teachers mentioned that a marker's interpretation of textual integrity relates to whether a theme or concern is reflected throughout their works and if it was informed by their context or smth. Artistry refers to form, and you would need to have explicitly mentioned why you think it is valuable or what makes it valuable.

qhdjshci

HSC
Oh okay. I did T.S Eliot and I felt like I could've chosen evidence more carefully (e.g - by showing how the cyclical motif of time in Prufrock extends into Preludes). I did talk about Eliot's artistry through his form and structure, but I feel like I should've focused more holistically on his poems.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 14)