2024 PROGRESS LOGBOOK (3 Viewers)

ziGma

HSC
I'm enjoying Marketing! What don't you like about it?
I don't know...seems a little boring an repetitive...with all the consumer laws. A lot of it is also content we learned in YR11.

Maybe as I continue the Module I'll like it more πŸ™ƒ Where are you up to so far @AsuTeksu? Do you plan on finishing it before the holidays end? I'm currently up to Influences.

AsuTeksu

Rising Renewal
HSC
I don't know...seems a little boring an repetitive...with all the consumer laws. A lot of it is also content we learned in YR11.

Maybe as I continue the Module I'll like it more πŸ™ƒ Where are you up to so far @AsuTeksu? Do you plan on finishing it before the holidays end? I'm currently up to Influences.
I'm on Marketing Influences at the moment too! I really like Business Studies, so maybe there's a little bias there. I absorb the content quite quickly so I'm going to try to finish Marketing by the end of today or tomorrow (inc. processes and strategies). Then maybe I can start Finance during the term...

ziGma

HSC
I'm on Marketing Influences at the moment too! I really like Business Studies, so maybe there's a little bias there. I absorb the content quite quickly so I'm going to try to finish Marketing by the end of today or tomorrow (inc. processes and strategies). Then maybe I can start Finance during the term...
wow sounds like a great plan, good luck. πŸ˜„

Just asking but, isn't trying to finish all of Marketing a lot to cover in just one or two days? I mean that would require many hours right? Or perhaps thats more so with Science subjects...

I'm look forward to Finance, I like 'numbers'. Would you recommend starting Finance before the holidays end? My teacher, flys through the content during the term making it difficult to keep up as well. Thoughts?

its_ace21

/Γ¦Ιͺs/
HSC

Just asking but, isn't trying to finish all of Marketing a lot to cover in just one or two days? I mean that would require many hours right? Or perhaps thats more so with Science subjects...

I'm look forward to Finance, I like 'numbers'. Would you recommend starting Finance before the holidays end? My teacher, flys through the content during the term making it difficult to keep up as well. Thoughts?
finance isnt just numbers tho, thats only processes, and yea u should start so u can get ahead and sleep in class like me

ziGma

HSC
finance isnt just numbers tho, thats only processes, and yea u should start so u can get ahead and sleep in class like me
Haha, okay. My teacher is a hawk, he doesn't even let anyone talk during class, let alone sleep 😭

AsuTeksu

Rising Renewal
HSC

Personally, I'm able to cover all of Marketing in a short period of time since Business Studies just comes easily to me, hahaha. With science subjects, it does take much longer... especially since you need to understand THEN apply THEN evaluate everything else. Although, I only find that issue with Chemistry and not Biology.

Overall, most of my subjects have been chosen out of interest so they all pretty much, somewhat, play to my strengths and I'm able to understand things quickly. I also just really like learning and having structure so that could play a role, haha.

If you can do it, definitely start Finance! However, keep in mind, don't go too far ahead where you end up forgetting the content and wasting your time. Make sure to continuously revise it and consolidate!!

ziGma

HSC
Personally, I'm able to cover all of Marketing in a short period of time since Business Studies just comes easily to me, hahaha. With science subjects, it does take much longer... especially since you need to understand THEN apply THEN evaluate everything else. Although, I only find that issue with Chemistry and not Biology.

Overall, most of my subjects have been chosen out of interest so they all pretty much, somewhat, play to my strengths and I'm able to understand things quickly. I also just really like learning and having structure so that could play a role, haha.

If you can do it, definitely start Finance! However, keep in mind, don't go too far ahead where you end up forgetting the content and wasting your time. Make sure to continuously revise it and consolidate!!
wow you really seem like the top of the cohort kind of student. πŸ˜ƒ Yes, I understand, definitely will consolidate and I'll TRY to start Finance during the holidays then.

I suppose you 'consolidate' and revise through your flashacrds? I highly recommend the Freynman Technique 😁 that's what I usually TRY to use.

Quick question for everyone: when is a good time to start doing past Trial papers? I mean obviously we have to finish the syllabus first but when is a good 'aim' or approximation to start doing Trial papers and have all the syllabus finished?

AsuTeksu

Rising Renewal
HSC
wow you really seem like the top of the cohort kind of student. πŸ˜ƒ Yes, I understand, definitely will consolidate and I'll TRY to start Finance during the holidays then.

I suppose you 'consolidate' and revise through your flashacrds? I highly recommend the Freynman Technique 😁 that's what I usually TRY to use.

Quick question for everyone: when is a good time to start doing past Trial papers? I mean obviously we have to finish the syllabus first but when is a good 'aim' or approximation to start doing Trial papers and have all the syllabus finished?
Haha, that's very kind! Just don't push yourself too hard; avoid burnout at all costs!

Yes, you are correct. Through my flashcards or by doing textbook questions under closed-book conditions. If my sister is available, I use the Feynman Technique, otherwise I just do the "blurting" method :D

Personally, I haven't started Trial Papers yet and don't want to touch them until around Term 2 or Term 3. The primary reason is that most of my subjects don't have very many Trial Papers and I'm reserving HSC Papers for the HSC. I can't really redo papers since I remember what the answers were which wouldn't be a genuine attempt. Instead, I complete all textbook questions, get feedback on those, and complete questions from other sources like ATAR Notes or anywhere else that isn't related to Trial Papers or HSC Papers.

Average Boreduser

π™±πšŠπš—πš—πšŽπš
HSC
Haha, that's very kind! Just don't push yourself too hard; avoid burnout at all costs!

Yes, you are correct. Through my flashcards or by doing textbook questions under closed-book conditions. If my sister is available, I use the Feynman Technique, otherwise I just do the "blurting" method :D

Personally, I haven't started Trial Papers yet and don't want to touch them until around Term 2 or Term 3. The primary reason is that most of my subjects don't have very many Trial Papers and I'm reserving HSC Papers for the HSC. I can't really redo papers since I remember what the answers were which wouldn't be a genuine attempt. Instead, I complete all textbook questions, get feedback on those, and complete questions from other sources like ********* or anywhere else that isn't related to Trial Papers or HSC Papers.
u watch Zack Highley dont u

Aeonium

HSC
N/A
guys for maximum immersion is it ideal to do kurt worksheets with kurt audio playing instead of study music this is a dealbreaker i totally need to get into med

ziGma

HSC
guys for maximum immersion is it ideal to do kurt worksheets with kurt audio playing instead of study music this is a dealbreaker i totally need to get into med
What's that...😬

Aeonium

HSC
N/A
okay but for some real progress (mainly about spreadsheet)
– now imports average marks/time spent from each subject into 'main tab' sheet (Analytics)
– added several colour indicators, e.g if i get below 85 in a 2u trial paper it's dark red to symbolise what will become of me after hsc if it keeps going that way
– if average mark is below goal mark in a subject it's dark red (again, the same symbolism)
– counter for number of trial papers completed/total amount of trial papers per subject
– did some kurt
– did some english

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)