3 Speeches Wtffffff (1 Viewer)

chin music

HSC
N/A
miss_gtr said:
Thats what you get for trying to spot our trends over the recent years.. my class never did any practice papers or did we try to pick out trends that they have done over the years......we studied our shit, and no one walked out complaining about three speeches, we HAD to learn 12.. the fact that they didnt specify was good. The question was not even remotely challenging, get over it. And for those that only did 2 speeches, i wouldnt stress cuz there is a good chance you could end up getting better marks than those who did 3.
I highly doubt it. My tutor used to be an HSC markers boss and he told me if im running out of time, no matter how little i do on each text, just make sure i get em all done coz if u dont it kills ur mark badly.

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
Well apparently it works this way; if the question asks for 4 texts, and you only use 3, the best mark you can get is 15/20. Each 'text' is waited equally. So I assume that if it asked for 3 speeches, and you only used 2, the best mark you can get is 13.333/20. lol.

chin music

HSC
N/A
Meads said:
Well apparently it works this way; if the question asks for 4 texts, and you only use 3, the best mark you can get is 15/20. Each 'text' is waited equally. So I assume that if it asked for 3 speeches, and you only used 2, the best mark you can get is 13.333/20. lol.
Ye i learnt that fact the hard way in the trials.

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
Juju15 said:
ID (sic) LAUGH SO HARD IF U (sic) GOT A BAND 3 OR 4 FOR ENGLISH after being so confident and arrogent (sic) and (if) every1 (sic) who did only end up doing 2 speeches ends up getting a better mark then u (sic) becoz (sic) even though (sic) they covered the criteria better than ur (sic) UGLY ass!
I put the key tense in bold, be it, at times near illegible due to your childish manner of speech.

You should have saved your imaginary world for the AoS paper.

ameradrian

HSC
Egronk said:
I put the key tense in bold, be it, at times near illegible due to your childish manner of speech.

I totally agree with you on that point there. Lets hope you managed to muster enough brain power to get into the band 2-3 range, if that. Well done.

Juju, mate, you're a genius.

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
Egronk said:

But I must say, your post that initiated the explosion was pretty wanky.

lourai*87

~"*_*"~
HSC
The 2 that i had been working with were King and McAleese. The night before i went over the main ones i thought might be a possibility of being specified ie Pearson, Keating. And i read my summary notes from somewhere on each speech. All in all taking my chances and hoping for kindness.

Our teacher, also a HSC marker said highly improbable that they would do three, possible they'd specify. She had a nightmare the night before that they specified Cicero. Anywho this is the same teacher that told us it wouldnt be a narrative and formal essay in AoS. Also, if anyone has seen any of the Trials from past years, i think about three said to do 3 speeches.

Sooo, get into the exam and almost hyperventilate reading it. And after spending maybe a little too long on mod A i begin with lincoln's speech because i thought it best related. I wrote 11 pages. In fact, i wrote 9-11 pages for each.

English is my weakness...i have received average marks in assessments and less than average in exams. Quit your whingeing. The questions weren't EASY..so what. Get over it.

Ps. When i gave my teacher the paper her eyes nearly fell out and she kept repeating to herself in a state of shock "three speeches...three speeches...oh my god.."
--- unexpected, perhaps...disasterous, no. The end

Last edited:

Yaz88

CEO
HSC
Egronk said:

JEE IT TOOK U HOW MANY DAYS TO COME UP WITH THAT PATHETIC COMEBACK HERE IL GIVE U ANOTHER FEW DAYS 2 REFINE IT....
how about i save my fist for ur ugly face??
if i wanted your comment dickhead i would of asked for it so please dont volunteer it COZ NOBODY CARES!!
SO HOW BOUT U DIG UR SORRY ASS A HOLE SOMEWHERE AND JST DIE!!!!!
and please dont voice your opinions again coz ur a gay fuck that is unloved, big headed and down right annoying....
BTW:
"I put the dick in ur mouth [Egronk] be it, at times near illegible due to your childish manner of speech"

Last edited by a moderator:

Yaz88

CEO
HSC
borkis04 said:
god damn..stop ur bickering..just beacuse your prepared essay didnt fit exactly into the question..for you to actually think during the exam instead..dont have a whinge to us..
its done now..its not like you can adjust or change your marks by scabbing..its over
whats done is done..whats won is won.

dude can u do me a favour... round up people like urself... o take EGRONK with u please and go 2 the nearest cliff and throw urselfs off so the rest of the world can continue to be happy..
also can u get ur facts right b4 u open ur fat trap... i didnt prepare an essay for the question.. so please b4 u open that fat mouth know that ur facts are correct..
also i can whinge to whoever i want .. no1 told u 2 come on the forum.. so fuck off... i wasnt even talking to fuck heads like u.. if u didnt wanna read my whinging why did u? why did u even put up a post? u dnt like me whinging again a simple solution: u can either not come to the forum or mabe a better solution would be for u to DIE!

myrna

HSC
should have studied 12

our whole year all knew 12 speeches...

if you didnt no 3 is would have been easy to make it up.. like use word choice such as "we" "us" inclusive wordchoice for example... make up the rest...
also use the title of the speech as a quote

from the year provided a history student or some 1 with good general would b able to give you the historical context...

most ppl would no the king, lincoln and keating speeches without studying speeches... i found this unit really easy because i knew many of the speeches before we studied them... thank goodness for history

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
Juju15 said:
JEE IT TOOK U HOW MANY DAYS TO COME UP WITH THAT PATHETIC COMEBACK HERE IL GIVE U ANOTHER FEW DAYS 2 REFINE IT....
how about i save my fist for ur ugly face??
if i wanted your comment dickhead i would of asked for it so please dont volunteer it COZ NOBODY CARES!!
SO HOW BOUT U DIG UR SORRY ASS A HOLE SOMEWHERE AND JST DIE!!!!!
and please dont voice your opinions again coz ur a gay fuck that is unloved, big headed and down right annoying....
BTW:
"I put the dick in ur mouth [Egronk] be it, at times near illegible due to your childish manner of speech"

I am not sure why you are so worried about your mark...let me dedicate this critical breakdown of your post as a tribute to your writing skill and ability:

1. Your first criticism is of my "comeback". You demanded how many "days" it took me to "come up with" when i posted on the same day as you. While you present a cunning strategy, with possible reference to Einsteins theory of times relativity, unfortunately it bares no strength in the digital world of the internet.

2. You call my comeback "pathetic", when your comeback consists of petty insults such as "gay fuck" and "ugly face". The most brilliant and defining moment of your "comeback" is when you attempted to parady me.
For those who didn't pick up on this remarkable post-modern satire, in my post i mentioned that she should have should have saved her imaginary world for the AoS paper, to this, in a definitive statement in fitting with post-modern allegory, she said she would in fact "save my fist for ur ugly face". Wow.

And then, in response to me calling her "illegible", she again wittily satirised me by saying

Wow.

One day I hope to be at the same level as intelligence as her as to be able to understand what the fuck that means.

With such a wide vocabulary as you have demonstrated, and such an art at response, i find it astounding that you are not 100% confident in your ability to achieve full marks in English.

HSC
EgronK, your getting pretty anoying man, just stfu if you don't have anything nice to say.

ameradrian

HSC
Egronk said:
I am not sure why you are so worried about your mark...let me dedicate this critical breakdown of your post as a tribute to your writing skill and ability:

1. Your first criticism is of my "comeback". You demanded how many "days" it took me to "come up with" when i posted on the same day as you. While you present a cunning strategy, with possible reference to Einsteins theory of times relativity, unfortunately it bares no strength in the digital world of the internet.

2. You call my comeback "pathetic", when your comeback consists of petty insults such as "gay fuck" and "ugly face". The most brilliant and defining moment of your "comeback" is when you attempted to parady me.
For those who didn't pick up on this remarkable post-modern satire, in my post i mentioned that she should have should have saved her imaginary world for the AoS paper, to this, in a definitive statement in fitting with post-modern allegory, she said she would in fact "save my fist for ur ugly face". Wow.

And then, in response to me calling her "illegible", she again wittily satirised me by saying

Wow.

One day I hope to be at the same level as intelligence as her as to be able to understand what the fuck that means.

With such a wide vocabulary as you have demonstrated, and such an art at response, i find it astounding that you are not 100% confident in your ability to achieve full marks in English.
Juju = schooled

Thanks for playing.

P.S Maybe if i add "fuck", "fat" or "ugly" this post will be more effective. What do you think? I really feel expletives give the post extra depth, sophistication and clarity.

Last edited:

Yaz88

CEO
HSC
Egronk said:

Egronk im so very sorry.... that day will never come.... because your an imbossile...

by the way ameradrian A and B conversation so how about you butt ur fat head out..
jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez
im so sick of these rejects posting their opinions when its not wanted.....
please throw yourself of a cliff to better the world...

Last edited by a moderator:

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
Juju15 said:
Egronk im so very sorry.... that day will never come.... because your an imbossile...

by the way ameradrian A and B conversation so how about you but ur fat head out..
jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez
im so sick of these rejects posting their opinions when its not wanted.....
please throw yourself of a cliff to better the world...

Some people don't know the meaning of irony.

lourai*87

~"*_*"~
HSC
Egronk said:
The most brilliant and defining moment of your "comeback" is when you attempted to parady me
Its parody.

Anyhow...i think you're too intelligent for your own good (take that as a compliment if you will). I insulted you once -> You act at times like a pessimist and at others like an arrogant nose-in-the-air arse(ass)-hole. It is for this reason that people don't like you. I somehow don't think you are overly phased. Keep enjoying yourself now won't you.

HSC
Truly the three speeches question was satiated in suprise, but that doesn't actually mean it was of unfair or disadvantaged nature to those that only learnt two.

It is very very true that we were supposed to know all twelve at least in general, so taking the easy way out and learning two, and limiting yourself to only two is ridiculous.

The argument as to the difficulty of studying the speeches as opposed to a novel etc is obvious...the speeches were MUCH more challenging.
- One novel, one historical, philosophical, social & cultural milieu
- we were challenged to find a perspective or ideology which was inherent in at least 4 speeches, which was not only sort of far reaching, but harder
and lastly, arguing the language techniques was inclusive of the form and purpose of each speech, as an oratorical presentation aiming and achieving posterity.
Even if I didn't do the speeches i would say they were much harder to study.

honestly, just quit complaining that they created an unprecedented style of question and that you weren't ready to respond to at least a 4th of the exam question.

Last edited:

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
lourai*87 said:
Its parody.
Damn, ohh well, it was sure to happen sooner or later.

You seem intelligent enough, when i have been truly served by someone (ie. not a bunch of repetitive, boring and unrelated insults), i give respect where respect is due, and in this case I take my hat off to you.

Well played.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)