• I wouldnt kno I do neither

Votes: 7 17.1%
  • 4 u?!?!?! are u nuts??!!

Votes: 5 12.2%

• Total voters

pri

HSC
N/A
ok perhaps there is a misinterpretation, by difficultly I meant time spent on subject vs scaling vs how hard it is to get the full marks

In english I reckon its easier to get the high marks if ur talented, not study based whereas maths is purely hard work

mannnnndy

chocoholic
Originally posted by bookboy18
Please make it sooner. Theres just something about that smile that creeps my flesh.
heehee, I think it looks a bit like yoda as a baby. :p *shudders* but it is one creepy baby.

RedStz

True Scorpian
Originally posted by ND

If only it were that easy. :rolleyes:
I agreed! I know I might not have a say in this since i dont do english 4unit, but my friend does. I am doing math4u myself
trust me Math4unit is more time consuming and definitly harder!!!!
Right now my math work dominate over my other subjects, and my friend, who achieves roughly the same mark as me in English is telling me that she got nothing to do in English!!!! well she has nearly finish her eng ex2 "masterpiece", which is approximatly 7000 words and you got the bloody whole year to finish, no wonder she got nothing to do!!!!*mind you, our teacher praise her work sooo much that you'll think she will definitly get a Band6 for it*

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
4u maths can be so awful sometimes. I don't believe you can just memorise a few formulas and apply them in the exam hoping to ace it. The manipulation of algebra can be a bitch...
English is subjective... yes difficult because you have to be creative blah blah but I think at the end of the day you can still pull off a piece of work that you could still get marks for. Maths however, if you can't show how something is equal to something else then you're set for a *zero*.

SoFTuaRiaL

Originally posted by mannnnndy
rahul wtf happened to ur avatar??!!! that thing is scary:eek::p
i guess rahul's decided to post his REAL pic instead of a gif or jpeg ........ :D :apig:

povodude

Originally posted by InfiniteQ
The manipulation of algebra can be a bitch...
English is subjective...
yeah some of the questions are so twisted it aint funny. You need to apply all your knowledge of mathematics to the harder questions

Rahul

Dead Member
wat is this.

stop bagging out the pic. with that pic i am going to take over the world.

and one more thing.....shut up....*LOL*

PS- remember it is always watching u

malayz_angel

Originally posted by RedStz

well she has nearly finish her eng ex2 "masterpiece", which is approximatly 7000 words and you got the bloody whole year to finish, no wonder she got nothing to do!!!!*mind you, our teacher praise her work sooo much that you'll think she will definitly get a Band6 for it*
She's finished her major work already? Do you know what it is about?

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Lord Ac
I would say that the Ext 2 English course inst too hard at all. BUT: Advanced English is a considerable amount of work, and Ext English is essesntially the same as Advanced, except the standard is MUCH higher ...

Maths is just a matter of undersatnding and application. A matter of doing problem after problem after problem. I would say much more time consuming, much more boring and much more frustrating.

THUS: I do 4english and 3maths. I struggle in maths, not so in english. So, I am biased.

The answer is truely in the person him/herself.

Ac
agreed! i don't do 4u maths but i do 3, (and i do 4u eng), i suppose 4u maths is harder IMHO, but at the same time 4u eng is pretty hard if you don't know what you're doing... (hehe)

or rather, if you're lazy :eek:

swingin' n

i do 2u maths & 4u english- and find that english is easier than maths. but that's because i've always been good at english, and enjoy it, so i find it heaps easier to study etc

but i've never liked maths, find it hard to concentrate and study, so i get crap marks.

so i don't put as much effort into english as in maths, and still get better results.

Afro

I did both.. And i conder em as hard as each otha.. 4 Eng take up way too much of ure time.. And 4 Mathz is juz weally weally hard.. But dey both pwetty fun to do if u end up geting it...

:confused:

bookboy18

Knight of the PIGhood
I could never get maths. I just can't think logically.

I have too good an imagination. Its why I rock at English.

snakeoils

Why do I have this?
HSC
well, i do 4unit english and general maths... so naturally, im gonna say 4unit maths is harder from my perspective... BUT, just as a matter of interest, i think that 2unit English is much harder than 3 or 4 unit English...

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
Originally posted by miguel_fugdey
woah! who's finsihed their major work already? (and 4u maths requires more work than 4u english...and the concepts are harder to understand...its probably more comparable to 3u english than to 4u)
3 girls do 4u english at my school and they've all finished...

SoFTuaRiaL

Originally posted by Afro
I did both.. And i conder em as hard as each otha.. 4 Eng take up way too much of ure time.. And 4 Mathz is juz weally weally hard.. But dey both pwetty fun to do if u end up geting it...

:confused:
did both ???? whoa! did u end up with a 100 uai by any chance ?

Twintip

Yeah I have a mate doing both. He accelerated Chem last year (got 90 something) and now he's doing Physics, Philosophy and those two subjects. Crazy!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)