• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

4u Class of 2006 (1 Viewer)

Raginsheep

HSC
The basics for conics are pretty easy. Its the often messy algebra that makes it hard although I've seen some very elegant alternatives to algebra bashing.

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
Raginsheep said:
The basics for conics are pretty easy. Its the often messy algebra that makes it hard although I've seen some very elegant alternatives to algebra bashing.
Ok..that was relief.

Sydney, Australia, Earth, Milky Way...............
HSC
Mhmmmm...we just had an awful Maths Marathon today. Our class ran from lunchtime - around 1pm, till 5pm this arvo. We survived on a steady stream of coffee, Starbursts and Danish cookies.

We're somewhat of the way through Harder 3 Unit, having finished Complex Numbers - we're going to skip around a bit, but my teacher wanted to do harder 3 unit this year, in order to give all the girls who are "trying" 4U to see what one of the hardest topics in the course is.

YuMchA

HSC
woah... alot of textbooks for some ppl... i got fitzpatrick and cambridge i bought fitz but skool gave me camb, tutor writes up sheets for 4u there so hard
there like 4 times harder than the actually 4u test o_O

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
On the terry lee topic again.
Is he a good tutor?
How much does he charge?

Riviet

HSC
N/A
I JUST found out yesterday from a friend that goes to Terry Lee's 4u classes at homebush preuni, apparently he's alright, and teaches fairly quickly, my friend said he wanted to finish the whole course by about term 2, which is why they are moving very quickly. Not sure how much he charges though.

P

pLuvia

$60 for 3 hours I think, that's the one in bankstown, I might try it next saturday :)

YuMchA

HSC
Smart_Dunce said:
On the terry lee topic again.
Is he a good tutor?
How much does he charge?
dont go terry lee i go private class..... sorta like terry lee but slightly more phycotic ^^ nearly finished 4u said we have alot of time to study and do past papers ><

P

pLuvia

same lol, and we're not going to start any other topic till next year :(

Raginsheep

HSC
Don't worry. The worst thing you can do is not pace yourself properly.

webby234

HSC
N/A
Our teacher has decided to start polynomials for just two lessons this year. He assures us it is easier than complex numbers.

webby234

HSC
N/A
Raginsheep said:
Actually, complex numbers probably easier. :p
Yeah, complex numbers did seem a bit easy (probably why we did it first). I'm looking foward to mechanics (I'm a physics nerd - already done HSC Physics accelerated).

P

pLuvia

Looking forward to integration and polynomials :p

Yeh complex number wasn't so hard

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)