• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

4u Class of 2006 (1 Viewer)

Stan..

HSC
pLuvia said:
Looking forward to integration and polynomials :p

Yeh complex number wasn't so hard
Integration and Polys are easy as. You should be looking forward to either Conics or Harder 3u.

Raginsheep

HSC
In terms of the HSC exam, integration and complex are the most straight foward.

Polynomials seem easiy but some of the "prove this identity" are quite confusing and are generally more likely to come up as a harder question in the HSC.

In summary:
-Integration, HSC componenet has been the most straightforward (question 1)
-Complex, similar to integration. May have a more interesting part.
-Curve Sketching, what can I say? Annoys me because I tend to be to fussy when drawing my diagrams.
-Mechancs. HSC questions haven't seemed to difficult compared to ones from text books.
-Polyomials, farily straight foward. Some proofs may be "interesting".
-Harder 3u, fun proofs. :p
-Conics, easy to grasp. Algebra bashing makes it hard. Some proofs are elegant though. (see below)

------------------------
Consider the ellipse E, of equation x²/a² + y²/b² = 1, with centre O, and let P (x1, y1) and Q (x2, y2) be two points on E.

a) Sketch the ellipse given a>b>0.

b) Prove that the equation of the tangent to the ellispe at P is: xx1/a² + yy1/b² = 1

c) The tangents at P and Q intersect at T. Find the coordinates of T.

d) Let M be the midpoint of PQ. Show that T lies on OM produced.

e) Given that R is a point on E such that QR is a diameter of the ellipse, and that RP produced intersects QT produced at N, show that T is the midpoint of QN, with or without the use of part (d)

P

pLuvia

What's usually the Q7 and Q8 in the 4u hsc test?
The most common question

YuMchA

HSC
it changes doesnt it? depends on wat the test writers do... and update finshed 4u yay got tons of notes and crap now... neone want foto copies ^^

P

pLuvia

YuMchA said:
it changes doesnt it? depends on wat the test writers do... and update finshed 4u yay got tons of notes and crap now... neone want foto copies ^^
Notes for maths? Formulae?

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
So far, I reckon conics is just locus problems and stuff, although I still have yet to cover the "cone" problems. The working is really messy and it pays to be careful because one little mistake in such long working will screw the whole thing up. On the other hand, if properly and carefully done, the end result is a really nice and simplified expression.

jpcg

HSC
do u guys all love doing 4 unit? cause im finding it really hard to get motivated to even go to class and open the book and this is coming from someone who loves 3 unit maths...like i just find it an obligation to have to study so much for an extra unit...why cant we just get 98 or 99 in 2 unit maths? that scales us up too...

P

pLuvia

If you do MX2 you don't have to do the 2 unit test for the HSC, so your 2 unit marks won't count at all. Unless you drop MX2 then it will matter.

But I love MX2, gets me thinking. It's not so hard right now, or before in complex numbers, and curve sketching isn't that hard either. If you dislike MX2, you should be thinking of why you are doing it in the first place. But if your doing well then, I have nothing to say

Cinta_

HSC
I'm kinda new here, just wanted to say hi ! =)

Four unit is gonna kill me if it isnt already .. literally :burn:

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Cinta_ said:
I'm kinda new here, just wanted to say hi ! =)

Four unit is gonna kill me if it isnt already .. literally :burn:
Welcome to BoS forums Cinta! If you have any questions on 4 unit maths, you can post them in this forum or PM me. Good luck with this year too! :)

P

pLuvia

It's just the start you can always catch up and improve. But please if you need help ask! no way of learning if you don't ask!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)