4U maths destroys confidence (1 Viewer)

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
My general progression throughout this year was questions from Cambridge then going onto questions from Terry Lee. Cambridge for started then Terry LEss for the challenging ones.

beentherdunthat said:
DO NOT STRESS About Conics... unless it's a question 7 or 8 question, then okay fine, (d) might be a lil' tricky.
The conics questions this year weren't too bad at all.

ZJ NingNing

HSC
SoulSearcher said:
My general progression throughout this year was questions from Cambridge then going onto questions from Terry Lee. Cambridge for started then Terry LEss for the challenging ones.
I agree. this is what I do if I have time. but just Terry Lee if I dont think I have any time to do both.

AkaiHanabi

Thread killer
HSC
gm.haider3000 said:
Hello i dont seem to see the need for a tutor?? what for.. what are teachers for, guys just use your own knowledge, maths aint the hardest subject in the world.. I know i really need to get a high mark in english but everything else im basically in 85-95% which im really proud of.. give me 5 reasons to take up a tutor ?
you don't happen to be in my class do you?

by the by, last week, my tutor hadn't caught up to me in complex numbers so i'm panicking because i have to wait till saturday to get extra help ><

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Today's exam was easier than expected. Managed to finish the exam with around 10 minutes to spare.

Yes I heard that Harder 3U and Mechanics are one of the hardest topics in MX2 T-T

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
i failed my 3u exam. -_- (i think).

4u was easy

bboyelement

HSC
you will be surprised when you get your marks that is if you put the effort in.
i remember back in 2006 i did so bad but i got an 89

nottellingu

HSC
Just a kind request, can all the people that hav done their first 4u test post them up..pllzzzz:)

Foxodi

HSC
1/5, mark 80%..... made too many silly mistakes imo, but everyone else did too i geuss.

tambourine

HSC
nottellingu said:
Just a kind request, can all the people that hav done their first 4u test post them up..pllzzzz:)

i second this kind request lol

beentherdunthat

HSC
SoulSearcher said:
The conics questions this year weren't too bad at all.
Gab dude! Just agree with me in front of these kiddies. (d) might be a little tricky [ not that i remembr it lol *_* ]

starf1sh

HSC
hahaha well my school has this policy that if youre not exceptional enough for ext2 maths, but youre still okay and want to do it, you get put "on trial"

and yeh, i did pretty mediocre in my term4 assessment.

but ive figured that if i get droppd from ext2, at least ill have SO MUCH MORE time for all my other subjects.

which could be a bonus.

but this ag teacher was like, 'just think of the scaling...and it'll all be worth it in the end!'

sigh lol

Jinpoo

HSC
Other than teachers, textbooks, and tutors (i smell unintended alliteration) i find that one of the best resources we have are our peers.

take advantage of your friends - if you're stuck on a question, theyll be able to provide an explanation without bamboozling you like my maths teacher does.

in conclusions: use your friends.

(terry lee's son is in my maths class. owned)

ZJ NingNing

HSC
I am actually beginning to get 4U, well, okay, the complex numbers to be exact. but yeah, our test is on next Monday before school, so I will have to be all sleepy and stuff. :mad1:

vafa

HSC
N/A
G.H. Hardy said:

" beauty is the first test: there is no permenant place in the world for ugly mathematics"

You are just complaining. You can not get anything without hard trying. Nobody can expect himself to do well in mathematics unless he tries so hard.

If you want to be good in mathematics, you should adore mathematics more than anything else and as Hardy said there is no permanant place for ugly mathematics. (the mathematics of people who expect to be good without trying it).

Mathematics is the language of love and passion and those who understand this love and passion will speak it fluently.

shinn

HSC
acutally, if u are determined and put in a lot of effort in this course, u'll do good.

4u HSC is a speed and accuracy test, it doesnt test ur true maths abilities.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
You'd know because...?

2/3 unit so far has all been speed and accuracy, 4unit is a whole different story.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)