4u maths? (1 Viewer)

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Oh so it's E1 to E4, but since everyone or at least mostly everyone who would do 4u is capable - most people get E3/E4, right?

duckcowhybrid

HSC
E4...?

Oh must be a performance band. E4, E5 and E6, right?
E4 is the highest band in Extension subjects. The bands are E2(Band4), E3(Band5) and E4(Band 6). It's assumed that kids getting below Band 4 standard wouldn't attempt an extension subject.

brad616

HSC
Im in the same position as you. Ive been going good in 3 unit. I had an average of 80% until the yearly exam when i failed lol. My maths teacher reckons i can do it but im not sure. Any advice?
If you are not sure whether or not to do it then DONT do it. If you are going to do it then you really and truly have to be 100% sure that its what YOU want to do. Its too challenging and too much work to do if you are absolutely certain that it is right for you.

untouchablecuz

HSC
You shouldn't really be asking this.. 4U Maths are for people who are truly interested in maths and keen on learning it, the scaling is just an added benefit and it's not really if your in the lower half of the group.. But if your keen and unsure about taking the risk of 4U thats another story.. Just take up the additional unit and work, and if it's not to your liking just drop it. On a similar note, it's been said that when you do 4U you should spend about 60% of your study time on maths, which is a lot of hours.. and if your not bothered to do that then don't bother doing 4U
no trust me

play around with the matrix calculator; going very bad in 4 unit is bloody hard (but is so is going very good)

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
i don't struggle with 3u, i choke at 3u.

mind overcomplicates simple 3u questions

Xcelz

HSC
give 4 unit a go while keeping 2 unit maths and see how it goes from there.

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
I thought it you did 4U Maths, you only have to sit the 3U test and get an automatic percentile of 100 for 2U.

mtsmahia

HSC
I actually like maths, but i dont know i should take 4unit, cuz it takes me a while to understand things :mad1:lol... so i dont know if taking 4unit, will end up in consumption of more time?

untouchablecuz

HSC
what tommykins said

the amount of silly mistakes i make in 3 unit is beyond comprehension

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
For me, 4 unit maths gave me a big kick in the ass - that I had to start doing maths exercises. It was beneficial, I think the amount of practice that 4U maths forced me to do has dramatically improved my maths.

As above, my only downfall in 3u is silly mistakes. I make a heck of a lot of them under exam conditions.

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
i'm gonna ask the school whether i can do 2u, 3u and 4u exams. (just in case I drop to 3u)
4u is gonna be hell. i can't believe i picked it up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)