5 Fruit and Veg a day (1 Viewer)

louy

HSC
N/A
Do you get your 5 fruit and veg a day ??

Doctors and health experts say we should be eating 5 servings of fruit and veg a day, but I rarely get that much. To be honest, I sometimes struggle to even get 5 fruit and veg a week.

How much do you get a day ?? Do you manage your 5 fruit and veg a day ?? When and how ??

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
its only 2 serves of fruit a day'
and 5 of veg

i get all the serves of fruit but deffo not veg lol

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
I'd get 1-2 serves a fruit a day and maybe 2-3 serves of veg a day. I don't know how you'd struggle to get in the daily amount in a week! what are you eating? I don't know how big a serve is exactly, I don't know if I'd ever get close to five.

I get 1 serve of fruit in my morning muesli (the dried fruit plus I sometimes add fresh)
I usually have another piece of fruit or some fruit salad as a snack during the day.
I usually have some veg for lunch either in the form of a tuna salad or veg in my pasta sauce or salad on my sandwich.
We always have some veg with dinner, whether it be frozen veg, baked veg or salad.

My house if full of fruit and veg at the moment as in summer in particular we head over to the fruit markets (live like 5 mins from flemington) and buy up big, cheap, fresh and lasts forever.

I find the more veg and stuff you eat the more you crave it.
I love, love some baked veg with lemon and oregano

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
During the winter I have like 20 serves of fruit since I love Mandarins but other than that not really.

scora

HSC
just eat whenever ur not doing anything, are bored or are on the computer.

works for me :)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
During the winter I have like 20 serves of fruit since I love Mandarins but other than that not really.
omg, same!

I remember finishing up the box of mandarin in like 3-4 days LOL!

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm addicted to eating fruit... >_> I should kinda not eat as much as I do, it's just so sweet and tender and juicy. In regard to eating vegetables, I love my salads (A LOT) and I'll eat a bunch of them but not the traditional carrots, peas and potato at dinner time - that's a little bland.

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
I've got a friend who doesn't eat any fruit and veg at all. He can't even stand fruit flavoured drinks, cruisers, iceblocks, etc

Yeah, I struggle to get 5 serves of veg per day. It's normally 1 fruit, 3 veg per day for me.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
I've got a friend who doesn't eat any fruit and veg at all. He can't even stand fruit flavoured drinks, cruisers, iceblocks, etc

Yeah, I struggle to get 5 serves of veg per day. It's normally 1 fruit, 3 veg per day for me.
How is your friend still functioning, surely they'd get sick all the time and be malnurished

HSC
5 serves would be like torture for me. I hate fruit and veg but I still force myself to eat themn for my own health. Sometimes I have to marinate the shit out of the veg to get rid of the taste.

M3riJaan

Another Member
HSC
5 serves would be like torture for me. I hate fruit and veg but I still force myself to eat themn for my own health. Sometimes I have to marinate the shit out of the veg to get rid of the taste.
Lol, the health part makes me wish my parents never introduced me to meat. Although, curried vegies are actually quite nice! Especially eggplant! I don't know how you can eat them simply baked or boiled...

philphie

Banned
HSC
Fruit Salad,Yummy Yummy
Fruit Salad,Yummy Yummy
Fruit Salad,Yummy Yummy
Yummy Yummy
Yummy Yummy
Fruit Salad!

Let's make some fruit salad today (Uh huh uh)
It's fun to do it the healthy way (Uh huh uh)
Take all the fruit that you want to eat
It's gonna be a fruit salad treat!

Peel your bananas
The second step
Toss in some some grapes
The third step
Chop up some apples
Chop up some melons
And put them on your plate

Now we've made it,It's time to eat it (Uh huh uh)
It tastes so good that you just can't beat it (Uh huh uh)
Give everyone a plate and a spoon
We'll all be ating it very soon!

The first step
Eat up the banana
The second step
Eat up some grapes
The third step
Eat up some apples
Eat the melons
Now there's nothing on your plate

Now we've had our fruit salad today (Uh huh uh)
It's time to put the scraps away (Uh huh uh)
Wash the bowls and wash the spoon
Let's do it all again real soon!

Fruit salad,Yummy yummy
Fruit salad,Yummy yummy
Fruit salad,Yummy yummy
Yummy yummy yummy yummy
Fruit salad!

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Most days I do get 2 fruit and 5 veg.

But I eat a shit load of salad, and I live with my bf so I get to decide what's for dinner (and it'll always involve a few serves of veges).

shady145

Banned
HSC
its only 2 serves of fruit a day'
and 5 of veg
yeah :)

i easily get 5 serves of veg a day... but fruit... i hardly eat it, mainly because it doesnt really go in a meal XD... eg, for lunch... carrot+lettuce+mushroom+egg+salt/pepper/mixed italian herbs in a sandwhich... no fruit belongs in there :p except tomatoe which i dnt like XD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)