• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

5 Fruit and Veg a day (1 Viewer)

emmcyclopedia

HSC
Do you get your 5 fruit and veg a day ??

Doctors and health experts say we should be eating 5 servings of fruit and veg a day, but I rarely get that much. To be honest, I sometimes struggle to even get 5 fruit and veg a week.

How much do you get a day ?? Do you manage your 5 fruit and veg a day ?? When and how ??
Wow, not even per week?!
CRAZY!

When I went to Asia at the end of last year, I went without real veggies/plant matter for about 2 days, between plane food, maccas in Malaysia, more plane food... etc etc... I pretty much wanted to run up to the nearest tree in Cambodia and take a bite out of a bunch of leaves!

I find that it's easy to eat lots of veggies when you mix them into your meals - like, you can get 5 veggies just in a salad - lettuce, onion, carrot, capsicum and olives - plus a fruit if you have tomatoes.

As for fruit, they say 2 a day - I try to get two, having it with breaky, as a snack, or after dinner as a bit of a dessert. But many days I only get one in.

yeah :)

i easily get 5 serves of veg a day... but fruit... i hardly eat it, mainly because it doesnt really go in a meal XD... eg, for lunch... carrot+lettuce+mushroom+egg+salt/pepper/mixed italian herbs in a sandwhich... no fruit belongs in there :p except tomatoe which i dnt like XD
same same =)

I think for people who don't like or don't eat veggies and fruit, it's essential to take some sort of multivitamin supplements, or you'll feel the effects healthwise as you get older.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
I get about 2-3 serves of fruit per day but only 2 serves of vegetables maximum most days.

Fruit: I take it to uni and work as snack food and sometimes put fruit in my cereal/porridge as well

Vegetables: we always have vegetables with/in dinner, some days more than others... I try to eat some kind of vegetable matter at lunch, like in a sandwich or by eating a salad but it doesn't always happen

Fruit is way easier and convenient IMO, vegetables always seem to take effort. I don't really like lettuce or lettuce-related leafy vegetables which puts me off salad sometimes (unless I make it myself and I make awesome salads, totally free from leafy crap).

musing

HSC
5 serves would be like torture for me. I hate fruit and veg but I still force myself to eat themn for my own health. Sometimes I have to marinate the shit out of the veg to get rid of the taste.
LOL! I also force myself to eat veggies because they're healthy.

annarh-saur

HSC
Uni Grad
mmm fruits and veges. I eat like 10+ servings per day of both fruit AND veges :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)