96/100 or 48/50 what will it take? (1 Viewer)

Kujah

HSC
N/A
lyounamu said:
So do you guys reckon we will get harder paper this year?

I haven't done 2007 mx1 yet but is it any hard?
I think we're due, but if recent trends continue, we could get a relatively okay paper this year.

Hmm, I reckon the 2007 was pretty moderate, perhaps even easy in some regards.

I-Love-Jesus

HSC
What everyone is saying is really encouraging!
I have been consistently getting at least 74/84, and the last paper I did, I got 81/84. And in that one, 2 of the marks I lost were in question 1) (a)!

My teacher gave me a projected extension 1 mark of 80, which always confused me! :confused:

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Thanks guys for the input. I am not sure. I have been doing past papers from way back to 1986 and the pattern I am seeing is pretty weird. I really hope that we get an average level exam.

I-Love-Jesus

HSC
Just remember that if we get a hard exam, it will be hard for everyone, not only you.
No matter what happens, the difficulty of the exam shouldn't affect your performance relative to everyone else. :)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
BradlovesJesus said:
Just remember that if we get a hard exam, it will be hard for everyone, not only you.
No matter what happens, the difficulty of the exam shouldn't affect your performance relative to everyone else. :)
But there will always be people who get that "hardcore" questions and they will further alienate themselves from us. I just want the difference to be nicely low.

I-Love-Jesus

HSC
Mmmmmm you make a good point!
That's like with extension 2! There are absolute FREAKS!! Who can get 117+/120??

Anyway, I think I'll get back to studying, because the exams start in a week! :eek:

mathslover

HSC
lyounamu said:
So do you guys reckon we will get harder paper this year?

I haven't done 2007 mx1 yet but is it any hard?
i havent done the 07 paper either. does anyone know where i can get the full worked solns for it? or even just the answers? cz i have to d/l the paper from the net, as my success one book doesnt have the 07 paper in it.

QuLiT

HSC
2007 is pretty easy, 2006 is not so easy but doable, i think we'll get somewhere inbetween this year

conics2008

HSC
go to tery lee website for the complete solution for 2007 paper.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
ahhliss said:
My teacher said that accelerants can choose to repeat only the Extension1 next year and keep their 2U mark for this year. Is it also possible to do only 2U next year and keep this year's Extension1 mark?

Don't ask why I'm asking, I don't even know why I'm asking.
If you are going to do 4 unit mathematics, why bother? But if you are worried that you may drop 4 unit half way through yr 12, doing well in 2 unit maths will be good in that sense.

And yeah, I think it is definitely possible to repeat only 2 unit, but I would definitely suggest you repeat 3 unit maths if the mark isn't great. You will be surprised by how much you can improve during next year.

In saying that, I will def repeat 3 unit unless I get 49 which is an unlikely score for someone like me.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
ahhliss said:
I was thinking of Extension2 since all the other accelerants are doing it, but I don't know if I'll be able to keep it.

Yeah, how I am at the moment I'll most probably repeat D:

Wow, aiming high O_O

By the way, what happens if you're against really good people and your rank is kind of bad? We got a lot of international students this year that are CRAZY at Maths and I'll be against them if I do Extension2 or repeat 3U.
Then that's bad. If you have a poor rank, that's not very good. But if the people that you are up against are really good as in REALLY GOOD, they won't do you any harm nor benefit. It's just you and you brain.

And yeah, I am worried about that too. I reckon I can get about 98 in 2 unit if not more but if I decide to do 4 unit maths, that means I need to dispose of my 2 unit result...But yeah, I will prob go with 4 unit first and see how it works out.

friction

HSC
You excellerate and then dont do 4u surely if you accelerate and especially if you achieve as good as your saying you are good enough to do 4u. Really 4u is not that hard, dont do what i did but work throughout the year. God i was stupid not to work.

friction

HSC
BradlovesJesus said:
Mmmmmm you make a good point!
That's like with extension 2! There are absolute FREAKS!! Who can get 117+/120??

Anyway, I think I'll get back to studying, because the exams start in a week! :eek:
I know one of those freaks. I havent seen him not get a question in ages just loses a few marks here and there for silly errors.

proringz

HSC
mathslover said:
meaning they were 12 years old when they did the exam??
Yes, and now he's doing Chem in our class and got 97% for the trial. He's also doing Prelim Physics this year.

badquinton304

HSC
WOW so 80/84 *fish* 98/100 thats about what I am getting on most trials 78-82/84. How ever I have encountered some really hard ones like S&G where im too scared to mark it. It always comes down to a couple silly mistakes on most trials.

timmiejay

HSC
We're going to get FKED this year in maths ext 1 and maths ext 2.
The board of studies probably just realised asians are really good at maths now and gonna jack up the question difficulty.
I reckon this year, maybe a 60+ should scrape u in a E4.
Statistically, my school get about 100 E4's for maths extension...and the guy who ranked 100th got 55/84 and our test was really really really really hard!
So even if they make it real hard this year, scrape in with a hectic 60+ and it should do it.
but then again, just aim 65 for all the people who just want to settle for an E4.
I'm aiming 75ish. Wont be disappointed with 70. Hopefully mid-band 6...does that sound reasonable?

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
anyone do the 2003/2002 paper? fuck the final q's were a killer.

yorkstanham

HSC
hey, yeah iv done the 2002/2003 papers, i agree the last questions are pretty hard, i got all in 2002 except for the last binomial proof and one of the parts to the last bit of the projectile motion q in 2003

samwell

HSC
What raw mark do u need to get to get an aligned mark of 100?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)