96/100 or 48/50 what will it take? (1 Viewer)

bored of sc

HSC
M@ster P said:
I am sure a 62 will not align to a 75 that is too low, since 64 - 67, or around there will align to 90 or 45/50, so in saying that a 62 would align to at least mid 80's.

Anyone know what raw mark is needed out of 84 to be aligned to a band e3? I'm guessing around 53+ ???
Wow! :)

chiselwick

HSC
N/A
my school's top 3. so you think that it will really damage my hsc?.. T_T.. oh my god.

mathslover

HSC
chiselwick said:
my school's top 3. so you think that it will really damage my hsc?.. T_T.. oh my god.
NO! of course not... :)
if ur school's 3rd then ur doing pretty fine... ur hsc isnt damaged, just do well in ur external and ull do great.

how much should 4u students be getting in ext1 out of 84?
im currently getting around 57/84 (bad i know), but the point is i am improving with each paper :) *knocks* and what band is 57/84 btw? :S

addikaye03

The A-Team
HSC
tommykins said:
i'd be stoked with 70+/84, but i reckon i can push it to 80's (if they don't give me too much binomial :D)
i love binomial. I also really love inverse functions. i do not like circle geometry. U?( apart from binomial)

mathslover

HSC
addikaye03 said:
i love binomial. I also really love inverse functions. i do not like circle geometry. U?( apart from binomial)
i like circle
HATE BINOMIAL
HATE PERMS ETC
like integration
HATE projectiles, SHM etc etc
rest is ok

addikaye03

The A-Team
HSC
mathslover said:
i like circle
HATE BINOMIAL
HATE PERMS ETC
like integration
HATE projectiles, SHM etc etc
rest is ok
i gotta practice circle and do some more SHM questions before game day lol Binomials arent that bad, learn the theory is my advice. aww yer im not to fond of perms+ combs either. i really want 48+/50. my results vary from paper to paper e.g. sometimes about 68 other times 78.

friction

HSC
M@ster P said:
i disagree but your entitled to your statement
Go look at the raw band cut off threads in the technical area forum and you will see it is around 60.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
ahhliss said:
Trying to do past papers and dying at the moment >.<" I once worked for about 2.5 hours straight, and didn't even get up to Q7 D:

Does anyone know how good you have to be to have time for Q7 and actually have a decent attempt on it?

The last question I did was a binomial theorem question for 7b (2004 paper I think) and they were all 1 mark questions but I was just like :confused:
I don't see how Q 7s are perceived to be undo-able. They are not that hard. They just need a little bit of thinking and I swear to God that you can probably scrap at least 3-4 marks out of 12 if you think into depth.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
ahhliss said:
Trying to do past papers and dying at the moment >.<" I once worked for about 2.5 hours straight, and didn't even get up to Q7 D:

Does anyone know how good you have to be to have time for Q7 and actually have a decent attempt on it?

The last question I did was a binomial theorem question for 7b (2004 paper I think) and they were all 1 mark questions but I was just like :confused:
For me personally, I'm up to q 6 when one hour has passed.

mathslover

HSC
ahhliss said:

are u in year 11 going on year 12? no wonder u find it hard then? :S

mathslover

HSC
ahhliss said:
Woah O_O How do I get myself to work faster :(

It's just over 2 weeks from now D: I'm still haven't started looking at 2U :S
just keep persisitng.
approx how much are you getting out of 84 marks?

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
ahhliss said:
Woah O_O How do I get myself to work faster :(

It's just over 2 weeks from now D: I'm still haven't started looking at 2U :S
mm im not quite sure, just keep doing it.

depends though, because i must say im very quick at doing arithmetic in my head, so my speed may not be applicable to you.

to finidh comfortably, q7 by 1.5hrs?

mathslover

HSC
ahhliss said:
Accelerants aren't meant to find it any harder than year 12s D:
ohh ur accelerated..!:eek:
so u r doing ur 2u and ext1 exams with us? i wish our school offered that...:(
yeah just keep practising.. i think i started with like 45/84 (and couldnt attempt much of Q7) and now im gettin late 50s out of 84, and i can get most of Q7 out.

mathslover

HSC
tommykins said:
mm im not quite sure, just keep doing it.

depends though, because i must say im very quick at doing arithmetic in my head, so my speed may not be applicable to you.

to finidh comfortably, q7 by 1.5hrs?
ur a genius arent u tom

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
mathslover said:
ur a genius arent u tom
You are actually supposed to have some time after exam to look over your questions. I agree with tommy. I always have 30 minutes at the end of exam (but I never get to finish the last question since I may not understand fully as to what the question may be asking).

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
mathslover said:
ur a genius arent u tom
not really, i only get 75-80's/84 in 3unit.

too many silly mistakes, but i'm a lazy worker so i prefer doing everything in my head.

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
ahhliss said:
Accelerants aren't meant to find it any harder than year 12s D:

I haven't calculated marks yet.
Practice doing the first few questions.

Questions 1 and 2 are really basic - they pretty much ask you the same things every year with different numbers. If you can get them done in <15 minutes it will give youll have so much more time for the questions that are harder

mathslover

HSC
tommykins said:
not really, i only get 75-80's/84 in 3unit.

too many silly mistakes, but i'm a lazy worker so i prefer doing everything in my head.
oh... only?
lol;)

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
ahhliss said:
Maybe I'll actually try timing properly, checking marks and everything like a real exam... How do you time? With an alarm?
i just sit and do the exam without a time restriction first, then if i pass the time i try to work on speed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)