99+ TUTOR: 2/3/4u MATHEMATICS, PHYSICS, CHEMISTRY, DOTA (1 Viewer)

dp624

HSC
hmm; what does "not being tutored" have to do with rote learning? if anything, i think that if you have been tutored, then you would tutor better; having a bit of experience and all

undalay

HSC
hmm; what does "not being tutored" have to do with rote learning? if anything, i think that if you have been tutored, then you would tutor better; having a bit of experience and all
It means that my results are based off my own understanding of the content, rather than the regurgitation of "knowledge" bestowed upon me by others.

It means that i have a deep understanding of the content at a level where we can have a meaningful discussion, and I will be able to answer any questions that you may have.

During my time at High School, my main concern wasn't the fact that the teachers couldn't teach (they all had 10+ years of experience). It was the fact they didn't know what they were talking about. My MX2 teacher integrated e^2x by integration by parts for example. It is vital that your teacher knows what they are talking about. If they don't know the content, even if they're brilliant at teaching, you'll only be learning the incorrect ideas.

dp624

HSC
It means that my results are based off my own understanding of the content, rather than the regurgitation of "knowledge" bestowed upon me by others.

It means that i have a deep understanding of the content at a level where we can have a meaningful discussion, and I will be able to answer any questions that you may have.

During my time at High School, my main concern wasn't the fact that the teachers couldn't teach (they all had 10+ years of experience). It was the fact they didn't know what they were talking about. My MX2 teacher integrated e^2x by integration by parts for example. It is vital that your teacher knows what they are talking about. If they don't know the content, even if they're brilliant at teaching, you'll only be learning the incorrect ideas.
but tutoring, especially if it's good tutoring, will not only spam knowledge at you, it will also ensure that you know you stuff in and out. tutoring, if good, will ensure that the student has a deep understanding and so on;
it sort of sounds like you're slamming tutoring (saying it's bad for students), except that you're tutoring yourself =P

undalay

HSC
but tutoring, especially if it's good tutoring, will not only spam knowledge at you, it will also ensure that you know you stuff in and out. tutoring, if good, will ensure that the student has a deep understanding and so on;
it sort of sounds like you're slamming tutoring (saying it's bad for students), except that you're tutoring yourself =P
I'm saying tutoring will gives you marks. That is its primary motivation, not to give you knowledge per se.

There is a difference.

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
ashfield eh? u play at home or at cafe?
i remember i went there once and played at lan cafe called Confucius Technologies. lol @ name, but the comps were nice.

Michaelmoo

cbff...
HSC
Ok. So my dota marks have been slipping. Especially my pudge scores.

Whats your experience with pudge? Whats your hook accuracy?

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
My MX2 teacher integrated e^2x by integration by parts for example. It is vital that your teacher knows what they are talking about. If they don't know the content, even if they're brilliant at teaching, you'll only be learning the incorrect ideas.
Which teacher was this? Mr Niven by any chance...

Oh regarding some posts earlier, I believe Jimmy did get a scholarship. Don't quote me on it though...

abdullahasad

HSC
hello, jimmy

i want tutoring 4 chemistry , i need it urgently. i dont mind coming syd uni campus. so when can i start?

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A
Physics
HSC mark: 93
Internally 1st at FSHS

Option: Quanta2Quarks

so you can be sure I have not rote learn these courses.
Okay then...

Consider a ball being thrown upwards. Assuming there is no air resistance, does the ball stop (for a very short finite amount time) at the top of flight?

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A
Okay then...

Consider a ball being thrown upwards. Assuming there is no air resistance, does the ball stop (for a very short finite amount time) at the top of flight?
He doesn't know how to answer the very simple question :O

Last Activity: 17 Jul 2009 3:16 PM

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
He doesn't know how to answer the very simple question :O
Stop spamming someone's tutoring page. The purpose of the tutoring page is not to answer your "the very simple question".

I am sure he is more than capable enough to attend to your need but do it somewhere else.

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A
Namu, the purpose of the question was to see if he actually did learn physics without rote learning.

I really hate it when people fancily advertise just to get students.

I could go on, but it's unnecessary, I've already made my conclusions :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)