A call from Baulkham Hills (1 Viewer)

Makeone

HSC
I received a call from Baulkham Hills HS but I missed it because I was in class. I'm guessing it's about transferring there because I don't go to BHHS and why else would they call me? lol

Edit: I called them next morning (today) and they said to come in for an interview next Tuesday!
I'm sooooo nervous and I have noooooo idea what the heck to say.

Also, I go to a school that's not ranked very well. It's a public school that's ranked in its late 90's, early 100's. Would the transition from my school to that school, especially for year 11 be hard??

Thank you so much in advance, and I'm so nervous! hahaha

Last edited:

c8

HSC
Congrats! It is most likely to let you know that you have made it to the next round so it may mean they will offer you a spot or ask you to come in for an interview. I am just assuming but if it was to tell you that you didn't make it in, they would have sent you a letter or told you via email. Good luck!!!

ahri

HSC
It's probably the interview, where they basically just ask you what extracurriculars you do and then they talk about the importance of work/life balance and having hobbies etc and they give you the paperwork, but basically you got in! And I don't think the transition would be too hard, except probably maths. When I moved I was fine with my subjects since I was doing relatively well before, but my maths was always a lot weaker (around average in my old school), and they are definitely a lot better here (they finished covering about half of the y11 topics in y10) so I'm not doing great in maths, but other than that, the transition isn't huge. Would definitely reccomend on practing your maths regardless, it is extremely competitive! Congrats tho :)

HSC
Lmaoo same thing happened to me 2 years ago and I also missed the phone call. Basically they're offering you an interview which is really just a formalities thing (dealing with pressure, stress, transport, hobbies etc...). Pretty much u made it well done!!

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I remember when the new guys started in year 11 - they definitely worked hard and were more committed than many of us who had been there since year 7. I'd say keep up that attitude because it'll pay off from what I saw with my new classmates who did really well.

Makeone

HSC
What did they say?
I got the front office and told them I was there for the interview. This lady got called and asked me for my passport, birth certificate and visa details (I'm not Australian so they asked for those). I didn't have my birth certificate with me so we discussed how she would receive them later. Told me to go inside and sat down in the middle of the office.

We got there 30 minutes early so I just sat down and looked at the trophies, doors, wooden board with people that got 99.9+ and just looked at the clock. Also, there were like five people in the clinic/sick bay and three people were sleeping. SOOOO many people are sick and short at Baulko ahaah. The principal called us in 10 minutes before our actual interview time.

She got out my report and awards amongst a pile of other files on her desk, skimmed through them and asked me a couple of questions.
"Other than studying, what do you like to do in your free time?"
"What sports do you do?"
"Do you play any instruments?"
Then she talked about how it was important to keep those sports and extracurriculars to let off the steam from studying. She told me how the environment at Baulko was stressful and the person that pressured you the most was probably yourself. Told me about how it would be more competitive than my comprehensive school.

She then signed and handed me a yellow/gold letter about the offer, gave me a yellow/gold letter about orientation day, transport details, uniform open days and the uniform sizes. She then lead me out to a teacher opposite the office in the administrations.

I greeted him and he was SUPER nice and friendly hahaha. He had a copy of what subjects I wanted to do on his right and confirmed with me if those were the subjects I wanted to do. Told him they were correct and he welcomed me into the school.

I left the inside office and the first lady I met in the front office told me I could just e-mail the birth certificate details to her.

Last edited:

c8

HSC
I got the front office and told them I was there for the interview. This lady got called and asked me for my passport, birth certificate and visa details (I'm not Australian so they asked for those). I didn't have my birth certificate with me so we discussed how she would receive them later. Told me to go inside and sat down in the middle of the office.

We got there 30 minutes early so I just sat down and looked at the trophies, doors, wooden board with people that got 99.9+ and just looked at the clock. Also, there were like five people in the clinic/sick bay and three people were sleeping. SOOOO many people are sick and short at Baulko ahaah. The principal called us in 10 minutes before our actual interview time.

She got out my report and awards amongst a pile of other files on her desk, skimmed through them and asked me a couple of questions.
"What sports do you do?"
Then she talked about how it was important to keep those sports and extra-cirriculars to let off the steam from studying. She told me how the environment at Baulko was stressful and the person that pressured you the most was probably yourself. Told me about how it would be more competitive than my comprehensive school.

She then signed and handed me a yellow/gold letter about the offer, gave me a yellow/gold letter about orientation day, transport details, uniform open days and the uniform sizes. She then lead me out to teacher opposite the office in the administrations.

I greeted him and he was SUPER nice and friendly hahaha. He had a copy of what subjects I wanted to do on his right and confirmed with me if those were the subjects I wanted to do. Told him they were correct and he welcomed me into the school.

I left the inside office and the first lady I met in the front office told me I could just e-mail the birth certificate details to her.
congratulations!!!!

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
Why do they specifically ask what instruments do you play? Do they consider people who play instruments at a level above others who don't?

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad

"What sports do you do?"
Then she talked about how it was important to keep those sports and extracurriculars to let off the steam from studying. She told me how the environment at Baulko was stressful and the person that pressured you the most was probably yourself. Told me about how it would be more competitive than my comprehensive school.

She then signed and handed me a yellow/gold letter about the offer, gave me a yellow/gold letter about orientation day, transport details, uniform open days and the uniform sizes. She then lead me out to a teacher opposite the office in the administrations.

congrats! you must be stoked. sounds so exciting to get through that process and get the envelope :)

Fizzy_Cyst

HSC
Uni Grad
Well done!

If you are doing Physics and want to get a jumpstart, hit me up via PM. I have a Year 11 Baulko class starting in a few weeks :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)