A Collection of HSC Advice (1 Viewer)

swagmeister

HSC
#generalmathslyfe haha we get given most of the formulas we need. What I do though is make a one page summary for each topic with formulas etc. on the left and tips on things the examiner will do to trick you and how to avoid mistakes and things to be careful of on the right. But it's not like I go through each syllabus dot point and write out how to do it.

lightthefuze

HSC
Make as many notes as you can, at least up to the half yearlies

This is absolutely crucial, don't make the same mistake i did because it will definitely backfire. I did absolutely nothing in the holidays and had to scramble to make Business notes for 2 topics, IPT notes for 3 topics, ITVET notes for ~5 topics and study half the general math course in a night leading up to my half yearly exams. Needless to say that if i used my holiday time more effectively i would of performed much better

Great guide OP. Suggesting that all 2015'ers and beyond take a bit of time to read through it
I've done notes for the first and second topics of each subject (Term 4 2014 and Term 1 2015), is that okay?

lightthefuze

HSC
Well what a coincidence I am too right now as we're speaking

Making summary notes for Plutarchs life of Pericles
Making some notes for Bronze Age Minoan Crete (aka copy the whole textbook section because it's already summarised)

I can feel that sense of Ancient 'unity'

Last edited:

swagmeister

HSC
Making some notes for Bronze Age Minoan Crete (aka copy the whole textbook section because it's already summarised)

I can feel that sense of Ancient 'unity'
Even if its already summarised you are still best off trying to write it in your notes in your own words :)

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
I learnt to always be open to asking feedback from teachers and classmates - seriously, my first Business Studies assessment, I was spamming Dot Point and got my teacher to mark it, and then I went over questions I lost marks on. However, I didn't know how to answer a question, so I went to the Facebook group my class made and asked them for help. Couple of days later, the assessment had the question I had asked help for and was able to answer that question for full marks!

TLDR; Be open to abuse your teacher [LOL] by asking them to mark you past papers and help you with any inquiries, and be ready to ask classmates for feedback or help.

Also, for notes
Type notes as you go throughout the term!

Use a lot of different textbooks and resources to refine your notes

swagmeister

HSC
probably a tad late cause most school's half yearlies are done, but bump anyway cause the holidays are coming up and it's critical you maintain a good routine

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)